Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Surely if he's signed a pre-contract with us, we can involve some legal intervention if they go for him.

If you look at the article, it seems he says that if we make a suitable offer for him, then he'll come, does'nt sound like a pre-contract to me, especially since he mentions having a 3 year contract with them

From firpark corner....

Heard a whisper from a good source that wolves are ready to sign jamie murphy before the transfer window shuts if thats the case we should be looking at a million at least?

pffftt if goodwillie can sign for 1.6 million then we should be looking for the same!

whats with wolves buying scottish strikers?

Even if these stories were all true there comes a point where the club would HAVE to reject bids. If not we would be relying on our U19s (who would obviously get mauled) or risk filling our team with loan deals/last day signings. The idea is to have a good mix in the team. Experience, players brought from the youth set up, good free agents, and the odd loan deal or two. Selling off all our assests would be great, financially, in the short term.....not so much in the long term.

Even if these stories were all true there comes a point where the club would HAVE to reject bids. If not we would be relying on our U19s (who would obviously get mauled) or risk filling our team with loan deals/last day signings. The idea is to have a good mix in the team. Experience, players brought from the youth set up, good free agents, and the odd loan deal or two. Selling off all our assests would be great, financially, in the short term.....not so much in the long term.

Depends what offer is on the table though. As a club, I don't think we're in the financial situation where we can reject any reasonable offers for any of our players. Personally, I think we'd be lucky to get around £500K for Murphy.

If you look at the article, it seems he says that if we make a suitable offer for him, then he'll come, does'nt sound like a pre-contract to me, especially since he mentions having a 3 year contract with them

Granted mate, but how many people allegedly courting interest and inviting people to bid would have also showed up at a press conference, pull on a branded sweater and get their photograph taken?

I reckon (sorry hope) he must of signed something in the depths of the POD before getting to this stage.

Post #2002

Depends what offer is on the table though. As a club, I don't think we're in the financial situation where we can reject any reasonable offers for any of our players. Personally, I think we'd be lucky to get around £500K for Murphy.

Any of our players as a one off, sure. Pretty much the backbone of the team I don't think so. Of course the money is the main thing but due to the fact we have lost Reynolds, Gow, Fitzpatrick, and Blackman this window and there has been rumours in the last 24 hours of Randolph, Sutton, and Murphy, following on that is a good chunk of the starting X1 and would be suicidal at this stage. League Cup, Scottish Cup, and Top 6 would be gone imo. You have time to rebuild in the summer, not in January. IF those players DID walk we would be in serious bother until we got a chance to rebuild in June/July/August. Replacing one player like Reynolds is hard enough in January. Trying to replace Randolph, Sutton, Murphy, and Blackman on top of that with, at the very least, equal quality? In two weeks? No chance.

Diggle brought it to attention on the 13th of October, obviously after the article was written, problem for us it trying to work out when the photo fits in as the bounce game was in early August.

I think you maybe right Haggis. It would appear La Buteur dug out a photo from then and used it with a current story.

Granted mate, but how many people allegedly courting interest and inviting people to bid would have also showed up at a press conference, pull on a branded sweater and get their photograph taken?

It seems according to his interview, he turned up (probably as a trialist, as HC said), then the people that be at our end, started the ball rolling regarding the pre-contract, but then his club told him to get his ars* back to them pronto because he still had a fair bit of his contract left to run

Have to say would take £200grand for Sutton and £600grand for Murphy. They've both done well for us but we need funds in to totally revamp the team. ;)

Agree bout Sutton, but you imply that Murphy is as good right now as he'll get if your happy for him to be sold for that much, and with a good bit left on his contract.

I'd be gutted if Murphy went at all this season. He's part of the core of the team, and a lot would agree, one of the best prospects in scotland thenow.

Got to keep both please! And if Murphy was to ever be sold, it'd have to be for whatever the cash being talked about for Goodwullie....minimum.

We must keep Murphy he is vital if we are to make the top six this season. if he goes has to be for a load of cash at one of those wonga APR's so much so that we could bring in 3/4 quality players in order to make top six. I just can't see that happening.

Reynolds has given us some cash so we can be bullish in the face of those looking to buy our players. Hopefully use it wisely. I like the idea also of getting the youngsters some game time in preparation for the next season and use our first team when it matter in the cup's. Keeps everyone fit and hopefully will keep folk on their toes.

I love that within a page this guys gone from a talent to not good enough, without anyone seeing him!

Me too and I blame Football Manager. :lol:

If Murphy and Sutton go we WILL be in a relegation battle. Mind you I think everyone of our players have been linked with a move away this window.