Gannon Sacked! Motherwell Part Company with Manager

steelman1991

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed without a contract...and sacked because he wouldnt sign one. This just about sums up the mickey mouse operation that John Boyle and co run.

After two and a half years of pulling the wool over peoples eyes with a couple of pleasing appointments and the reversal of the cooper. It is now clear to see the blinding incompetence that John Boyle runs Motherwell Football Club with. Dear John, do you never learn? We should of suspected something was wrong with the blatant lying in the relaid pitch/drains debacle. But we glanced over that because things were going well. Now we're stood, in the final days of december, 72 hours before the transfer window opens..and more importantly before we lose key members of our first team, managerless. In the summer you, supposedly, held extensive interviews with several individuals. Jim Gannon has been open about his unwillingness to sign a long term contract, a look at his previous club would of alerted you to this. You have chosen to bring him in John over other managers, because quite simply it would not of cost you a penny to bump him off.

Whilst Gannon is derided for his long term plans for Motherwell, you sit up in the stands with your short arsed wee suits...obviously with a vacant blank space between your ears! Where is John Boyle's vision for Motherwell? Are you still trying to sell the club off?? Are you still trying to piece together where it all went wrong at Zoom???

I'm sure in time we will find out Jim Gannon's version of events. Jim Gannon has obviously rubbed people up the wrong way, there has to be truth in the rumours with regards to player fall outs. He says what he feels, rightly or wrongly. Many occasions in the last 2 months what he's said is unneccessary. He had a vision. He wanted to offer something different. His promotion of the young guys was refreshing. Some of his signings, excellent. He had his faults like every other manager. He was very naive with the scottsh press. The referee situation was a blight on the club, in the media's eyes anyway. Jim Gannon sat there at the fans forum before the Rangers game and said that while he had been approached he had not been interviewed for other jobs, and his commitment was to Motherwell and John Boyle. If he lied to the fans then it'll reflect very poorly on his character, and certainly alters any legacy he has left at fir park.

With regards to players feelings, Craigan inparticular. Craigan has been a wonderful servant for Motherwell, but it took a fresh face to quite clearly see he is totally inadequate on a week to week basis in the SPL. Perhaps one off games for Northern Ireland are different. But yourself and Lasley, whilst great club servants, are the type of players who hold younger players back by holding onto a position you no longer deserve or merit.

My fear is now we'll be stuck watching some very boring, Ian McCall, Gordon Chisholm, (Insert any other pish scottish journeyman manager), with some very typical Mark Burchill, Jim Hamilton, Gerry Britton, Dougie Imrie style players. Enjoy!

And you have been trying to maintain some sense that there is a plan behind this. Which is quite frankly utter pish as you have no evidence to back anything up you stupid fud. Your the one who suggested that Boyle had implemented a deadline. i merely asked where you had got this because it would have changed my outlook on the way Boyle has handled it.

Boyle is a fuckin idiot.

And the only reason ive been on here for hours is because its freezing and the telly is pish.

Its only as stupid position if Jim had not been given a deadline to actually sign a contract to give us stability

There you go. It was stoney who brought up the suggestion that Gannon may have been given a deadline. Which I'm guessing may have expired some time this morning.

You then asked a stupid question and I gave a stupid answer. Like 'Flow, I shouldn't have bothered.

And I've no problem with you being on here for a few hours, just stop talking pish.

There you go. It was stoney who brought up the suggestion that Gannon may have been given a deadline. Which I'm guessing may have expired some time this morning.

You then asked a stupid question and I gave a stupid answer. Like 'Flow, I shouldn't have bothered.

And I've no problem with you being on here for a few hours, just stop talking pish.

My apologies. In my defence you write as one. Your still a short sighted fud though.

Im actually quite pleased that Flow doesnt bother with me. I havent bothered wi him for years. All Fur coat and no knickers.

As for your assertion that Gannons deadline passed today, which you admit is a guess, well if thats the case then why dont the club just come out and say that?

My apologies. In my defence you write as one. Your still a short sighted fud though.

Im actually quite pleased that Flow doesnt bother with me. I havent bothered wi him for years. All Fur coat and no knickers.

As for your assertion that Gannons deadline passed today, which you admit is a guess, well if thats the case then why dont the club just come out and say that?

i bet youll be glad when your back at school

Flogging dead horses gentlemen...we will never know the full reasons behind this unless Gannon comes out in the next few days with his version. I don't know if he is a vindictive person but if he is he will absolutely slaughter the Scottish game and quite rightly too. Think the Motherwell post is starting to look like a poisoned chalice

Not sure if such info has already been posted, if it has then my apologies.

It's been no secret that his family still live down here & so he's constantly had to travel a long way to do his job, partly why Jim didn't want to commit himself to a longer contract.

Part of the reason he's not been happy is interference. I think the last straw was apparently Boyle wanted to sign Ruddy for half a million - to which Gannon pointed out that if there's that much to spend, he'd rather it went elsewhere. It was extra surprising after money wasn't released for other (much cheaper) attempts to sign non-league players.

To be honest I think this is best for both parties. It's not fair on Motherwell to have a man in charge who can't/won't commit himself, and you can't get the best out of Jim Gannon if someone else is pulling the strings (I remember posting on here when you first got him that if you gave him three years to do what he wants then you're guaranteed a very good side, doesn't look like that would ever have happened)

He was at EP today, but there's absolutely no chance of him returning to County, not with the people who sacked him still (somehow) in charge. Left to go watch Crewe after that.

:ph34r:

Not sure if such info has already been posted, if it has then my apologies.

It's been no secret that his family still live down here & so he's constantly had to travel a long way to do his job, partly why Jim didn't want to commit himself to a longer contract.

Part of the reason he's not been happy is interference. I think the last straw was apparently Boyle wanted to sign Ruddy for half a million - to which Gannon pointed out that if there's that much to spend, he'd rather it went elsewhere. It was extra surprising after money wasn't released for other (much cheaper) attempts to sign non-league players.

To be honest I think this is best for both parties. It's not fair on Motherwell to have a man in charge who can't/won't commit himself, and you can't get the best out of Jim Gannon if someone else is pulling the strings (I remember posting on here when you first got him that if you gave him three years to do what he wants then you're guaranteed a very good side, doesn't look like that would ever have happened)

He was at EP today, but there's absolutely no chance of him returning to County, not with the people who sacked him still (somehow) in charge. Left to go watch Crewe after that.

hmmm interesting read on the situation and one I reflected on earlier...half a million eh...wonder if the new man will see any of that or is JB only in it for a quick return and willing to part with the cash...speculate to accumulate..JB has done worse things than that before so not all shite methinks..

Seriously? If Gannon expects to run a football club for 3 years with no-one else having a say I suggest he look at his local boys team - although I'm not sure the teenagers would put up with his obvious huffing and mood swings.

He has shown himself in a really bad light over the last six weeks or so. If he has talent as a coach he is going to have to learn some basic diplomacy skills to make a good manager anywhere.

I'm not happy with Gannon's sacking. We've missed a trick here as he will go on to prove to be a top manager in my opinion. There's more to this than meets the eye and I fully expect to hear Gannon's side of the story in the not too distant future.

Im really looking forward to that. I bet there is a few at the club who hope he wont.

well then, bang goes the arguments for him staying or going :P

Slightly taken aback by this news, but not surprised. Nothing surprises me with football anymore.

Hell of a time to look for replacement, especially with Are Shite doing the same thing. Looks like we could be going into a very crucial 2-week period with no-one at the helm. :doh: