Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I think the dip in form can be attributed to the players being unsettled, not directly Judas' fault but it is contributory.

They have seen a managerial revolving door recently which is bound to cause problems particularly with the way the last one went.

Perhaps thats why the new boss has been given a proper contract from the start to settle things down and focus on playing football.

Went onto the Bradford forum for a gander and there was talk of McCall's former number two joining us:

Wayne Jacobs

The opinions were split, some thought he was part of their current problems, some advocated change was needed but wish him well, some thought he'd do well until the end of the season if/when Peter Taylor is sacked.

Anyone heard if Tommy Craig coming is still on the cards?

I thought Craig had been discounted. I remember reading somewhere, might have been one of those journos on twitter, that he was never actually an option as a number two and McCall always intended on appointing his own man.

Craig's name had appeared because he was apparently mooted to become our caretaker manager if the board weren't able to make the appointment they wanted.

I think its a certainty that Murphy will be moved on at some point in the near future, it'd be good for him and good for the club as well. He's really impressed this season and given all the chat about Goodwillie moving, I'm suprised theres been nothing mentioned about Murphy. He's got a fairly solid contract hasn't he?

C'mon, transfer windows been open for about ten days, surely there should be some itk folk posting stuff! Where's Casagolda's agent?

I thought Cragg's comments on Sportscene last night were 'interesting' wrt Murphy and shop windows.

Wonder if the club might be looking to actively move Jamie on for cash at some point soon.

right son get oot there and play a blinder . . . etc

They should be looking to extend Jamie's contract. He needs a consistent year of banging the goals in and then he will ready for a move to England for decent money.

Went onto the Bradford forum for a gander and there was talk of McCall's former number two joining us:

Wayne_Jacobs

The opinions were split, some thought he was part of their current problems, some advocated change was needed but wish him well, some thought he'd do well until the end of the season if/when Peter Taylor is sacked.

The reason it has panned out like this ..taking so long .. is probably because GY was offered the No.2 post and knocked it back...

Where's Casagolda's agent?

I think there are a few on here who would like to know. :lol:

I hope we can give this guy a decent run out to see if he should be punted or not. In the very, very short time that I have seen him play, he looks to have not a bad touch. My only worry was that his style of play reminded me of Alan Gow.

I see some Russian mob have made a bid for Adam Rooney, with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

Surprised no SPL club went for him when ICT were relegated. Really good striker imo.

With regards to our transfer activity this month, I hope that that we can bring in a left sided player that will add a new dimension to our midfield, an accomplished right back that knows how to defend and a striker that can hold the ball up well and will keep Sutton on his toes. This is all under the assumption that Reynolds will move on!

and end up playing the Reynolds game? The moving on will be ASAP.

Do you know that reynolds game or are you guessing? Plenty of rumors suggesting club and player are not on best of terms after rangers 1m bid was knocked back, agent attempted to get decent wages for his 1m+ player and was hunted. Just a rumor tho

Surprised no SPL club went for him when ICT were relegated. Really good striker imo.

He didn't really play as much the season they went down did he? He really looked as if he grew into the role last year.

The reason it has panned out like this ..taking so long .. is probably because GY was offered the No.2 post and knocked it back...

U19 job pretty secure. Assistant Manager's job not so much.

Regardless anyone else think the longer we go without a number 2 the more money we are saving that could be invested elsewhere? Wouldn't be surprised to see a number 2 appointed at the start of Feb.

Do you know that reynolds game or are you guessing? Plenty of rumors suggesting club and player are not on best of terms after rangers 1m bid was knocked back, agent attempted to get decent wages for his 1m+ player and was hunted. Just a rumor tho

I know nothing and I'm not guessing at anything either - all I meant by 'playing the Reynolds game' is that we're watching the clock run down at thae same rate as the potential transfer fee.

Soon both will be at zero.

That's all - no packdrill whatsoever

I think their might be some legs with that story though because ive heard it as well. I read an article on BBC last week from 2008 when it was clear that Reynolds wanted to join Rangers.

I don't think there are really any urgent signings we need to make. I would concerntrate on signing up Sutton for the next couple of years, along with Fitzpatrick for the next 18months and then maybe look at what we have.

If we are signing someone though natural left midfielder (not an out and out left winger ala not a left sided version of Humphrey) would make the most sense.

I would concerntrate on signing up Sutton for the next couple of years, along with Fitzpatrick for the next 18months and then maybe look at what we have.

Really don't understand all the Fitzpatrick love at the moment. He's not worth an 18 month contract having never kicked a ball for us for about two years (some would say he's never kicked a ball in his career....well maybe once! :notworthy: ). First division player at best.

I think our priority should be with Jordan Halsman,Stevie Lawless,Steven Meechan + Peter Innes rather than Fitzpatrick. These 4 boys were the cream of last years u-19s,play left mid and centre mid,are highly regarded in both the Scotland youth setup + by the clubs theyve been loaned to, and are out of contract in june. Surely it makes more sense giving them a run and seeing how they cope than wasting money (no matter how small an amount it might be) giving yet another extension to Fitzy,who has shown he aint really cut out for SPL 1st team footie with the fact he`s never held down a starting slot in 5 or 6 years

Really don't understand all the Fitzpatrick love at the moment. He's not worth an 18 month contract having never kicked a ball for us for about two years (some would say he's never kicked a ball in his career....well maybe once! :notworthy: ). First division player at best.

The thing is with Fitzpatrick when he arrived on the scene at Motherwell we really thought we had found a cracking player and then over the last 5 years he has been in and out with injuries and never really had a decent run in the team.

Also when he has started to get a decent run we have seen how his performances improved.

He is also a decent goal threat.

I say give him the next 6 months and then see where he is then.

id like to see sutton sign a new contract but for me jenno has to be the priority even if its just on another 1 year deal

How the fuck did I forget about Jennings. :notworthy:

I agree. Sign our out of contract players first then move onto finding new players.

We have 7 months before the transfer window where we can do most of our deals is, with the English based players that are out of contract now fair game for us to approach.