Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

My Newcastle supporting mate has told me that he has heard from contacts in Newcastle that we are trying to get reserve team striker Phil Airey on loan.

He got his first appearance in their defeat against Stevenage at the weekend, and has scored 8 goals in 5 games for the reserves.

Profile here...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/ReservePl...2117143,00.html

Personally I don't think we need another striker, give Sutton/Murphy/Casagolda and McHugh their chance.

Thoughts?

My Newcastle supporting mate has told me that he has heard from contacts in Newcastle that we are trying to get reserve team striker Phil Airey on loan.

He got his first appearance in their defeat against Stevenage at the weekend, and has scored 8 goals in 5 games for the reserves.

Profile here...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/ReservePl...2117143,00.html

Personally I don't think we need another striker, give Sutton/Murphy/Casagolda and McHugh their chance.

Thoughts?

My boss is a massive toon fan and thinks Airey would be amazing for Motherwell. Very highly thought of down there and he seems to think he has scored over 8 goals so far this season. Says he is also a very competent right back which could explain McCalls thinkin.

My boss is a massive toon fan and thinks Airey would be amazing for Motherwell. Very highly thought of down there and he seems to think he has scored over 8 goals so far this season. Says he is also a very competent right back which could explain McCalls thinkin.

Don't normally hear of a player who is a striker and also a right back! :lol:

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/01/11/more-ne...nt-out-on-loan/

One immediate difference we have seen in the way Alan Pardew manages the Magpies, is that he doesn’t want to see the top Newcastle youngsters not playing, and he seems keen to send them out on loan to get first team playing experience.

phil-airey-tryt-400x225.jpg

Phil Airey – may go on loan to Motherwell

We’ve always thought that was the best way for youngsters to develop, and that’s what Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea have always done with their top young players.

And we heard last night that 20 year-old Hungarian International Tamas Kadar, has been sent on a month-long loan to Lee Clark’s Huddersfield Town, and is likely to make his debut tonight against Plymouth Argyle.

Lee was wondering whether he should ease Tamas into the side, or throw him in at the deep end, but Tamas has already proved he can easily hold his own at Newcastle, and Lee will apparently play him tonight.

We think the Huddersfield fans will soon be impressed by this 6’2″ youngster, who is a great no-nonsense defender, and whose temperament is simply first class, and he could become a big player for Newcastle in the future – and the near future too.

And it could be the start of a mutually beneficial liaison between Newcastle and Huddersfield Town, because Lee presumably would be willing to take some of Newcastle’s other up-and-coming stars, and we have to think 18 year-old central midfielder Haris Vuckic would be just great at some Championship club.

The Evening Chronicle is reporting today that Amble-born 19-year-old striker Phil Airey could be the next youngster to be loaned out, with Scottish Premier League club Motherwell said to be keen to take the youngster, who made his Newcastle debut in the FA Cup defeat at Stevenage.

Phil joined Newcastle when he was just 10 years old, and has played 58 times (48 starts) for the Reserves/U-18 sides with a commendable 24 goals.

And Phil, who stands 5’11″ tall, was a star of Newcastle U-18s run to the FA Youth Cup semi-final last season, before they were beaten by Aston Villa.

Alan Pardew talked about Kadar:

“This is a good chance for Tamas to go out on loan and get some games under his belt.”

“Huddersfield are a good club who are chasing promotion, and he will be better off for experiencing football in a very tough division.”

Alan’s absolutely right of course, and we expect even more of Newcastle’s young players to be loaned out before the end of the season.

Huddersfield are also in the latter stages of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, and maybe Tamas Kadar will get a chance to play at Wembley, if Huddersfield can get past Carlisle United in the semi-finals.

Wouldn’t that be something for the Hungarian youngster.

Sheffield Wednesday are expected to make an improved offer for Motherwell defender Mark Reynolds after an initial bid was turned down.

The Owls are understood to have offered £75,000 for the 23-year-old, whose contract at Motherwell expires this summer, while Rangers and Swansea have also been linked with the centre-half.

Reynolds featured in Motherwell's Scottish Cup win at Dundee on Sunday and manager Stuart McCall said: "The talk prior to this game was a bit unsettling but his attitude was spot on.

"I said `all right, Sheffield Wednesday have made a bid, if you go out and play well it might be a Championship club making a bid'.

"From a manager's point of view I wouldn't like to lose him, I know the board are not over-keen to lose him, but if the offer is upped and I can bring someone in, we'll wait and see."