Gannon Sacked! Motherwell Part Company with Manager

steelman1991

Listening to Radio 5 Live there, had just not long switched on and the commentator at the Leeds game said Jim Gannon was just sitting in front of her "having just left Motherwell". Hadn't heard at that point, so I raced to the boards.......and here's the truth! Boyle wouldn't have sacked him for no reason.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough the parting company bit if there is no commitment, but it isn't likely to help raise the current form with no manager in sight (or is there?)

Much is it a week, then? I'll stand in until we get someone new. I'll need a wee tartan rug and a thermos of soup.

Well Well, I'm not looking for an argument, but surely you can see why JB has taken this decision? not to give him more time

he wouldn't sign a contract and was actively talking to other clubs about taking another job, all this whilst failing to look after MFC, we are potentially in a worse position regards first team squad contracts than when Mcghee shat on us. Gannon did good getting the 'Well kids signed on but thats not enough when he was also running many others out the door ( I take your point that we need not show loyalty, but we do need players to fulfill squad requirements)

But like you I'll be there, (well as soon as I'm fit :whistling: )

As previously stated it is firstly and foremost a business, a results driven business at that. He wouldn't sign a contract..?? I would then question why we appointed any manager who did not sign a contract in the first place.

Yes I agree with JB as the club owner he is protecting his business as much as possible. However, to run a club with a manager who has not signed a contract is foolish at best. Maybe JB was hedging his bets, who knows.

As I stated previously if he was talking to clubs then I would have shown him the door there and then, but then he is thinking of his own future not the clubs. Time will tell but he definitely appeared pretty demoralised the last few weeks.

Listening to Radio 5 Live there, had just not long switched on and the commentator at the Leeds game said Jim Gannon was just sitting in front of her "having just left Motherwell". Hadn't heard at that point, so I raced to the boards.......and here's the truth! Boyle wouldn't have sacked him for no reason.

So he is at the Stockport vs Leeds game? Seems he can't get over not being at Stockport anymore :whistling:

I'll say this, given hoe outspoken JG is, I think we might be hearing a few things about our club that we might not want to in the very near future.

Bit shocked at this, but if the situation was that bad then there's no point trying to persevere. I think the main worry now isn't who we'll get in but about the situation with the loan players. Gannon was apparently the one with the masterplan, who knows what'll happen now.

I heard Ruddy, Moutaouakil, Jutkiewicz, were off in january, because of Gannon. MAD MAN :whistling:

I agree 'Well 'Well that it was maybe a foolhardy or brave for JB to begin the season with a manager with no contract,

BUT

as soon as he had it confirmed that JG was speaking to other clubs then I think we would all agree that showing him the door is the only option

JG's master plan only works if he is at the helm, demoralising registered players, short term contract signings, loanees etc, all leaves MFC fucked if he took one of the other positions

So he is at the Stockport vs Leeds game? Seems he can't get over not being at Stockport anymore :whistling:

I'll say this, given hoe outspoken JG is, I think we might be hearing a few things about our club that we might not want to in the very near future.

obviously the mere sight of the messaih inspired Stockport to come back from 1 down to lead 2-1.

oh whoops they've thrown it away. welcome home Jim

Wonder if the rumours of player unrest are true, and also played a part in Gannon's departure? A real shock and could have a negative efect on our transfers in January, especially the loan signings like Ruddy, who were attracted here by Gannon.

Can't wait to hear what Gannon has to say about this...if he actually wants to talk to the media.

My faith has been well and truly restored in all things Motherwell.

Was genuinely considering giving up my ST while that arrogant wank was in charge.

On yersel' JB!

Totally shocked by this. Was at the MST open forum thing the other week and he gave no signs at all that he was even thinking about other jobs.

Disappointed he's gone, but as others say, JB wouldn't do it without good reason. My only worry is that we'll get a rubbish manager like Ian McCall or someone in now.

Maybe Gannon's off to United? Maybe Mike Ashley is actually buying the club and this is the start of the clearout :thumbup:

As previously stated it is firstly and foremost a business, a results driven business at that. He wouldn't sign a contract..?? I would then question why we appointed any manager who did not sign a contract in the first place.

Yes I agree with JB as the club owner he is protecting his business as much as possible. However, to run a club with a manager who has not signed a contract is foolish at best. Maybe JB was hedging his bets, who knows.

As I stated previously if he was talking to clubs then I would have shown him the door there and then, but then he is thinking of his own future not the clubs. Time will tell but he definitely appeared pretty demoralised the last few weeks.

maybe JB gave him a deadline to sign his contract and he passed this by. Hopefully tho he has already put out a few fealers and we get someone in in the next week or so that has already had the chance to watch our team play and may even have a few ideas about replacements.

hately, Brown or Mccart perhaps?

Wonder if the rumours of player unrest are true, and also played a part in Gannon's departure? A real shock and could have a negative efect on our transfers in January, especially the loan signings like Ruddy, who were attracted here by Gannon.

Heard a rumour that Giles Coke's recent omission from the team is down to a practical joke Gannon didn't see the funny side of and that he lost the dressing room along time ago. Fair play to him for blooding Hutchinson, Saunders, McHugh and Forbes, but I'm not sorry to see him go. The last time we were worthy of winning a game is taking us back some length. An he is an arrogant, ignorant prick who refuses to shoulder the blame for anything, just a slightly less dour-faced Jim Jeffries. He hasn't done his chances of another job in Scotland any favours whatsoever in the last wee while.

Never seen this one coming to be honest, and I suspect there a LOT more to this than we will ever be told. He did rub folk up the wrong way in his six months here but it shouldn't be forgotten that he did many good things too.

I now hope we bring in a good long-term appointment and that Gannon's departure doesn't screw us over for the January transfer window, especially with the loanees.

Good luck Jim.