Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Eremenco is on loan, and his parent club pay his wages.

But they will be paying a good bit of his wages, have continually knocked back Hearts in their pursuit of Bryson, were able to get a player on loan from Chelsea (although I'm not sure what they contributed there) and have just signed a new keeper when it wasn't that long ago Bell got a new deal. Plus they still have the very able Combe as back up. Pretty sure they also had to pay JJ a proportion of his remaining contract. Plus Kyle wouldn't have been cheap either. IIRC Killie budgeted for a 7th place finish in the last few years. When did they last achieve that? All against a debt of £9m when the club has achieved nothing, NOTHING, on the field since the League Cup Final in 2007. Doesn't add up to me.

Anyway, I badly digress. See ye Esteban. Not fussed in the slightest.

But they will be paying a good bit of his wages, have continually knocked back Hearts in their pursuit of Bryson, were able to get a player on loan from Chelsea (although I'm not sure what they contributed there) and have just signed a new keeper when it wasn't that long ago Bell got a new deal. Plus they still have the very able Combe as back up. Pretty sure they also had to pay JJ a proportion of his remaining contract. Plus Kyle wouldn't have been cheap either. IIRC Killie budgeted for a 7th place finish in the last few years. When did they last achieve that? All against a debt of £9m when the club has achieved nothing, NOTHING, on the field since the League Cup Final in 2007. Doesn't add up to me.

Anyway

I said this before and got roasted for it, i dont understand with the millions of debt killie have. The lack of money St Mirren and St Johnstone have as well they can afford to constantly buy players.

Killie have been rife with signings, St Mirren have bought a new player last week (To be fair he was released by hamilton) and St Johnstone in the summer brought a few players into the club.

Are we as a club financially worse off than these teams? that doesnt add up to me

St Johnstone shouldn't ever be lumped in with the like of Killie. They are a very, very well run club. The chairman gets the last penny and pound out of everything they do. He's well aware that football clubs are never going to make him money and because of this, only invests in players/staff that are worth it. Bearing in mind that they won't have much in the way of stadium overheads, and I imagine the stadium does a decent turn in functions.

St Mirren bought the cheapest of the cheap, 1st and 2nd division players. Bearing in mind that they ended up with a new stadium and a wedge in the bank from the Tesco deal, I'd say they're on a pretty solid financial footing as well.

Plus, both teams buy players that wouldn't get a game for Motherwell.

That would explain it certainly.....I'm just not sure where this money is coming from.

Money they don't have??

Just because they spend an extra 500k a year doesn't necessarily mean they have it or make it. Possibly Mr Boyle is much more cautious (and i'm sure he is) than other chairmen in the league.

If this is the case (that they spend an extra 500k per annum) and we continually finish above them, then that says a lot for our players, our management and our board

Plus, both teams buy players that wouldn't get a game for Motherwell.

Good point. Its all very well and good, St Johnstone and St Mirren going out and 'buying' players but how many of the players in either of their squads would get a game for us?

I'd much rather have a small squad of reasonable talent than a large squad full of shite.

Nick Blackman has put pen to paper on a two and a half year contract with Blackburn Rovers. The striker, who spent the first half of the season on loan to Motherwell, impressed his parent club with his performances in the SPL and has earned a new deal at Ewood Park.

The deal puts an end to speculation that Blackman could be sold in the January transfer window and will boost the hopes of Motherwell and Aberdeen, who both hope to take the player on loan.

Blackman scored 10 goals in 18 matches for the Steelmen before returning south and new Motherwell manager Stuart McCall has said he believed that, if the forward was allowed out on loan again, he would be heading for Fir Park.

Speaking before Blackman’s new contract was announced, McCall said: “I would be confident if he came back to Scotland it would be to Motherwell.

"I have spoken to Steve Kean and I've spoken to Nick's agent twice.”

However, all of Blackman’s goals for ‘Well were scored under the club’s previous manager Craig Brown, now in charge at Aberdeen. Brown has also said he would like to work with the 21-year old again and said he had made enquiries about taking him on loan at Pittodrie.

"I am close friends with Steve Kean and I spoke to him about the possibility of another loan deal for Nick," Brown said in an interview with the Press and Journal last week.

"The talks were positive. Steve has a few things to discuss with the player, but he told me we would be in the mix if it came to him going back out on loan. It is then up to Blackman, but I would like to think he enjoyed working with us at Motherwell."

Blackburn have not yet said if it is their intention to allow the player to go out on loan. But both SPL clubs will be pressing their case to offer him first team football and hoping to land one of the top performers in the Scottish top flight this season.

From what I've heard, Killie aren't paying a penny for Eremenko

Surely no'.

Their turnover is about £2m more than ours too...

Would love to know where this comes from as well as I was under the impresdion their hotel was part of their problem.

If you pay peanuts then you get monkeys.

2 management interviewee's gave us the bum steer, prompted by two old codgers upping sticks and travelling an extra 150 miles up the road despite saying MFC was their last job in football. Missing out on a player to the English conference. All sad, sad reading.

Granted there maybe other factor at play such as family, geographical ties, major difference in money, etc. but could we be any less attractive?

If it is Ross County he's away to he's made a good move, my mates cousin plays for them and they do a real good job for the players from the central belt, fire them into really fancy houses on low rent owned by the chairman and pay them handsomely, a very good area etc too.

Ideal for Fizzy when he's just got a young child.