Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

If it is Ross County he's away to he's made a good move, my mates cousin plays for them and they do a real good job for the players from the central belt, fire them into really fancy houses on low rent owned by the chairman and pay them handsomely, a very good area etc too.

Ideal for Fizzy when he's just got a young child.

Yup they certainly do! I know someone who plays for them and he's on a very decent wage!

I was not a huge fan of Fitzy, but his goal against Hearts in the league cup semi was almost worth all the wages we paid him :D

Truth is if we wanted to keep him we could and would have offered more money. The deal on the table probably left him with little choice.

I really wish him well as long as he does not come back to haunt us.

That is 3 down and possibly 4-5 - which will free up a reasonable amount of weekly wage. I would go for quality over quantity and opt for 2 or 3 decent players if possible.

If you pay peanuts then you get monkeys.

2 management interviewee's gave us the bum steer, prompted by two old codgers upping sticks and travelling an extra 150 miles up the road despite saying MFC was their last job in football. Missing out on a player to the English conference. All sad, sad reading.

Granted there maybe other factor at play such as family, geographical ties, major difference in money, etc. but could we be any less attractive?

No worries about our latest departure but agree with the above. Don't get me wrong if the rumours about what County offered Marc are true (low rent accomodation, same money, longer contract) not many 'bottom 6' SPL clubs could offer the same.......but there is cause for concern on who we are actually competing with and losing to.

Conference teams in England mainly.

Our old pal Scott Burns states on Twitter a Championship manager was at Tannadice tonight watching a Motherwell player. States this will be in Express/Star tomorrow. Hope it is Reynolds. Hope it is not Jennings. Sutton and Murphy possibly longshots.

So it looks like there might be another couple of departures coming up - Reynolds likely and Casagolda hopefully.

Sutton and Jennings are real risks - as any sensible offer will need to be looked at and you're hoping that they can remain focused in the event of them signing a pre-contract elsewhere.

McCall must be under a wee bit of pressure. In the Herald this morning, I see in his post match comments - he's not getting a lot of calls back on the enquiries he's making.

Interesting times

Early days for McCall and signings but he isn't exactly sounding overly confident! Isn't making for good reading or sounding! Losing players to Conference, Scottish 1st division! Even skint Stockport are a better proposition!

Im glad he's coming out and saying, it's showing as us all how hard it is to sign anyone because noone in the league has money and the actual laughing stock of our league

Our old pal Scott Burns states on Twitter a Championship manager was at Tannadice tonight watching a Motherwell player. States this will be in Express/Star tomorrow. Hope it is Reynolds. Hope it is not Jennings. Sutton and Murphy possibly longshots.

Cardiff for Reynolds according to the Sun.

So,three players lost so far from an already wafer thin squad and Mccall complaining about the number of dead ends hes had in trying to get players in and also saying that premiership clubs want a loan fee to lend us a player,doesnt say much for his contacts,given we have had premiership players on loan in the last two seasons,and doubt we payed any loan fee for them.Where do we go from here, at this rate we would be lucky to get a player in from the juniors.Might be early days but it is getting slightly worrying.

omg not them again

have they not learned before?

Take it that will be another 'Well player away to Cardiff City for buttons assuming they get him this window. McCall certainly has his work cut out.

Regarding the midfielder Carl mentioned - I've just had a look at the Motherwell side and I can't see us interested in any who are playing for them.

But maybe Scott Robertson and Craig Conway from Dundee Utd ? Robertson is a central midfielder while Conway's a wide player. We need cover there definitely !

Possibly Gary Kenneth (centre-back, Dundee Utd) as well as Reynolds ?

Scott Robertson? pfffttt cardiff have went downhill lately haha

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on a football forum.

Kenneth is simply faultless as a defender!

Fantastic ball control, expert vision for a pass

pace to burn

You can see why barcelona have spent £50 million on him

...........The 2nd funniest thing you'll read in a forum

Dale Jennings

Not anything to do with our Ins & Outs, read this blog about Tranmere's Dale Jennings being the next big thing down South. Is he any relation to Steve? They do look a bit alike and have come through at the same club(Tranmere). Might just be putting 2+2 and making 5.

I seen the same thing!

they look like twins haha

one player im upset we didnt try to get is John Rooney

He was released by Macclesfield where he made a bit of a rep for himself of being a pacey striker like his brother.

But he's turned down Derby to join the MLS superdraft