Europa

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how come i can't find the post saying what teams we might get, did it turn out to be nonsense?

looking at it there are 15 ties we could get that are an either/or scenario and we'd have to wait a few weeks to book up and 25 ties that would be a definite team and it could get booked from monday. obviously it'd be cheaper to get the flights earlier so i'm hoping we end up with one of the 25.

right a few random europa questions.

1) do we still hold the record europa win?

2) did jamie murphy score the first ever europa hattrick?

3) are any of the players suspended for the first leg of this seasons campaign?

right a few random europa questions.

1) do we still hold the record europa win?

2) did jamie murphy score the first ever europa hattrick?

3) are any of the players suspended for the first leg of this seasons campaign?

1) in a single match, yes.

2) no, Dvali of Zestaponi got one in the first round second leg.

3) Ross Forbes was only player to get two yellows. Is it two or three for suspension?

I've already mentioned earlier in this thread they draw out the seeds and alternate them home/away. So the first seed out plays their first leg at home the seed in the next tie plays their first game away, so you don't know until after the draw.

ffs people we get who we get just sit back & enjoy the fact we are in the draw instead of getting your knickers in a twist. Look at all the furore about who we were gonna get first league game & don't think anyone predicted Hibs at home. I realise people are trying to get holidays sorted but it doesn't change the fact that until the draw happens no one knows shit.

ffs people we get who we get just sit back & enjoy the fact we are in the draw instead of getting your knickers in a twist. Look at all the furore about who we were gonna get first league game & don't think anyone predicted Hibs at home. I realise people are trying to get holidays sorted but it doesn't change the fact that until the draw happens no one knows shit.

No shit!

No shit!

So why are people on here asking if we are home or away first & who are we most likely to get etc? My point is they are asking questions that no one can answer til the draw is made. So again no one knows shit except wether their last one was a hedgehog or not.

So why are people on here asking if we are home or away first & who are we most likely to get etc? My point is they are asking questions that no one can answer til the draw is made. So again no one knows shit except wether their last one was a hedgehog or not.

Mine was a dribbler, felt like it came oot sideways too.

The joys of 1200mg of brufen a day

To be fair Ian though even if you've no intention of travelling to the games then any information you can glean prior to the draw is useful and there are snippets that can help determine who we are going to get. I think its a given that folk are or have been enjoying the fact we've qualified. But its only natural that as draw becomes imminent those that are hoping to travel want to do as much homework as they can and can potentially get a bit agitated trying to get the necessary info.

Remember that these games take place at the peak holiday periods in Scotland so the earlier you know what the script is the earlier you can decide if and when to put in for holidays, wait for the next round (fingers crossed) or whatever. Mind too that as soon as a location is known the chances are that Rynair, Easyjet and the likes will double the prices of flights if its in the vicinity of their routes.

Fact is that there has been pots issued by UEFA prior to previous draws on the day or days leading up to the draws and whilst there we won't know if its home and away going by last years draw was a definite pattern that UEFA followed when conducting the draws.

Think you are possibly being a bit harsh on folk only trying to clarify things and gen. up where they can.

God forbid anyone actually asks a question on this board but some smart arse wants to have a go.

It was a reasonable question based on previous draws and If I had known the answer I wouldn't have asked the question.

This board has fairly went down hill recently.

What are you mumbling about? There's hardly a 'furore'. People are just curious and excited about being in the draw. Stop being a dick and let people ask the questions they want to ask.

I'm sure on the day of the draw last year it was down to one of five teams we could get.

A similair trip to Llanelli would be a treat as far as I'm concerned - cannae afford much more than that.

It will be the same again this year, this is from the UEFA website:

Draw procedure

For the first qualifying round equal numbers of seeded and unseeded teams have been allocated to five groups in accordance with rankings established at the beginning of the season – four of ten teams and one of 12. For each group, balls containing seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and unseeded teams in another. A ball from each will be placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, and the first team drawn will play its first match at home. Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

The 80 teams involved in the second qualifying round are divided into eight groups of ten, each containing five seeded and five unseeded teams. The draw follows the same procedure as the first qualifying round.