Europa

ONeils40yarder

ffs people we get who we get just sit back & enjoy the fact we are in the draw instead of getting your knickers in a twist. Look at all the furore about who we were gonna get first league game & don't think anyone predicted Hibs at home. I realise people are trying to get holidays sorted but it doesn't change the fact that until the draw happens no one knows shit.

when we drew nancy i had the flights for every team in our pot with the home and away dates all in different windows on the pc so when the draw was made i had the flight booked immiediately and for 30 quid return.

so it clearly is useful.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Draw procedure

For the first qualifying round equal numbers of seeded and unseeded teams have been allocated to five groups in accordance with rankings established at the beginning of the season – four of ten teams and one of 12. For each group, balls containing seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and unseeded teams in another. A ball from each will be placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, and the first team drawn will play its first match at home. Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

The 80 teams involved in the second qualifying round are divided into eight groups of ten, each containing five seeded and five unseeded teams. The draw follows the same procedure as the first qualifying round.

When then do they put the teams we could get into the various pots. I assume it needs to be a reasonable time ahead of the actual draw???

when we drew nancy i had the flights for every team in our pot with the home and away dates all in different windows on the pc so when the draw was made i had the flight booked immiediately and for 30 quid return.

so it clearly is useful.

Great idea mate! A wee bit of planning saved you hundreds of pounds. Some good advice to those who would love to go but think it'll be outwith their budget

Might be wrong but I don't think there are pots this season which is a change from previous draws. This time it is down to seeds v non seeds. Bangor would mean a nice wee return to Wales which would result in a good travelling support as easy to get to and back from North Wales in a day if need be.

Fingers crossed for an Irish or Welsh team as it's the only way I'll make it.

So potentially Portadown, Dundalk, Glentoran, Llanelli, and Port Talbot are the options there.

Both Reykjavik teams, MYPA 47, Riga, and possibly a trip to Denmark/Sweden I could do.

Through the expected draw (all seeded teams make it through) we cannot play a Swedish or Danish side until the Third Round (Kalmar FF, IFK Göteborg and Gefle IF are all unseeded Swedish sides in 3rd round, while FC Nordsjælland is the only Danish side we're likely to meet in the Third Round if we get there).

We can also not meet Mypa-47 until the Third Round.