Europa

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be wrong but I don't think there are pots this season which is a change from previous draws. This time it is down to seeds v non seeds. Bangor would mean a nice wee return to Wales which would result in a good travelling support as easy to get to and back from North Wales in a day if need be.

Yep your wrong mate.

taken from the UEFA website.

Draw procedure

For the first qualifying round equal numbers of seeded and unseeded teams have been allocated to five groups in accordance with rankings established at the beginning of the season – four of ten teams and one of 12. For each group, balls containing seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and unseeded teams in another. A ball from each will be placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, and the first team drawn will play its first match at home. Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

The 80 teams involved in the second qualifying round are divided into eight groups of ten, each

containing five seeded and five unseeded teams. The draw follows the same procedure as the first qualifying round.

In the Europa League qualifying rounds the teams will be no longer be divided into regional groups (as used previously in the UEFA Cup).

Surely depending on the outcome of the first round first leg match we might only have 7 days with a location confirmed.

there's 15 possible ties that would be a "team A or team B" and 25 possibles that would be a definite team.

i'm hoping we get one of the 25 so there's as much time as possible to sort it out.

there's 15 possible ties that would be a "team A or team B" and 25 possibles that would be a definite team.

i'm hoping we get one of the 25 so there's as much time as possible to sort it out.

Though if it is a team a or team b people wouldnt have to book their flights the minute the draw is announced before prices go up... so would have longer to think about travel plans etc. We would have some warning and wouldnt be forced into rushing our plans.

For those who arent ticket holders they might get information about ticket allocation, or at least a decent indication, before the fixture is decided and therefore would not waste money on a flight they arent going to use.

Did not know that. Good to know.

I know the draw is at 1230 but when do we find out what the eight groups of ten are? Would add to the suspense if we had it narrowed down to five possibilities a bit beforehand.

Despite what I said earlier we won't be able to find out until after the First Round Draw, which is 12.30pm. So about 1pm I would guess. Unless they do the Pool Draw as Club x, Y, Z, Match 1, Match 2 etc... as they already guess the seeded team from Round 1 Qualifies.

Though if it is a team a or team b people wouldnt have to book their flights the minute the draw is announced before prices go up... so would have longer to think about travel plans etc. We would have some warning and wouldnt be forced into rushing our plans.

For those who arent ticket holders they might get information about ticket allocation, or at least a decent indication, before the fixture is decided and therefore would not waste money on a flight they arent going to use.

maybe it will be the same as last year and the tickets will be gave out free :thumbup:

Despite what I said earlier we won't be able to find out until after the First Round Draw,.

Correct.

The 80 teams involved in the second qualifying round are divided into eight groups of ten, each containing five seeded and five unseeded teams. The draw follows the same procedure as the first qualifying round, with the groupings to be confirmed after the draw for the first qualifying round.

All the memories of last year and how the team made us so proud!!!!

This is what being a motherwell fan's all about the unexpected highs just being in the draw and getting to mix it with some of europes elite is enough for us.

I'd be delighted to get through just one round come on motherwell do us proud!!!!!

And a wee trip to ireland would be good mr drawmaster!!!!! never been but i would definately be going if we get it went to llanelli last year and will never forget it!!!

The first round pools have been created. I guess we'll only have to wait until after the initial draw, then when that is done - it will be about 30 minutes or so while they decide in their weird and wonderful way on what pool we'll be in.

The First Round pools can be found HERE

Perfect scenario for me would be a one team draw with the second leg being on July 22nd.......and the opposition being Welsh. Great chance to progress and saves pennies for the next round if we do.

Asking for a bit too much methinks.

It will no doubt be a two team draw with the opposition from kazakstan and armenia or something like that :O