Europa League Qualifying - 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Rickoza

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you'll be able to keep us up to date on the tv coverage situation my friend.

If it's on TV, there's a good chance we'll get it on the internet y'see.

If any norwegian tv-channel buy the rights for it I will post it here. You can probably stream those channels. I hope.

Meanwhile, back at the fitba......... :D

Very professional display by our lads tonight, and despite a couple of hairy moments in defence we were very comfortable throughout. I still don't know if Randy is a good 'keeper yet, such was the quality of defence in front of him!

I have to commend Ross Forbes tonight, who was composed on the ball and did a great defensve shift too. So close to a goal too. It was an all-round team performance from 1 to 11 and tactically we're in fine shape for the next round.

Well done to THE PUB too, excellent coverage and a packed house full of thirsty Well fans meant a good night for all. Hoping for the same next week too.

I have to commend Ross Forbes tonight, who was composed on the ball and did a great defensve shift too. So close to a goal too. It was an all-round team performance from 1 to 11 and tactically we're in fine shape for the next round.

Was just gonna say the same thing. He looked a lot more relaxed tonight and lnked up well at times. I wonder if the lack of 1500 east standers just waiting for him to slip up was part of it?

A win away from home in Europe with a clean sheet is not to be sniffed at no matter who the opponents are.

Only heard it on the radio, but from the commentry it sounded like we controlled the game for the most part and gave them very little.

One thing we do have is two old geezers who know the European arena like the back of their hand and have got their tactics spot on in both legs.

Onwards and upwards.

Also special mention to Forbes. He is getting a chance under Brown and could have got another goal last night. So lets lay off him and let him shine.

Glad we couldn't hear this in commentary, but, with reports from more than a few sources in Iceland, I suppose it's time I had to show this

outrage.jpg

Kept the mock outrage till now (as the usual knicker wetters do), so with tin hat on, just to throw a little something in here...

360559_Hand-Grenade-Posters.jpg

Most probably not out their cots yet due the late return, but, what was with the tartan barmyness overtaking our support in Iceland? Colourful? maybe, aesthetically pleasing to the eye? The locals are laughing AT you, not WITH you. Some may revel in the high jinks, japery and shit song lists, but, can we carry the motion 'we are the 'Well'...

'WE ARE NOT AN EXTENSION OF THE TARTAN ARMY'

Me? Envy those who were there, fair play. Behaviour that detracts the experience of others? Not on. Hope the club look into the affair of those who besmirched the name of our fine following and limit access to future tickets. THERE.

Glad we couldn't hear this in commentary, but, with reports from more than a few sources in Iceland, I suppose it's time I had to show this

outrage.jpg

Kept the mock outrage till now (as the usual knicker wetters do), so with tin hat on, just to throw a little something in here...

360559_Hand-Grenade-Posters.jpg

Most probably not out their cots yet due the late return, but, what was with the tartan barmyness overtaking our support in Iceland? Colourful? maybe, aesthetically pleasing to the eye? The locals are laughing AT you, not WITH you. Some may revel in the high jinks, japery and shit song lists, but, can we carry the motion 'we are the 'Well'...

Me? Envy those who were there, fair play. Behaviour that detracts the experience of others? Not on. Hope the club look into the affair of those who besmirched the name of our fine following and limit access to future tickets. THERE.

Doe-a-deer? :lol::P

that has to be one of the most confusing posts I've ever read on here and there is a fair bit of competition

what exactly is it you are trying to say?

exactly what behaviour that is so 'tartan army' like are you referring to??

that has to be one of the most confusing posts I've ever read on here and there is a fair bit of competition

what exactly is it you are trying to say?

exactly what behaviour that is so 'tartan army' like are you referring to??

Not confusing to me at all, I was there (just back) and know exactly what he means. Unfortunately a lot of Well fans treat these trips as just another Scotland game. Each to his own I suppose but not my cup o tea.

I was there as well

and I would like to know what he means and what you think he means by

"Behaviour that detracts the experience of others? Not on. Hope the club look into the affair of those who besmirched the name of our fine following "

I reckon he's just a big pant wetter thats miffed he wasn't there :lol:

Not confusing to me at all, I was there (just back) and know exactly what he means. Unfortunately a lot of Well fans treat these trips as just another Scotland game. Each to his own I suppose but not my cup o tea.

I saw a few decked out in Motherwell tartan. Fair play. The kilt isnae for me (especially for two days on the bounce) but full respect to those that do wear it. Reference to one or two being a fair bit sozzled at the game? Again, not for me but their choice. If that brings them most enjoyment batter in. I never saw anything that could be used against the fans or club. Quite the opposite infact.

"Behaviour that detracts the experience of others?"

TA can be bit annoying if you're not done up like a tin of shortbread.

"Hope the club look into the affair of those who besmirched the name of our fine following "

Heard a few SS chants :lol:

I'm even more confused now, as I definately never heard any SS chants and doubt thats what what onthefringes would have been offended by even tho' its secondhand information thats he's displaying mock outrage at.

I still don't get how a couple edit: no maybe six? lads in Motherwell colours and kilts detract from the experience of others.

Some people maybe just need to start enjoying their own life instead of being outraged at others :lol:

Some people maybe just need to start enjoying their own life instead of being outraged at others

By your own admission...

Heard from several who were there. Tongue in cheek (admin need to update emoticons) retort to the usual mock outrage (plenty acting on 2nd hand info too) when some of our support indulge in behaviour on the wrong side of the very thin line of legality that doesn't meet the approval of the holier than thou on here. I suspect you knew that too. To be fair, I thought I'd have hooked (not literally) more than I did.

Kilts? Wedding/function attire and as it's national dress, if it floats their boat, some where it to the clan gatherings at Hampden and on away jaunts. So unsure how this fits with the Motherwell psyche, as it ain't a wedding or function and it definitely ain't a Scotland match. Never see the ghouls wear it at Fir Park? Likely ridicule?

by my own admission thats why I put the wee :P guy

I still don't see what it is your displaying your mock-mock outrage at

is it just the kilts?, if so dry yir eyes, they hurt nobody and some locals and other tourists were fairly taken and entertained by them,

and what are you glad you never heard on the commentary

anyway I'd guessed you were only pulling our chains

It was a magic trip, met loads of good folk that support Motherwell and a fair number of punters from around the globe that now know MFC exist in world football, the lads in the Kilts seemed to be popular and well received by all they encountered ( just as well you weren't there :D )

Tell you what tho' there was one c**t that had a pair of 3/4 length trousers on, mock outraged I was, can't believe he had the sheers brass neck to go out in public like that and with a motherwell scarf as well :lol: Club should have taken his name and limited his future access to tickets

Motion carried "WE ARE THE 'WELL" although some are proud Scots as well ;)

Brazialian - i have a couple of good pictures of your flag. Pm me if you want a copy of them. I must warn you that there are some well fans in the pictures with kilts and well tops which might ruin them a bit!

Did anyone hear about the well fan who lost his passport and didn't get past customs for a couple of hours?