Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Mccall speaking to stv says we lost out on a player who went on to join Fleetwood Town for £50k,looked it up striker George Donnelly joined Fleetwood from Plymouth for £50k,also says that he hopes to find out on wednesday wether Fitzpatrick is staying,seems the player is talking to another club.

Mccall speaking to stv says we lost out on a player who went on to join Fleetwood Town for £50k,looked it up striker George Donnelly joined Fleetwood from Plymouth for £50k,also says that he hopes to find out on wednesday wether Fitzpatrick is staying,seems the player is talking to another club.

Fleetwood Town. Where do they play?

Not surprised Fitzy is talking to another club. Still think it will benefit both parties if he moved on.

good to know most of the boys are tied down after the summer then. I take it Halsman,Lawless,Innes + Quinn are on loan to Annan,Albion + Linlithgow till the end of the season? In which case,I do hope Meechan can get a run of games to get his extension as I have heard good things about him.

Wee G, you think Dario is a better centre half then Hutch? Is Page a centre half or are we gonna see him more in the full back positions?

Yes Shaka i think Dario is better than Hutchy at Centre Half. He`s fearless, good in the air, really strong.

The 2 that are at Albion just signed till the end of the season, Halsman is at Annan till the end of the season and i think Dario is at Linlithgow till then also. I also hope Meechan gets an extention, he was unlucky at Albion due to an injury early on, then was played at right back for a game and then in the next suffered another injury. Meechan is a better midfielder than a few we have in the 1st team, so hopefully should see him get some game time before the end of the season.

Sad state of affairs but Fleetwood must have a wee bit of dough in relative terms. Think they signed Shaun Gregan from Oldham the other day.

Location probably a factor too. If you're moving (and possibly commuting for a while) from as far south as Plymouth, Lancashire probably seems a good bit closer than Lanarkshire.

Fleetwood Town. Where do they play?

Not surprised Fitzy is talking to another club. Still think it will benefit both parties if he moved on.

Riding high in what used to be the Conference, just one step off the Football league. Sitting 6th, just 4 defeats in 24 games and doing very well.

Mccall speaking to stv says we lost out on a player who went on to join Fleetwood Town for £50k,looked it up striker George Donnelly joined Fleetwood from Plymouth for £50k,also says that he hopes to find out on wednesday weather Fitzpatrick is staying,seems the player is talking to another club.

Probably nothing in it but stv tonight said Hamilton are looking to sign a couple of midfielders could one of them be Fitzy ?

Yes Shaka i think Dario is better than Hutchy at Centre Half. He`s fearless, good in the air, really strong.

The 2 that are at Albion just signed till the end of the season, Halsman is at Annan till the end of the season and i think Dario is at Linlithgow till then also. I also hope Meechan gets an extention, he was unlucky at Albion due to an injury early on, then was played at right back for a game and then in the next suffered another injury. Meechan is a better midfielder than a few we have in the 1st team, so hopefully should see him get some game time before the end of the season.

Couldnt comment on Dario myself as what ive seen of him is extremely limited but he is a big unit,would like to see him given a chance and see what he`s capable of

Shameful that a footballer would rather sign for a team like that than an established SPL team. Pretty much sums up our league.

They paid 50k for him, I suspect we were looking at a loan deal so I doubt he even has the choice. And whilst I would argue that SPL is notably better than conference and league 2 it not such a huge drop as would probably like to think.

Sad state of affairs but Fleetwood must have a wee bit of dough in relative terms. Think they signed Shaun Gregan from Oldham the other day.

Probably a blessing in disguise, he's a 36 year old defender, hardly what I think should be top of our list.

Shameful that a footballer would rather sign for a team like that than an established SPL team. Pretty much sums up our league.

There'll be other reasons why he would rather sign for Fleetwood than Motherwell I reckon.

I hardly think he looked at both clubs and thought "I'll fulfill my ambitions more at Fleetwood".

From the BBC gossip page :-

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall admits he cannot compete with English non-league sides in the transfer market. (Various)

Looks like that's about our level these days in the transfer market.