Gannon Sacked! Motherwell Part Company with Manager

steelman1991

I think this will probably mean our loanees will also be gone, unless the deals have been done already.

I think that all depends on whether Gannon had actually lost the dressing room or not. If he had, then the players (including those on loan) might be grateful that John Boyle has gotten shop of him and might then be happy to stay.

Obviously it would depend on whether or not a new gaffer (whoever he is, and whenever he arrives) wants to keep them - but I think most of the names mentioned would know that Lucas & Ruddy are big players for us.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that all depends on whether Gannon had actually lost the dressing room or not. If he had, then the players (including those on loan) might be grateful that John Boyle has gotten shop of him and might then be happy to stay.

Obviously it would depend on whether or not a new gaffer (whoever he is, and whenever he arrives) wants to keep them - but I think most of the names mentioned would know that Lucas & Ruddy are big players for us.

Was the Everton link because Moyes and Gannon get on or just the proximity of Stockport previously. Surely Everton and the 2 players will care more about their player development than the JG link. If we appoint a new manager quickly and they/Moyes see that Motherwell is not going to be a complete mess then it may suit both to stay. fingers :thumbup:

Definitely. Losing Ruddy and Jutkiewicz just now would be a huge blow for me, unless we got to play Flamaturi at home every week. This does seem like the right decision, but it is a huge risk given what time the decision was made. Interesting times lie ahead. Also, he has left us, similarly to McGhee with a lot of players contracts almost up. I count Moutouakil, Craigan, Coke, Jennings, Juktkiewicz, Smith, Lasley, Fitzpatrick, O'Brien, McGarry, Ruddy and Slane all up soon, I know not all are first picks but take that lot out our squad it does look quite threadbare.

Never been a fan of bringing in ex-players as managers. Heart ruling head and usually goes wrong very badly. That is not what we need right now.

We need an old head who can steady the 'Ark and get it back on a steady keel ( feeling seasick just now. :thumbup: )

So bin all yer ex-players, lets hope JB thinks the same way...!!

I know he gets mentioned every time, but seriously... why should Luc Nijholt get the job? What has he done to prove he'd be a remotely decent manager?

No thanks. Someone proven, with a knowledge of Scottish football and with experience for me - Burley or Calderwood please.

Definitely. Losing Ruddy and Jutkiewicz just now would be a huge blow for me, unless we got to play Flamaturi at home every week. This does seem like the right decision, but it is a huge risk given what time the decision was made. Interesting times lie ahead. Also, he has left us, similarly to McGhee with a lot of players contracts almost up. I count Moutouakil, Craigan, Coke, Jennings, Juktkiewicz, Smith, Lasley, Fitzpatrick, O'Brien, McGarry, Ruddy and Slane all up soon, I know not all are first picks but take that lot out our squad it does look quite threadbare.

As my dad would say, `like a student's fridge`.

By all accounts this has been coming for weeks - so I am quite sure Boyle has a plan B in place ;)

I wanted Gannon as Manager before he was appointed, but regardless of the good or bad things he has done over the past 6 months - if you neither have the heart nor the stomach to manage Motherwell FC and are actively being interviewed for other jobs - then good riddance.

I am quite sure Boyle expected Gannon to get around to signing a contract in due course and certainly it looked as if we were going in the right direction. But I am also quite sure that there is no-one else to blame but Gannon for all this coming about. As some have surmised maybe he was being a pain as he was seeking an exit.

Shame it has come to this - although given his reputation it was perhaps always going to be a gamble.

Never boring being a Well fan - let us hope we get a decent Manager in as replacement - one who is not monotone and shows emotion (that rules out a return for Malpas) and one that has GOOD man management skills!!

By all accounts this has been coming for weeks - so I am quite sure Boyle has a plan B in place ;)

I wanted Gannon as Manager before he was appointed, but regardless of the good or bad things he has done over the past 6 months - if you neither have the heart nor the stomach to manage Motherwell FC and are actively being interviewed for other jobs - then good riddance.

I am quite sure Boyle expected Gannon to get around to signing a contract in due course and certainly it looked as if we were going in the right direction. But I am also quite sure that there is no-one else to blame but Gannon for all this coming about. As some have surmised maybe he was being a pain as he was seeking an exit.

Shame it has come to this - although given his reputation it was perhaps always going to be a gamble.

Never boring being a Well fan - let us hope we get a decent Manager in as replacement - one who is not monotone and shows emotion (that rules out a return for Malpas) and one that has GOOD man management skills!!

Hammer. Head. Nail. Hit. In no particular order.

Never seen this one coming to be honest, and I suspect there a LOT more to this than we will ever be told. He did rub folk up the wrong way in his six months here but it shouldn't be forgotten that he did many good things too.

I now hope we bring in a good long-term appointment and that Gannon's departure doesn't screw us over for the January transfer window, especially with the loanees.

Good luck Jim.

Sounds like this has been coming, therefore I would expect that John Boyle has been sounding folk out and a new appointment will not be that far away.

Shockafuckinroonie!!!!!

Never saw this one coming, and thought, and hoped that JG was the man with the long term plan that would, in the next 2 to 3 years, turn us into a formidable team doing well and playing good football.

But obviously we don't have the inside track on what exactly has been happening within the walls of Fir Park, and how JG has actually been as an employee and manager.

Even at the trust event I thought that he would be here for the long term the way that he was talking.

Just shows you that you never know what the hell is coming next in football and especially at Motherwell.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, players, managers come and go but the club is much more than just them.

C'mon the 'Well