Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

If we can't compete at that level then we might as well just focus on youth development and just play these young guys. Most of them have done well when shoved into the first team.

Agreed.

But we should also be keeping a close eye on the lower Scottish Leagues. There are surely 1 or 2 gems to be had. Guys like Conway and Imrie immediately spring to mind, 2 of the more talented players in the league.

We seem to have taken our eye off the ball in that respect over the last few years.

From the BBC gossip page :-

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall admits he cannot compete with English non-league sides in the transfer market. (Various)

Looks like that's about our level these days in the transfer market.

Still, that is very depressing. Can't figure out how Killie got to snaffle Eremenko when they are in serious debt. Even this year we have had a Euro run, League Cup Semi, and are already further in the Scottish Cup. We have similar attendances and have finished above them in the league for the last few years. Just how are other clubs doing it?

From the BBC gossip page :-

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall admits he cannot compete with English non-league sides in the transfer market. (Various)

Fuck me. Is that how low we have sunk? Very depressing. Youth development is the way forward then surely? I'd like to see some of the youths we have starting to get a bit of game time then.

Still, that is very depressing. Can't figure out how Killie got to snaffle Eremenko when they are in serious debt. Even this year we have had a Euro run, League Cup Semi, and are already further in the Scottish Cup. We have similar attendances and have finished above them in the league for the last few years. Just how are other clubs doing it?

loads of these.

irnbru.jpg

but mainly this

visa_mastercard.jpg

Eremenco is on loan, and his parent club pay his wages.

Agreed.

But we should also be keeping a close eye on the lower Scottish Leagues. There are surely 1 or 2 gems to be had. Guys like Conway and Imrie immediately spring to mind, 2 of the more talented players in the league.

We seem to have taken our eye off the ball in that respect over the last few years.

Danny Swanson (Even though he is a total bawbag) came from Berwick.

loads of these.

irnbru.jpg

but mainly this

visa_mastercard.jpg

And the SFA/SPL let teams get into debt for as long as they want, or at least as long as they can afford to keep up the minimum payments.... but when they eventually do, and some definitely will, go into administration, the same governing bodies screw the arse even further out the club by punishing them with almost certain relegation.

The sheep are allowed to do whatever they want while they're £12m in debt, 'cause that cock womble Milne's got £400m in the bank. But if he decides to jack it in or curb his input (his business was reportedly losing money hand over fist), they're royally fucked right in the botty. Boyle's had his fingers burned before, he knows he can't push us into debt agin only to then have to bail us out.

Youth system..... its the future! :lol:

Finlay, I have to agree with your point, however, they only got Eremenko due to in being Finnish, but surely we can do better than what we are doing!!!!!

I like Boyle and totally understand his possition but surely there must be some sort of money there? or has it all went on the re-laying the park and Boyle's back pocket?

For the last five years our end of year accounts look good with one year (I think) showing a negitive, but we are still the only that has BOUGHT a player in years??? why????

Finlay, I have to agree with your point, however, they only got Eremenko due to in being Finnish, but surely we can do better than what we are doing!!!!!

I like Boyle and totally understand his possition but surely there must be some sort of money there? or has it all went on the re-laying the park and Boyle's back pocket?

For the last five years our end of year accounts look good with one year (I think) showing a negitive, but we are still the only that has BOUGHT a player in years??? why????

I don't think any money has ever gon the way of Boyle's back pocket and it's probably a wee bit disrespectful to say it.

Post administration we've been run pretty well financially.

We haven't sold a player since Quinn & Clarky and that's why we're struggling now.

Stadium patch up, wages, the pitch etc that'll burn a hole in our budget all year every year.

we seriously need to move a few future stars on when the time's right.

I don't think any money has ever gon the way of Boyle's back pocket and it's probably a wee bit disrespectful to say it.

Post administration we've been run pretty well financially.

We haven't sold a player since Quinn & Clarky and that's why we're struggling now.

Stadium patch up, wages, the pitch etc that'll burn a hole in our budget all year every year.

we seriously need to move a few future stars on when the time's right.

Not once did I say I think it has went in his pocket I was simply asking a question!

Surely if the wages, stadium, pitch where a burning a hole in our budget then surely more seasons would show a negative in our end of year accounts? meaning more seasons than not our income is out weighing our expenditure?

Every now and again though you will get a chairman personally financing a deal ala Boyle with Hughes & Porter.

i think that's a myth. the wage bill increased by a million pounds under mcghee from malpas but the turnover increased by the same amount due to having a very good season. maybe boyle did intend to pay some of there costs but they ended up paying for themselves.

i think if we really wanted a player we could find the money to outbid fleetwood, in this instance probably the guy wasn't worth it.

I think this guy picking Fleetwood actually says more about the state of English football and this guys ambition than it does Motherwell and the SPL! English football is heading for meltdown with the frighteningly crazy money they are paying! The fact some players are earning £200k + a year is out of control and if a conference team are going to pay him £2k a week the baws burst! Think of say a similar level up here at Pollock, they ate paying about average £100 a week! No comparison!

Not once did I say I think it has went in his pocket I was simply asking a question!

Surely if the wages, stadium, pitch where a burning a hole in our budget then surely more seasons would show a negative in our end of year accounts? meaning more seasons than not our income is out weighing our expenditure?

No recent big transfer fees in (since Quinn and Clarkson c. £1M) or manager compensation (c. 250K for McGhee)

No recent big transfer fees in (since Quinn and Clarkson c. £1M) or manager compensation (c. 250K for McGhee)

I accept your point.

But surely our wige bill is greatly reduced with the likes of hughes, porter, mccorrmick, clarky, smith, mcgarry, quinn, coke, all gone and very little have came in.

Also I understand peoples thinking about youth development, however, we often lose any good players coming though, we lost alot with mccart went to celtic, then paul sloan went to, many of them went for next to nothing, we got to look at what airdrie done last week, gave alot of young boys squad numbers and proffesional contracts and that allowed them to sell a boy for £100k to celtic rather than us just fighting for compo all the time