Falkirk Game

happyslappy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That argument is pish! Why people spout it I do not know. Is it too much to ask for a bit of passion and a will to win. We showed none of that today and to pretend otherwise is absolute folly.

Psycho1991, see if you take a deep breath and read my previous posts, you'll see that I've commented on the lack of passion and for whatever reason being unable to rise to the fight, so wind yer neck in. Motherwell have no divine right to beat anyone at home and that was why I said the above regarding Real Madrid. I'm as pissed off as anyone about today's result but we don't have the talent to expect to win against any team at Fir Park.

we don't have the talent to expect to win against any team at Fir Park.

Not strictly true, we can expect to win some games at home and have done recently against St Mirren, Hibs, Kille, Accies, Hearts.

Tbh I wasn't confident today after last weeks result but did expect a point.

All we can do now is keep fighting for 4th or 5th place and hopefully a place in Europe.

<_<

That was terrible to watch, a great advert for all thats wrong with the SPL

only a handful would even get pass marks, Michael Fraser gets MOTM easily

Falkirk deserved their win, basically because we deserved fek all

too many on the pitch only looking after themselves instead of the couple that seem to want to be successful as a team, cant even use the disgraceful pitch as a reason for the complete failure of a team that looked reasonably together a few weeks ago

The only positive from today was Fraser getting a run out.

but for all that was wrong, its no half as bad as some of the muppets thats 'support' our team

the FPC mong that was roasting Murphy for being a first devision reject being the banger of the season for me

too many on the pitch only looking after themselves instead of the couple that seem to want to be successful as a team, cant even use the disgraceful pitch as a reason for the complete failure of a team that looked reasonably together a few weeks ago

but for all that was wrong, its no half as bad as some of the muppets thats 'support' our team

I'd agree with that completely.

Only highlight of the match for me was Coke falling on his arse over the advertising hoardings!

the FPC mong that was roasting Murphy for being a first devision reject being the banger of the season for me

Agree with all that.

Also nice tits! <_<

Pretty inept performance today and Falkirk thoroughly deserved their win. They played some decent stuff, especially in the first half and Scobbie, Barr and Arfield were outstanding. To be honest, I am surprised they are struggling as much in the league as they are not the worst team to have played us this season. I wish Pa Broon would stop deploying this crazy system of dropping Sutton back into left midfield when we're defending. I can see the point of this if we are under the cosh and defending a lead however when we're 1-0 down at home, it makes no sense whatsoever. Generally speaking the ball was getting humped out of defence and Murphy had no chance against Barr/Scobbie so needless to say we'd lose possession again. I also wish we'd try to give the ball to O'Brien more often as he is our spark and most creative player. Still, it'll be all the more sweeter now when we go to the piggery and hump Smeltic!

Disappointed with the loss and a poor performance, but not getting too worked up considering the run we have been on recently.

The atmosphere today would have made you think Falkirk were about to climb above us and put us bottom of the league. Really no need to the reaction as far as I can tell. There have been plently of games this season were both teams have been just as shite as today but we managed to get the breaks and the 3 points. Hamilton, St Mirren and the other Falkirk home game to name a few. Falkirk harried us and got the breaks today, simple as.

We sat down the Cooper end of the East today, because we took my wee sister, and I've never heard so much pish spouted in all my life. The place is full of fucking mutants. King of whom seems to be some c**t who thinks it's hilarious to shout 'shoot' everytime Craigan or Ruddy/Fraser had the ball. That might be slightly amusing first time round but about 10 times during the game is taking it a bit far.

Then when we were trying to keep the ball on the deck, string a few passes together and work our way into the game he was wanting the ball 'punted up the park'. Unsurprisingly when we went long he was moaning to 'keep it on the ground'. He wasn't the only one coming out with that same shite though.

Make your fucking mind up cuntos.

The guy sitting behind me made the comment just at the start of the second half that 'Ruddy better be injured, otherwise that's a waste of a substitution by Brown'.

Players never turned up in the first 45 mins at all. It actually looked like they thought they were going to win at a canter. Then reality kicked in. Th epitch was a disgrace and the amount of bobbles from the ball and players tripping up/slipping was a shambles. It affected the quality of the game greatly, but didn't contribute to our defeat. Falkirk were better and should have scored at the end. If we had scored in injury time (chance would be a fine thing......31/12/2005 is the last time I recall that happening in a competitive match) then it would have been a bit harsh on Falkirk. Forbes is slow and looks as if he is suffering from a lack of confidence, O'Brien tries to be too cute on too many occasions (although at least he shows he cares enough to get upset by getting beat) and as far as I can see Humphrey can run fast in a straight line. That lad has a lot to work on. I think he would be better off learning the role of right back than right wing.

Don't get the Fraser as Motherwell MOTM chat. One cracking save, one out of the box clearance, and a fluffed kick out, just doesn't do it for me.

O'Brien tries to be too cute on too many occasions (although at least he shows he cares enough to get upset by getting beat)

For me, O'Brien should learn to shut the fuck up and concentrate on contributing something. He's forever running into trouble, then moaning like fuck at the ref, or just moaning at a team-mate for mot passing the ball to him.

Why is Forbes suffering from a lack of confidence FFS. He is suffering from a lack of ability.

That was as poor as we have played all year. Paw Broon has done a miraculous job thus far, but it is in danger of being undone asap. It is not unrealistic to expect at leats a draw against the bottom team at home at worst.

We wer abysmal today and I can only believe the week off has done more harm than good. the pitch is appalling and did not help either side. we are on the points we are on now - coz we will get feck all against Celtic at Prkhead. we can only hope that Killie do us a favour, cos at the moment we look like we will blow 5th place.

Any wonder we get piss poor crowds when we turn in performances like that. I won £90 cos I thought we might get done and Corals were offering a free £20 bet. I would rather have the 3 points, but we did not come close to desrving anything.

Now is the time for paw Broon and A Knox to kick some ass. Feckin Dire :lol:

For me, O'Brien should learn to shut the fuck up and concentrate on contributing something. He's forever running into trouble, then moaning like fuck at the ref, or just moaning at a team-mate for mot passing the ball to him.

I quite like the 'in the face' of opposition players route he takes at times. Moaning at players? Anybody with confidence in their ability should do that. He wants the ball 'cause he thinks he can do something with it. Sometimes he does. Too many times he tries to pass the ball with a fancy flick, a backheel, or a wee cheeky pass between defenders and it gets caught out far too much. He has great pace, can beat men no problems, and has won us a few penalties and freekicks in dangerous positions thanks to his speed/skill. He is not Ronaldo though and he doesn't play on a bowling green surface so he should keep it a bit more simple at times.

In saying that his refusal to respond to the ref's whistle today was cringeworthy. No wonder Crags was raging.

Poor game in general. If I'm being honest neither team deserved any points for serving that dross up! In fairness to Falkirk they're fighting for their lives and worked their socks off. They were hungrier and more determined than us, and that is a sad fact from today. Fourth place is still up for grabs, we can't afford to wind down towards the summer.

We lacked urgency, composure, touch on the ball and a will to win that Falkirk showed when it mattered. True we didn't get a lot of breaks, and the injuries to Ruddy and Lasley were cruel blows, but we rarely looked dangerous against the worst team in the SPL, and that is shocking.

Brown and Knox have much work to do ahead of the trip to Shellic a week on Tuesday. If we are to lose that game, I want to see us go down fighting and not as meekly as today.

Fingers out Motherwell.

Really disappointed with the lack of will to win today. It was bizarre, all the good stuff we've been raving about evaporated after 16 minutes or so at Tannadice last week, and it's been absent ever since. You just wanted a spark today to get things started, just never happened. We've now got six games left to try and get fourth, as third is now out of the question I'd say. Long as Hibs lose tomorrow, it's between us and them.

Really disappointed with the lack of will to win today. It was bizarre, all the good stuff we've been raving about evaporated after 16 minutes or so at Tannadice last week, and it's been absent ever since. You just wanted a spark today to get things started, just never happened. We've now got six games left to try and get fourth, as third is now out of the question I'd say. Long as Hibs lose tomorrow, it's between us and them.

Worryingly though we have six games left and half of those are against the OF with two of them likely to be away. Six points from now to the end with wins against Hearts and Hibs wouldn't be the worst. We at least need to make sure neither of those two beat us. We need to hope that Killie get at least a draw against Hearts next week. If Hearts win we go into the split with us just 4 points ahead. A draw and we are six ahead. Six points at that stage and I'd fancy us to finish 5th. Fourth could be hard as I would expect Hibs to have us and Hearts at Easter Road.

Guest 'Flow

Folks,

Sorry for the lack of proper updates on any of the Official communication channels today. I am pretty much own my own, with the exception of Graham, and feel like death warmed up, so I am struggling by. Will update everything, including Craig and Stevie Hammell's reaction, ASAP!

Apologies for the lateness of it all! Normal service (with hopefully something new to throw into the mix) will be resumed at Celtic Park in ten days time.

Horrible day all round...

'Flow

Folks,

Sorry for the lack of proper updates on any of the Official communication channels today. I am pretty much own my own, with the exception of Graham, and feel like death warmed up, so I am struggling by. Will update everything, including Craig and Stevie Hammell's reaction, ASAP!

Apologies for the lateness of it all! Normal service (with hopefully something new to throw into the mix) will be resumed at Celtic Park in ten days time.

Horrible day all round...

'Flow

81122b02.jpg

get your boyfriend tae rub vicks on yer chest mate :lol:

Well, I didnt see that one coming.

As mentioned I thought it was a fairly even game however we did seem to want it more. Which I can understand given the positions.

Any pics of our end? We had our flag with us today.

Edited to add: Hope that wasnt our last trip to Fir Park for the foreseable future. Always enjoy the craic and JDs before the game, although there was a complete nutter in their today screaming all things Man U.

Poor all round although, we did create some chances and probably should have scored a few.

Disappointing about the lack of fight throughout the team and some slack defending, from what I hear Ruddy was left badly exposed for the goal which forced him to rush out like an eejit- was clear he was carrying some sort of injury with Hammell taking the goal kicks and I have to say, I thought Michael Fraser played well when he came on, made some good stops, even if his kick which went flying out behind him was iffy (as an aside, is there some previous with him and Falkirk, heard them abusing him?)

Falkirk, based on their showing today I think, will scrap and kick their way to try and survive but I don't think they can, they didn't really show any signs of scoring other than our mistake at the back and near the end on the counter- Showaddywaddy is a dirty dirty player, although I was impressed with Darren Barr who is obviously still 100% committed despite being offski at the end of the season.

Well, I didnt see that one coming.

As mentioned I thought it was a fairly even game however we did seem to want it more. Which I can understand given the positions.

Any pics of our end? We had our flag with us today.

Edited to add: Hope that wasnt our last trip to Fir Park for the foreseable future. Always enjoy the craic and JDs before the game, although there was a complete nutter in their today screaming all things Man U.

Good win for Falkirk mate , all the best for the rest of the season.

I'm sorry if folk don't agree with this.

If we as a team can't beat Falkirk at home we shouldn't be looking at Europe.

Shug

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. One bad result doesn't mean you are a bad team. What about Rangers, should they not be looking at the title after being gubbed by St. Johnstone.

Thought by all accounts that was poor today, but we can't expect everything every week. We just lacked the same hunger and fight we've seen. I think we could do with a bit of freshening up, I think we could do with two wide players in the wide positions, and I think Murphy is about due a rest. But today would have been a drab 0-0 affair if our marking was slightly better.