January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its best to wait and see if it actually happens before slaughtering young Slane. There was talk of him signing a deal with us too so its all up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

If we rated Slane so highly we should have had him tied down ages ago.

another Legacy for the esteemed Mark McGhee, tho if the rumours of his Fathers involvement are true we couldve made him the best paid kid at the club n he`d have snubbed it

McCart just doing his job. If we rated Slane so highly we should have had him tied down ages ago.

Exactly what I was just about to post.

Chris McCart is paid by Celtic Football Club to find good young players and bring them through the ranks at Celtic Park in the hope they'll turn out to be cracking players for the Timothies in the future.

By signing Paul Slane on a pre-contract he's doing his job. Paul Slane is a silly wee boy if he goes, but that's exactly what he is just now - a wee boy - and all he'll see at the moment are the bright lights of his boyhood heroes.

The only folk to blame if this happens are those at Motherwell Football Club responsible for making sure our good young players are tied to the club.

Let him rot in the u19's until June. We stood by him when he was injured. Our ticket money paid for his operations. We are offering him a chance to play regurarly in the SPL but he would rather go to a club where he is a long way back in the pecking order and wont get a sniff of the first team for another few seasons.

I'm wi' Yir on this - will wait to see how it plays out as I know / hope the club are doing what they can within our structure and it may be brinksmanship or whatever.

However if true the wee chunt should be fucking sectioned (that's in mental health terms not sliced and diced).

It would illustrate yet again the cancer that is The Old Firm and the West of Scotland

Here's hoping.

Maybe we should wait until he actually leaves before we tear into him.

At the end of the day he is a young guy who isn't exactly a first team regular albeit he has been injured.

If the rumours are to be believed this deal if it happens has been done since before c***y mcshovelface left.

If he wants to stay and play for us he will and If he is that hell bent on sitting on the bigot bench rather than

actually playing football, hell mend him .

He may well regret it before too long, meanwhile we will play young players who want to be here.

As for McCart he should not be made welcome at FIr Park, he is a dirty two faced scavenging soap dodging wank.

He has been actively trying to poach players from all our age groups since moving to the bigot

Bowl

Think thats part of the problem,apparently his Dad is celtic daft n seeing pound signs so is pushing him toward the girodome

This was rumour peddled earlier in the season and posted as much. McGhee and £40,000 too. Also told from inside the club that his father had informed the club about approaches made by Celtic which he felt would unsettle as he wished to continue development at Fir Park.

:lol: Confused? As others state, will wait to see how it plays out as I would hope the club are doing what they can within our structure and in the case of the Shettlestons, it will definitely be brinksmanship and whatever.

Really liked the look of Slane pre-season and it will be hugely disapointing and anger enducing if this comes to pass. Despite "only doing his job", it's a poor show from McCart for actively seeking to take a young player from his former club at this stage in his (Slanes) career.

The abuse McCart is receiving here is out of order.

He is doing his job, which sees him doing the best he can for Celtic - not Motherwell!

Most people on this thread appear to agree that they will be disappointed IF Slane moves on. Clearly Slane is one of our prized assets, and McCart would not be doing his job if he simply did not try to get the lad simply because it is Motherwell he is dealing with.

I would expect Motherwell to be screaming blue murder (or whatever that old saying is) if McCart or Celtic were doing anything remotely dodgy - and I take the apparent silence from Motherwell on this to speak for itself.