January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

While I think this is the window where we should cash in on Reynolds, I think we should be looking for more than £600k for him. I think we should be pushing for at least £750k, plus adding in some clauses (% of future fee etc).

Also, Newcastle? They are pretty much a shoe-in for promotion this year. I just can't see Reynolds playing in the Premiership in 9 months.

Would be happy enough with points 2 and 3.

Not a clue who number 4 is so i'll take your word for it. Seems harsh on Fraser, he's not had much of a chance.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a few rumours last night off a reliable sauce.

1. Reynolds to Newcastle, for £600k.

2. JOB will be staying and signing a new contract.

3. Craig Moore to FP.

4. Albion Rovers 21 year old keeper, dont know his name, might be signing for the Well as Fraser is surplus to requirements.

I would be ecstatic with all four bits of news there. Have my doubts about them all though!

How much did Hertz get for Berra?

Reynolds is worth a million at least. I think he will be offski though.

im sure it was £2.5million berra went for.i agree we should be looking for atleast a million for reynolds we turned down that fae rangers two year ago so to take anything less now when hes a more improved player would be daft

im sure it was £2.5million berra went for.i agree we should be looking for atleast a million for reynolds we turned down that fae rangers two year ago so to take anything less now when hes a more improved player would be daft

1. £1m was the total that was offerred, when all the add-ons, etc were included.

2. The country has gone into financial meltdown in betweeen times.

3. Reynolds has been shite for the majority of the time that has passed.

SOCCEROOS defender Craig Moore has been thrown a World Cup lifeline, with a short-term move back to Scotland on offer as early as next week.

Moore has been asked to join Scottish Premier League side St Johnstone - returning to the country where he spent a decade with great success.

The 34-year-old wants out of Brisbane Roar before the end of the A-League season to maintain his fitness to ensure selection for Australia's World Cup squad.

Moore's former Glasgow Rangers teammate Derek McInnes is manager at mid-table St Johnstone, and said he wanted to sign the defender on loan during the next transfer window, which opens tomorrow.

''He [Moore] has indicated he is thinking seriously about it,'' McInnes said. ''I hold him in very high regard.''

Moore, who is in the Middle East with the Socceroos squad preparing for the Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait next Wednesday, said: ''I don't know where I'm going to be, but there's every chance I will be away in January … the club has been supportive of that.''

Meanwhile, I'm intrigued to see what right back we go after.

That's why I am baffled by the Moore thing - we have Hutchie, Saunders and Page for there. inexperienced? Yes. But so was Reynolds. Hell, so was Craigan once. Stciking these guys behind Moore on the pecking order stunts their development, to me - sure, thay can pick things up off Moore but, really, i think playing week in and week out would help more.

Let's go get a right back cos that is where the squad needs soem strngthening.

Dunno where the Craig Moore thing is coming from the BBC seem to understand differently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8438354.stm

Derek McInnes's St Johnstone could be beaten by Dick Advocaat's AZ Alkmaar to the signature of Craig Moore after the former Rangers defender's departure from Brisbane Roar. (News of the World)

I'm sure Fraser is relatively high paid for a 2nd choice goalie, assuming we keep Ruddy for the year.

Indeed. There's no need for a club like Motherwell to be paying reasonably high wages every week for two SPL quality keepers. We should have as good a first choice keeper as we can get, and then a young back-up goalie who can do a half-decent job when/if required.

Get shop of Fraser, bring in this Albion keeper, and free up wages for elsewhere in the team.

Indeed. There's no need for a club like Motherwell to be paying reasonably high wages every week for two SPL quality keepers. We should have as good a first choice keeper as we can get, and then a young back-up goalie who can do a half-decent job when/if required.

Get shop of Fraser, bring in this Albion keeper, and free up wages for elsewhere in the team.

Haven't we already got three keepers albeit one being under 19!! If we keep Ruddy till the end of the season I'd move Fraser on just now. Quite a big earner in Motherwell terms as I understand and like McGarry not justifying it.

What happened to that keeper who was playing for Accies a few seasons ago?

McEwan, was it?

He looked pretty decent, and he wasn't all that old either.

Davie McEwan....... eh naw aswell. He's a fookin lunatic. LAst I heard he was at Dumbarton I think. Also made it over the water to Derry but crashed and burned. His social life gets in the way of his footie.