Gannon Sacked! Motherwell Part Company with Manager

steelman1991

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to flows topic its quoted as saying he refused ON A NUMBER OF OCCASSIONS to sign a contract. No timetable quoted but it seems to have been quite reasonable request by the board to have him commit himself to the Well and appears to have been given ample opportunity to do so.

Although, him starting without signing a contract still eats at me and seems quite unprofessional by the Well board, but then again I don't know the facts behind the deal.

I've not changed my tune, I think sacking Gannon is a ridiculous decision, terrible timing and if there were other reasons behind the manager's dismissal, then we should be told. Giving someone the bullet for not having a contract when you've allowed them to work without a contract for months, well I hope Boyle realises how stupid that sounds.

Gannon seemed like he knew his own mind, if Boyle just wants a puppet then maybe he'll bear that in mind with the next appointment he makes.

I totally agree with you Wellgirl. I just didn't have the opportunity to write it!!!

There's three sides to every story, and at the moment, opinions are being based on only one side.

Glad that he has been sacked by all accounts he was an arrogant c**t and certainly came across in the media that way. He won't be missed in Scotland. We've been pish for the last 3 months so things had to change.

Looking forward to Tynecastle on Wednesday night now i reckon we will win. Mon the Well!!!!!!!!

not evedence as such mate but surely giving his not signing a contract as a reason to sack him implies to me that we did try tpo get him to sign longer term and not apply for other posts as was rumoured

Which would suggest that it was not a condition of his employment. Thats just bad management from Boyle.

You commited a murder!!

No I didnt!!

Prove it!!

LOL

None of us has any evidence to back up anything, that's my point ya tool.

You've been on here spouting your armaggedon pish for hours now with no evidence to back anything up.

We don't know there wasn't a deadline and we don't kno if there was a deadline.

The only piece of evidence that there would have been a deadline would be the press conference about 2 1/2 hours ago.

Someone merely suggested that Boyle may have been working to a deadline on the matter and you're looking for proof of it so you can continue berating Boyle and whoever else for the situation.

EDIT: Infact ignore all that. Yes, I have evidence that a deadline had been set. That OK?

I've not changed my tune, I think sacking Gannon is a ridiculous decision, terrible timing and if there were other reasons behind the manager's dismissal, then we should be told. Giving someone the bullet for not having a contract when you've allowed them to work without a contract for months, well I hope Boyle realises how stupid that sounds.

Gannon seemed like he knew his own mind, if Boyle just wants a puppet then maybe he'll bear that in mind with the next appointment he makes.

;) but you are being told, read it again he wasn't 'let go' purely because of the lack of a contract there were also other reasons

"Over the past couple of months it has become abundantly clear that the manager was not fully committed to the Club and, despite our best efforts, he repeatedly refused to sign a contract. Relations between the manager, staff and directors deteriorated to the extent that the situation became untenable. "

The club can't exactly publicly run off a list of the exact nature of these relations, but can folk please stop claiming he was only let go because of not signing a contract

None of us has any evidence to back up anything, that's my point ya tool.

You've been on here spouting your armaggedon pish for hours now with no evidence to back anything up.

We don't know there wasn't a deadline and we don't kno if there was a deadline.

The only piece of evidence that there would have been a deadline would be the press conference about 2 1/2 hours ago.

Someone merely suggested that Boyle may have been working to a deadline on the matter and you're looking for proof of it so you can continue berating Boyle and whoever else for the situation.

And you have been trying to maintain some sense that there is a plan behind this. Which is quite frankly utter pish as you have no evidence to back anything up you stupid fud. Your the one who suggested that Boyle had implemented a deadline. i merely asked where you had got this because it would have changed my outlook on the way Boyle has handled it.

Boyle is a fuckin idiot.

And the only reason ive been on here for hours is because its freezing and the telly is pish.

Sorry to have been proved right - perhaps for wrong reason - but as I posted on Saturday evening, I did think that he'd gone too far in his post-match interview when he publicly stated that it didn't matter what he did the players were basically no good.

IMO JB is not entirely blameless in this affair.

And you have been trying to maintain some sense that there is a plan behind this. Which is quite frankly utter pish as you have no evidence to back anything up you stupid fud. Your the one who suggested that Boyle had implemented a deadline. i merely asked where you had got this because it would have changed my outlook on the way Boyle has handled it.

Boyle is a fuckin idiot.

It should be 'you're' or 'you are'

Ban him :P

awaits the incoming barage :ph34r:

:ph34r: but you are being told, read it again he wasn't 'let go' purely because of the lack of a contract there were also other reasons

The club can't exactly publicly run off a list of the exact nature of these relations, but can folk please stop claiming he was only let go because of not signing a contract

The rest of the clubs statement on that is just what you would expect, flannel. Covers all bases without saying very much at all. On the one had you repeatedly ask someone to sign a contract, I'm presuming over the duration of his tenure as Motherwell manager, not in a very short space of time, on the other hand relationships are deteriorating?

Well they must have deteriorated pretty quickly because why would you want to keep someone on long term who didn't get on with the players and directors?