January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

At the end of the day, its business.

If all these RUMOURS and thats what they are at this stage, are true, then its bad business from us and good from Celtic.

It's immoral and wrong from a our perspective but at the end of the day morals are rare in modern day football, Joey Barton, Bobo Balde, I dont need to mention any more.

Just noticed flow is reading this thread.

Hopefully he might fill us in a little.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed flow is reading this thread.

Hopefully he might fill us in a little.

A club official isn't going to "fill us in a little" on something that's no more than a rumour at this stage. The club should stick to dealing with facts, and when something concrete comes up, I'm sure we'll be among the first to know.

A club official isn't going to "fill us in a little" on something that's no more than a rumour at this stage. The club should stick to dealing with facts, and when something concrete comes up, I'm sure we'll be among the first to know.

Thats what i meant !!!

if paul is thinking about moving onto his boyhood heroes i hope he speaks to willo flood 1st who also thought it would be a great move. look what he wants now, away from parkhead apparently, not getting enough 1st team games, wasting away somewhere in the background. at paul,s age definately not a good move imo

Striker Chris Killen is the latest Celtic player to be of interest to Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan. (Daily Record)

Paul Slane is poised to sign a pre-contract agreement with boyhood heroes Celtic after rejecting a new deal with Motherwell. (The Sun)

Middlesbrough are unwilling to pay a loan fee to Celtic for striker Chris Killen and winger Willo Flood. (The Sun)

i'll be disapointed if he goes but i don't think we should demonise the boy. the chance to play for the team he supports (did we not take a local boy from ross county in the same sort of circumstances in the summer?) added to the fact that he'll probably get a big signing on fee and wage which could make a significant difference to his family means it would be a very hard move to knock back.

Right so, we will spend considerable time and money developing a player, give him his chance in our first team, stand by him when he is injured and help him back from that injury. All so that Celtic can then nip in and steal him for nothing or next to fuck all, and thats all ok cause he is a Celtic fan.

He is being badly advised and McCart is a wank.

I love the stand by him when he is injured line. Aye like we punt players every time they pick up something worse than a knock. He is seen as the next big thing, are we gonna release him because he needed an operation?

To be fair to Motherwell in the past we have given players a further contract when they picked up a serious injury when probably if they hadn't they would have been released anyway but by and large standing by players when injured just sounds ridiculous as we hardly likely to bump talented players out the door when an injury keeps them out of action for a few months, fair enough if it was 2 years and even then we'd only be that patient if we thought we were getting a return. It is rarely selfless.

I love the stand by him when he is injured line. Aye like we punt players every time they pick up something worse than a knock. He is seen as the next big thing, are we gonna release him because he needed an operation?

No, but this move has been spoken about since c***y McShovelface left, why the fuck should we assist a player back to fitness while that player is apparently refusing to sign a contract. We seem to be happy to show commitment to players and Management when they show none to us.

He was touted as our next big thing and if it was the case that he was staying obviously we would support him during his injury, however all we have done is get him fit and develop his talent so that Celtic benefit.

If he signs a pre contract with Celtic he should never play for Motherwell again, not even the 19's.

i'll be disapointed if he goes but i don't think we should demonise the boy. the chance to play for the team he supports (did we not take a local boy from ross county in the same sort of circumstances in the summer?) added to the fact that he'll probably get a big signing on fee and wage which could make a significant difference to his family means it would be a very hard move to knock back.

Thank fuck somebody else said it. What teenager is going to knock back a move to a team he supports and a likely pay increase of several hundred %? He won’t see warming the bench as his future, he’ll be imagining himself as their star player in a couple of years with a crowd of 60,000 chanting his name and I’m sure this is how it would be sold to him. So no, I won’t be demonising a teenager for making what I think may not be a good decision. Fuck knows I made much worse choices when I was his age.

Too many punters on here act like daft wee lassies who’ve just been dumped for a burd with bigger tits every time a player moves on.

I agree if does sign for Celtic I'd have him in every day his contract stipulates and make him sweep up.

In the interim we can hardly withhold treatment until he signs a new deal. It a shite situation but seemingly one we can't do a whole lot about. I slated the club earlier for not signing him up before now, but when seemingly McGhee was trying to punt him to Celtic before he left thwarted or not it has seemingly opened a door that we now can't close.

It's not about a player moving on, it's about one being stolen from us before he even gets a decent run in our first team having been basically tapped by our former head of youth development.

Aye your right mate. Tell you what we would be aswell scrapping our youth setup right now.

Every decent player we bring through will want a move to a bigger club.

In the interim we can hardly withhold treatment until he signs a new deal. It a shite situation but seemingly one we can't do a whole lot about. I slated the club earlier for not signing him up before now, but when seemingly McGhee was trying to punt him to Celtic before he left thwarted or not it has seemingly opened a door that we now can't close.

i don't think mcghee deserves much blame, chris mccart seems to be the driving force in this. he spoke very highly of slane at the q and a night saying that he's one of the very few exceptional young players in scotland.

we should play hardball over the compo and use the examples of the compensation that chelsea have payed middlesborough and leeds for boys they've poached.

Its a daft move by a daft wee laddie who has been ill advised. Ok he is a Celtic fan but if he signs a contract with MFC he gets a serious wage increase too,plus first team football which will give him access to possible euro experience,international exposure with the U-21s and an increased profile so he can move to his "boyhood heroes" in a couple of years and command a far bigger signing fee + wage.

Doing it this way,he will be seen as a prospect,given a wage prob not too much more than he would get here and if he is lucky will play 3 pre season friendlies and a couple of sub appearances in the league for the next 2 years before he is even seen as ready for the bigots.

Staying with us he is pretty much guaranteed 1st team football. At the girodome he has to compete with Niall McGinn,Barry Robson,Paddy McCourt,Shaun Maloney,Aiden McGeady for wide roles,all of whom are established,experienced internationals! Not to mention anyone else they sign.

i don't think mcghee deserves much blame, chris mccart seems to be the driving force in this. he spoke very highly of slane at the q and a night saying that he's one of the very few exceptional young players in scotland.

we should play hardball over the compo and use the examples of the compensation that chelsea have payed middlesborough and leeds for boys they've poached.

:wallbash: MFC play hardball with the bigot brothers? theres more chance of Jordan becomming a nun! we will roll over and let Celtic shaft us as always, prob accept £20k compo at most!

I think we should play him every week even if he signs for the tims, more chance of him getting injured again!

It might not be a bad idea. Not the injury part. But if he's signed up for Celtic, and heading for a couple of years anonymity, then 4 months in the spot light for us ripping holes in the opposition defences would get him a head start in his park head career.