Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Would be good if the club could confirm a few things:

a) What are the reasons we are failing so bad in the transfer market?

b) Have they written off this season thinking we are safe and holding back for next season? (Brown hinted at lack of ambition)

c) Who the fuck is Casagolda and why is he still here???

a) Because we can't afford to spend money on players.

b) No, it's just that we can't afford to spend money on players.

c) He's still here because we can't afford to spend money on players to replace him.

You forget we still have the goal machine, unless of course Chelsea are poised with a late 60 million bid.

For 60 million they could have him, the club, the stadium and most of North Lanarkshire - and still have enough left to buy Charlie Adams at Blackpools prices :wallbash:

Would be good if the club could confirm a few things:

a) What are the reasons we are failing so bad in the transfer market?

b) Have they written off this season thinking we are safe and holding back for next season? (Brown hinted at lack of ambition)

a) We now compete financially with the English 3 tier of football.

b) The club never takes that view - a top 6 finish ensures we get a significant increase in our income, to suggest we throw in the towel in January is nonsense.

c) Some Spanish/Belgian hybrid who apparently doesn't impress as much as his agent suggested.

He’s clearly a very good hypnotist. He can’t hypnotise the whole crowd so he just sticks to the people in charge. No point in playing when you can get paid for doing feck all.

“Mr McCall, look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes”

Balls. Reynolds and Gow wages are available.

It may surprise a few on here, but outside the City clubs Motherwell have the largest wage budget and a good 60-70% more than Hamilton and St Mirren.

How else do you attract the likes of Randolph and get Humphrey to sign an extension.

Whilst I would be disappointed in no further additions I would rather we don't panic and splash cash we could retain for the summer window.

It may surprise a few on here, but outside the City clubs Motherwell have the largest wage budget and a good 60-70% more than Hamilton and St Mirren.

How else do you attract the likes of Randolph and get Humphrey to sign an extension.

Whilst I would be disappointed in no further additions I would rather we don't panic and splash cash we could retain for the summer window.

Watch! Yer nose will get bigger telling porkies like that...

liar.jpg

Aye, 11 o'clock is the deadline for paperwork to be lodged with the relevant FAs, but quite often deals are announced after the deadline has passed. Particularly for the smaller clubs that don't have a Sky Sports guy parked outside their training ground.

Not suggesting that'll happen with us, just something to bear in mind. I won't be crushed if we don't sign anyone else in this window. As Welldaft says, keep money in the bank for the summer when there will be more free agents available...

Doesn't really surprise me, that means we're behind:

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Hibs

Dundee United.

I'd be surprised if Killie are much behind us.

Motherwell Staff Payroll in 2009 was £3.4 Million

Kilmarnocks was £4.1 Million

Killie don't seperate Football wages from Hotel wages on their accounts, so (unless you have inside info from the club) there's no way of telling if they're spending more or less than us on players.

My guess would be that it's about the same.

Am I right in saying that we can still sign someone outwith the transfer window if they are free agents? If so then maybe that's the route we're taking.

Am I right in saying that we can still sign someone outwith the transfer window if they are free agents? If so then maybe that's the route we're taking.

Aslong as they were free agents in time for the window to close (which is still officially, according to FIFA 54 minutes away) then yes we can.