Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

On the plus side, plenty scope for improvement :evilgrin:

Get the young lads in from their loans, get big Sutty back up front with wee Bob and Jamie just behind them. We have a decent team, not the biggest squad but it's not all doom and gloom on the playing front.

Oh aye as ye know I'm well up for that - it's the only way to be honest.

C'mon the well!

You just know Gow is going to be a star for Aberdeen. Him and Blackman are almost absolute certainties to score against us.

Fucking sods law!

Rangers fans said the same when he went to Hibs! Never happened!

Hibs fans said the same when he came to us! Never happened!

Bound to happen when he goes to Dons!

Even though he has been a shocking buy for us.

I felt embaressed for Gow after the Hamilton. It's never a nice thing that when you leave the pitch your own fans cheer on you being taken off

Felt a bit sorry for the guy

Aye - so we see :thumbup:

:woop: YASSSS GET HIM TAE F**K!!!!!!

honestly Gow is gash

Im going to get that on my Well top next season

Seem to recall a lot of doom n gloom merchants on here crying out for a creative midfielder earlier in the year saying we were going nowhere without one.

I'm not saying Gow was the answer or the most productive, as he clearly wasn't, but if you paid close attention to him as an individual player you would have noticed that some of his touches on the ball and the things he was trying to do were in a different class from anyone else in our team, but maybe that was the problem. We dont have the players who can read that type of ball and hence most of his work came to nothing. The St Mirren game in Paisley was a case in point.

I guess it's a bit of a conundrum how to fit a player like that into your team whilst not weakening the overall product, but I'd rather pay to see players like Gow who are capable of doing something exciting, albeit they are mostly infuriating, than a bunch of workhorse plodders not capable of entertaining at all.

I'd put Humphrey in the same category albeit he HAS had some spectacular games, but recently he has done next to nothing. I would never have him out of the team though, because he is one of the few players we have who CAN make a difference.

Anyway, it matters not. Gow will leave and we will have to find someone else to fill the void, hopefully they will be a little more appreciated.

Seem to recall a lot of doom n gloom merchants on here crying out for a creative midfielder earlier in the year saying we were going nowhere without one.

I'm not saying Gow was the answer or the most productive, as he clearly wasn't, but if you paid close attention to him as an individual player you would have noticed that some of his touches on the ball and the things he was trying to do were in a different class from anyone else in our team, but maybe that was the problem. We dont have the players who can read that type of ball and hence most of his work came to nothing. The St Mirren game in Paisley was a case in point.

I guess it's a bit of a conundrum how to fit a player like that into your team whilst not weakening the overall product, but I'd rather pay to see players like Gow who are capable of doing something exciting, albeit they are mostly infuriating, than a bunch of workhorse plodders not capable of entertaining at all.

I'd put Humphrey in the same category albeit he HAS had some spectacular games, but recently he has done next to nothing. I would never have him out of the team though, because he is one of the few players we have who CAN make a difference.

Anyway, it matters not. Gow will leave and we will have to find someone else to fill the void, hopefully they will be a little more appreciated.

If you have 10 players doing one thing, and one player doing another then it's the single player that is wrong. Biggest bull shit in football (apart from players only having one foot :thumbup: ) is that certain "gifted" players need gifted players around them. If they need other players, then they, themselves are not so gifted.

It's bull shit for Fletcher, it's bull shit for Gerrard it certainly is bull shit for Alan ****ing Gow!

Problem with Gow:

Too Lazy

Selfish

Not commited

Has no vision for a simple pass

Slow (although not a main problem simon mensing was all over him last game)

feel free to add others lads

If you have 10 players doing one thing, and one player doing another then it's the single player that is wrong. Biggest bull shit in football (apart from players only having one foot :thumbup: ) is that certain "gifted" players need gifted players around them. If they need other players, then they, themselves are not so gifted.

It's bull shit for Fletcher, it's bull shit for Gerrard it certainly is bull shit for Alan ****ing Gow!

Aye, and it was bull shit for Bobby 'the tickler' Russell until Davie 'one foot' Cooper made him look good.............

Gow has the talent bubbling under the surface. It just very rarely makes an appearance. He did show signs that he was capable but I do believe he was a luxury we could ill afford. I do believe our new Manager shared that belief.

So that is one gone, probably 2 if as is 99.9% likely Blackman does not return and possibly 3+ if Reynolds and AN Other leaves. At least that will allow McCall the leeway to bring 3 possibly 4 players in before the end of January. Perhaps he could consult Jim Gannon :thumbup: or will he do just as good a job in filling the void.

Funny how football fans see things differently. I was actually getting really annoyed reading the last few pages of this thread reading about how most think Gow was rubbish and that they were delighted he was away. I know it'll go against the grain but I genuinely thought (in the few times he played) that he was by far the most talented player we had on the pitch.

I also read page after page about how good Chris Humphrey is, and I know it goes against the grain again but I think he is utter utter shite. Again I've only seen him a few times, but in the few games I've seen him I think he's been fucking dire!

Not trying to have a go at any of the players on purpose or that, just showing how opinions can differ so much...

If you have 10 players doing one thing, and one player doing another then it's the single player that is wrong. Biggest bull shit in football (apart from players only having one foot :woop: ) is that certain "gifted" players need gifted players around them. If they need other players, then they, themselves are not so gifted.

Was it also bullshit for Davy Cooper, one of the most one footed players I've ever seen, who was similarly unappreciated early in his Rangers career? Clearly when he moved to Motherwell and was playing with far superior players who were on his wavelength his game shot into the stratosphere! :thumbup:

I take your point about it being a team game which is why I said it was a conundrum to fit players like Gow into a team like ours. He should have taken account of his team mates and tailored his game to suit and maybe thats where the selfish aspect of it comes in, however, you cant say that good players wont improve playing with other good players?

Hopefully we can get someone in who has some imagination AND can play for the team, however sadly I dont think we can afford the wages of a player who has both, hence why we ended up with gow in the first place.

Funny how football fans see things differently. I was actually getting really annoyed reading the last few pages of this thread reading about how most think Gow was rubbish and that they were delighted he was away. I know it'll go against the grain but I genuinely thought (in the few times he played) that he was by far the most talented player we had on the pitch.

I also read page after page about how good Chris Humphrey is, and I know it goes against the grain again but I think he is utter utter shite. Again I've only seen him a few times, but in the few games I've seen him I think he's been fucking dire!

Not trying to have a go at any of the players on purpose or that, just showing how opinions can differ so much...

I think im the only one here who agrees ive never seen the hype about him. Ive been to all the home games this season and yes i can see he has improved but i still think his final ball is rubbish (why he takes corners i dont know when hately takes the freekicks)

He has all the pace in the world! on par with Ivan Sproule but he always seems to me that he's to scared to take folk on

so im in the same boat :thumbup:

Gow? Gifted? I dont know what you think he was gifted with but it certainly wasnt footballing ability. He's been bombed out of Rangers, Plymouth and Hibs for a reason and that reason is that he is fucking diabolical. He may look fancy at times and that obviously manages to fool some folk into thinking that he has 'ability'.

A useless, shitebag of the highest order

Taxi for GAZZYB, oh come on GAZZAB how can you say HUMPHREY is utter shite, yes the last few games he has been quite but i would not go as far as to say he was utter shite, if you have HUMPHREY in the team there is always a chance that something will happen, judging by your thread you would prefer him out of the team ? and who might i ask would do his job instead? like you so rightly said its all opinions...

TC I know you've got some kind of connection with Humphrey and I apologise if I offend. I was a bit too strong with my wording. Instead of 'utter shite' I shoulda said 'vastly overrated'. I don't want to take the thread away from the original topic, but I stand by my opinion; Chris Humphrey is nowhere near as good as some make him out to be. Just my opinion though.

haha im not saying steve that im not happy he's away! probs the worst signing ive seen in a Motherwell top.

What age are you out of interest? Did you never see John Davies in a well top. By far the worst I have seen. I don't think had the ball without losing it ever in my lifetime.

Gazzy, this isn't a dig but how many times have you genuinely seen him play (both, Gow and Humphrey?).

Gow might know what he is doing in his head (which I totally believe he does) but he can't produce it. Motherwell can't afford to carry players that can't perform. He IS an intelligent player if he could make his feet do what his brain is telling him. Thats why so many are happy to see him go. I for one agree. We can't play him for a CHANCE that he might FINALLY make that killer pass (he done it once I think for Lasleys goal?). Once in so many apperance isn't good enough for a 'Well player... If anything he needs a bigger club where he'd get more possession and be able to dictate a game better. IMO, Gow would have worked well in the Porter, Hughes, McCormack, Clarky season. Now, he doesn't.

ie. Humphrey - he is what we need and what Motherwell fans expect of a Motherwell player. He'll run himself into the ground. With pace to burn its what we always have needed in a Well team. Fair enough, he won't beat a man and cross a Beckham like ball 10 times out of 10 but what he does do is what no one else can't in our side (with sheer pace too). Hence why HUmphrey is respected and well thought of from the 'Well support and Gow who looks disinterested sometimes isn't.

What age are you out of interest? Did you never see John Davies in a well top. By far the worst I have seen. I don't think had the ball without losing it ever in my lifetime.

im nearly 25 so i do remember ol John, i think he was soooo bad i forgot all about him! haha

i remember Paul Harvey took all my interest at that time now that was some player!

I've seen em both play about 5 or 6 times this season each. You're right I've not seen enough to comment on them overall, hence why I always say 'from what I've seen' in my posts.

One particular game with Humphrey I remember was when we were away to ICT. People were on here saying how good they thought Humphrey was, but I thought he was god awful!

I didn't mean to take the thread off topic, was just trying to get across my point that opinions can be oh so different.