Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Get mediocre foreigners to fuck. We're all moaning at teh state of Scottish fitba and then doing this? NAW.

i don't think we can be too choosy at the moment. it's not like we'll be over run either, there's only 7 players at the club who didn't come through the ranks.

Get mediocre foreigners to fuck. We're all moaning at teh state of Scottish fitba and then doing this? NAW.

1 of the main problems imo is that there's a lot of players who've been going around spl clubs being repeatedly released because they are not good enough, gow being an example.the way forward for scotland along with bringing young scots/brits through has got to involve getting players from the continent who are often on less wages than similar players in the spl and can at least control the ball and pass it 10 yds.

Its not that the players are coming from abroad thats the concern,its more with 2 weeks to go in the January window,we decide to bring in trialists at all,it shows we are not in a position to get proven players in,think we can all agree killie have made some good foreign signings but how many of killies signings were trialists in january?all but 3 were brought in over the summer.The january window is all about getting the players in to the cub that you have identified beforehand,with Brown leaving when he did and having to get Mccall in mid season,our new manager finds himself in a position of losing 4 players and not being able to afford to replace them like for like,and running out of time to do so.In my book that equals desperation although in no way the managers fault.

Of course we are not in a position to bring proven players in when's the last time we signed some one that you though OH YES MAN they are awesome.

It's all guys who's careers are stuttering and the are here to try and make a go of it.

It's the proven recipe of success for this football club, have faith

Have to say it does smack of desperation to me as well. Time will tell though and I may be completely wrong. Its been said before by pevious managers that the January window is difficult because the best Bosmans, at all levels, are already contracted until the summer months. You also have to fork out a fee to land someone decent. This isn't a route that worked particularly well for us in the past.

Thing is, even in Scotland at the moment, is there anyone out of contract or would cost nothing we could sign that was any better than what we have? Griffiths, £150,000 and he certainly aint any better than what is in our squad currently.

Thing is, even in Scotland at the moment, is there anyone out of contract or would cost nothing we could sign that was any better than what we have? Griffiths, £150,000 and he certainly aint any better than what is in our squad currently.

Probably not Ricky. It will be extremely difficult to bring in decent replacements in the next week or two. I would have thought loans would be our best bet at this time of year.

dont see a problem with this its a busy time just now game wise so maybe mccall cant afford to lose time leaving the club to assess players, also very much doubt if we have a great scouting network to get people to go and look at players so why not bring them to us, were not the type of club that go just say right i'll have that one there i guess we need to wait to see what becomes available and who comes to us

A lot of reports at the weekend were stating that we were on the lookout for a defender to replace Reynolds (thet might be paper talk or it might be a direct SMcC quote) However with Page, Hutch and Saunders Capable of coming in then I don't think thats the priority.

A left mid aye. A penalty box poacher aye. Competition for left back berth - would be nice.

Other than that - tha panic isny huge.

Get the young lads into the squad and get the troops majorly rallied.

Heard froma Falkirk supporting mate (and youth coach with them) that we have Pedro Moutinho on trial. Apparantly if he doesn't get a deal with us, he will return to the Bairns. Always thought he was half decent, if somewhat inconsistent.

I'm sure we will have 2 or 3 faces in before the end of the transfer, and as others have said, priority for me is a left sided midfielder. I think the young guys coming through offer cover in other areas of the park (Hutchinson, Page, McHugh, Meechan, Smith, even Halsman)

No need for any defenders and I'll be pretty annoyed if that's who we get in. Hutchinson was immense on Saturday. He's the man to replace Reynolds.

Left midfielder please. The others to get a rocket up the arse and we'll hold till the summer.

No need for any defenders and I'll be pretty annoyed if that's who we get in. Hutchinson was immense on Saturday. He's the man to replace Reynolds.

Left midfielder please. The others to get a rocket up the arse and we'll hold till the summer.

Yep!

I'll rephrase what I was gonna type in a more positive fashion.

Given the performances we've endured in defence this season - why the fuck has it taken 20 odd games and 3 managers to see Hutch getting his first sniff?

I echo whats been said here, think Centre half is where we are most flush. As well as Hutch, we have Page, Charmbolis (SP?) and Saunders is better in the middle in my opinion. There is also young Quinn who gets rave reviews from those that have seen his games.

Other than young players, we don't have a left mid in the team. That is a priority. Would also like a Righ Back in, let Hately compete for a midfield spot with Jennings and Lasley. Young Meechan and Forbes also offer options there.

Up front we have Sutton, Murphy , Casagolda, McHugh and Smith, who again gets rave reviews from those that see the U19 games.

Priorities for signings for me are: LM, RB, C/RM, ST. A CB is not needed at all IMO!

Because he, by his own admission, wasn't up to speed after his injuries and being rushed back by a certain manager in a 6-1 mauling.

It hasn't taken this long to get over that injury.

(Sorry didn't see the earlier replies)

As most have already said for me, left mid priority, anywhere else not fussed, wee bitty cover perhaps but young lads will see us through

Hutchinson was rushed back from injury which then set him back for the remainder of the season. Brown and Knox came in and Reynolds and Craigan formed an excellent defensive record and I think they were then unsure about breaking that partnership up. They also never got injured.

Overall Reynolds and Craigan over the last year or so have been excellent. So I can understand why Hutchinson has had to wait for his chance.

If he plays like he did against ICT then he will be getting a game every week. He is only 19.