Europa

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We played Llanelli in the First Round, Albanian Club in the Second and a Romanian in the Third. There is no geographic seeding (like there was in the Inter-Toto) as if I'm not mistaken we were put in a pot with not just Llanelli but some Azerbaijan mob too in the draw.

Each draw has 5seeded clubs and 5 non-seeded clubs - with each country being safe from having clubs from the same nation playing each other.

Over the moon. Unless I'm mistaken the diary should now shape up like this;

21st Jun; Draw to see which two teams will get the priviledge of playing us in Round 2.

1st July; 1st Qualifying Round 1st Leg.

8th July; 1st Qualifying Round 2nd Leg.

15th July; 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg.

16th July; Draw for 3rd Qualifying Round (Hopefully be in a position to see who we will face in next round).

22nd July; 2nd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg.

29th July; 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg. (Hibs enter competition)

5th August; 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd leg.

This realistically should be our European calendar for 2010/2011. Who knows we could even get to the Play Off Round. Might need to sacrifice an away fixture in the 2nd Round if it is the back of beyond and it costs a fortune to get there, in the hope we get to the 3rd Round).

Anyone got an up to date list of teams we could face?

aye we are seeded for the 2nd round qualifiers which means we'll miss the most difficult teams, but could still end up travelling to the far flung parts of europe!

I'm going to be most disappointed though if/when it's confirmed that we have to play our euro games at the Shyteberry again :wacko:

This Dutch guy Bert is on the ball:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2010.html

He's already updated after the Cup Final result.

SD

Bangor City and Liverpool and I would be OVER THE MOON. Nobody is that lucky though.

Some of the locations we might need to go to in the second round could see a smaller travelling crowd than was at Albania.

Potentially, Liverpool, Stuttgart, Juventus, Sporting Lisbon, and Gothernburg, look good already for 3rd Round.

Bangor City and Liverpool and I would be OVER THE MOON. Nobody is that lucky though.

Some of the locations we might need to go to in the second round could see a smaller travelling crowd than was at Albania.

Potentially, Liverpool, Stuttgart, Juventus, Sporting Lisbon, and Gothernburg, look good already for 3rd Round.

albo was nice :lol:

lets have some :wacko: