Europa

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So IF we got through round 2 would we be seeded again? I'm guessing naw? Or do they split the teams up again so we could or couldny. Can't remember from last year.

We might be seeded for round 3 but the variables are still far too complicated for me to bother to work it out. Still depends on stuff like who wins the Copa Del Rey in Spain, who wins in rounds 1 and 2, the finish to the Georgian league etc.

Bert Kassies' site has all the teams through at the moment, with their co-efficient. Of course, it's all a load of nonsense. Just put them all in the draw and let fate/corruption take its course. Only restriction should be that can't face a team from your own country until the QFs or some such. Imagine we got Hibs/United. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Right Guys.

Now that all the qualifiers are known we are 17th seed in round 2 . The standard way Uefa make the draw would mean we would be in pot 1 with:

seeded- Olympiakos Gre, Randers Den, MOTHERWELL, Gefle Swe, Dinamo Minsk Bls

unseeded- Skonta Riga Latvia*, KR Reykjavik Iceland*, Iskra-Stal Ribnita Moldova, Mogren Budva Montenegro*, Tre Penne San Marino

*if qualifies from round 1

This is by no means certain and usually involves a minor amount of swapping around in order for teams from the same country to avoid drawing each other . This is made more complicated as the second round is drawn just after round 1 and the 'either ors' must avoid the possibility of drawing each other.

So this may be hugely inaccurate and should not be regarded as gospel :rolleyes:^_^

I thought that too. A wee jaunt to San Marino wouldn't be bad.

Had quick look on Wiki and I see they've got Davide Gualtieri playing for them. Remember him? The boy that scored against England at Wembley after 7 seconds. He's 39 now right enough but I want his autograph. :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean it could be ANY of the unseeded teams?

In the draws for the qualifying rounds and the play-off round, the teams are divided evenly into one seeded and one unseeded pot. The highest-ranked teams are put into the seeded pot and the lowest-ranked teams are put into the unseeded pot. A seeded team will be drawn against an unseeded team, with the order of legs in each tie also being decided randomly. Due to the limited time between matches, the draws for the second and third qualifying rounds take place before the results of the previous round are known. The seeding in each draw is carried out under the assumption that all of the highest-ranked clubs of the previous round are victorious. If a lower-ranked club is victorious, it simply takes the place of its defeated opponent in the next round. Prior to these draws, UEFA may form "groups" in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee, but they are purely for convenience of the draw and do not resemble any real groupings in the sense of the competition.