Cardiff Owe Us Some Poons

Bop

However where he then went onto play shows that we were paying too much for his services anyway.

To be fair that’s not Eddie Forrest’s fault. It’s the fault of whoever agreed to pay him that amount.

Although not as much as Cardiff owe us this quote from Eddie is worth noting...

He said: "We are all supposed to get a dividend from Motherwell every May.

"It was delayed one year because they were spending money on the pitch.

"We've still to receive this year's dividend as well and I'm still chasing it up.

Maybe Eddie and the former players should send the baliff’s round to Fir Park to collect any money due. :cheers:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not surprised by this,if it was the beloved Old Firm they would be on the attack over what Cardiff has done but its only Motherwell so lets put the boot in,it happened 8 years ago,we fulfilled our legal obligation so how long are we expected to suffer for it?

And Eddie Forrest make MY blood boil,the fact he could only play for Berwick + ended up a taxi driver @ 31 shows he was grossly overpaid,unlike the office staff who were paid far less + laid off,not a mention of them from him tho. It was an unfortunate situation,count yourself lucky you got paid very well the year u were here and count yourself lucky Boyle wrote off the millions owed to him,otherwise the club wouldve folded and youd even be without your "annual pittance",dry your eyes + get on with your life you bitter tosspot

so he's moaning about Boyle trying to get the club money, which partly probably goes to him as a dividend. That's very bright of him.

As for the media, i've said it before, they are a big part of why our game is dying. Negativity, rather than promote your home clubs, especially when it's a Welsh club taking the p**s.

Stop buying the rags, and probably one day they will disappear.

One question leaps out at me from eddie forrest interview why on earth are we still paying him money 8 years on he had a three year deal now seems to be eight! Should be grateful for that! It simple cardiff owe us the money and if there are skint and trying hard to get the money then fine but there buying players that would walk into old firm we should get our money! If they went into adminstration and paid us 2p in the pound would be annoying but that is fine there just cheating (like most clubs with debt)

One question leaps out at me from eddie forrest interview why on earth are we still paying him money 8 years on he had a three year deal now seems to be eight! Should be grateful for that! It simple cardiff owe us the money and if there are skint and trying hard to get the money then fine but there buying players that would walk into old firm we should get our money! If they went into adminstration and paid us 2p in the pound would be annoying but that is fine there just cheating (like most clubs with debt)

Its a dividend of the clubs annual profit he gets, i dunno how it works but Im guessin its to soften the blow of havin his 3 year contract ripped up!

One question leaps out at me from eddie forrest interview why on earth are we still paying him money 8 years on he had a three year deal now seems to be eight! Should be grateful for that!

Because that was the deal presented to him when we went into admin, one that he accepted. In essence his old 3 year deal is ripped up and he has his new deal.

A bit of a ball booting for the Welchers, seems to me that they may have overstepped the mark with their Leagur officials having had a transfer embargo lifted after having supposedly paid all of their outstanding debt.

Should they not face further sanctions/embargo ?

Forrest should realise that had Motherwell not gone into administration

THERE WOULD BE NO MOTHERWELL.

If that scenario had happened How much money would he have got then ??

Nobody can be happy about what happened then but it was the option available to save the club.

Forrest says if he had been told in the January he would have been able to find another club then.

O.K. he would have gone to Berwick 3 months earlier than he did for he sure as hell wasn't going anywhere else.

Some of the other players who were so far out of the picture at Fir Park that they were told they could move on decided that hey no we will just stay at Fir Park and pick up our money for nothing.

There are players who of course deserve sympathy for what happened but there were others at Fir Park who were bleeding Motherwell dry and lining their own pockets whilst doing nothing for the club.

Anyway Motherwell did everythng legally back then and what Cardiff are doing now is a totally different thing entirely. They are trading as a company and therefore should be made to pay debts which are outstanding.

Now this morning they are saying they are signing Lee Naylor on a free.

O.K. they don't pay a trasnsfer fee but where do they get the money for a signing on fee and wages for him ?? We all know they get it from the money they should be paying to the people they owe.

By the way they are now offering to let McCormick go on loan.

Maybe JB should include him in the settlement figure.

Rant over

Mon the Dossers in Denmark

Its a dividend of the clubs annual profit he gets, i dunno how it works but Im guessin its to soften the blow of havin his 3 year contract ripped up!

I thought the club made a loss for the last financial year, so Eddie will be waiting a while for a dividend from the club's annual profit.

He's also lucky that the club has been run so prudently since we were in admin, being one of the few clubs in the SPL to generally record a profit, or he may not have received any dividend at all.

The hostility to the ex players is a funny one - they were due what they were due when the courts battened it down and we should ensure as a club we meet those obligations. i don't know the implications to their payments if it's 'dividend' based and we are in a loss making situation. They were very significantly affected at the time - as were a lot of employees, suppliers and club officials. Dark days as many have said.

It was the boards doing - they gambled on the TV money and spent money they didn't have ahead of it being in the bank - very similar to what cardiff are doing now.

i had drifted away from the 'well at this time, funnily enough, as in my opinion the group of players that were assembled were over-rated, over paid and under performing - on a grand scale. I've been back on board since Butcher took the helm and have by and large been astounded and grateful for what we've achieved (Malpas era aside)

I think they're entitled to moan (to an extent) and I think as others have mentioned - the press will give them the opportunity at the drop of a hat - they love having a go at us for either administration or dodging the drop. And to an extent the 'pot calling the kettle black' criticisms have to be accepted to an extent.

As a club though - we've weathered that storm and we're through the other side. The administration days are a dark cloud that hangs over everything we do and the way the club is currently run today - is absolutely bolted on to that memory. The administrators management principles have been retained and we live within our means pretty well as far as I can see.

So with that in mind - we're through administration and we're running the club on sound principles - we need to chase every pound - whether that's in the form of chasing unpaid transfer fees or trying to recoup a transfer fee for a wee ungrateful ginger runt of a boy :cheers: We can't just throw our hands up and say - "ach it's OK - just forget about the 200K - because we we mis-managed 8 years ago"

We should accept that the criticisms are justified and the folk that were affected on our going into administration are entitled to their moan - but we shouldn't really waste any time getting hung up on it.

As a going concern - we're perfectly entitled to now chase every penny we're due. And as a few have said - if we don't make money then we can't continue to pay what was agreed in the courts.

Really not surprised by this,if it was the beloved Old Firm they would be on the attack over what Cardiff has done but its only Motherwell so lets put the boot in,it happened 8 years ago,we fulfilled our legal obligation so how long are we expected to suffer for it?

And Eddie Forrest make MY blood boil,the fact he could only play for Berwick + ended up a taxi driver @ 31 shows he was grossly overpaid,unlike the office staff who were paid far less + laid off,not a mention of them from him tho. It was an unfortunate situation,count yourself lucky you got paid very well the year u were here and count yourself lucky Boyle wrote off the millions owed to him,otherwise the club wouldve folded and youd even be without your "annual pittance",dry your eyes + get on with your life you bitter tosspot

Agree totally with your first paragraph but all that other stuff sounds like an OF fans rant unfortunately.

JB's rant was probably justified but his thoughts could've been expressed with a little more tact and diplomacy than a fist clenching, head shaking rant which made us look a bit amateur. As many predicted, the divisive statements from the unfortunate lot who's contracts were cancelled by us are now littering the Scottish gutter press but in all honesty, who cares? Surely only the OF still read these crappy publications anyway??

The comparisons being made between Cardiff's current situation and ours of 8 years ago are complete bollocks. When we got to the stage that we couldn't repay our debts, we put our hands up. We proceeded through the appropriate legal channels, took our medicine and cut our cloth accordingly. Something that we're still paying for today according to Eddie Forrest (who was utter shite and a complete imposter if memory serves). What Cardiff are doing is ignoring their responsibilities to existing creditors and running up further debts regardless. If they won't or can't pay their current debts, fine. Let them do as we did, go into administration, take the points deduction and sell off the necessary assets to pay a percentage of their debts. I'd have no complaint with that but what they are doing now is plain piss taking of the highest order.

Hopefully other clubs have become aware of this and make a conscious effort to avoid doing business with Cardiff as they are clearly not to be trusted and with any luck their actions will soon catch up with them and they suffer the indignity that we suffered. Pikey bast@rds.

P.S. Mon the Dossers the night!

The hostility to the ex players is a funny one - they were due what they were due when the courts battened it down and we should ensure as a club we meet those obligations. i don't know the implications to their payments if it's 'dividend' based and we are in a loss making situation. They were very significantly affected at the time - as were a lot of employees, suppliers and club officials. Dark days as many have said.

The time passing has clouded my memory of much of the in's and outs but it could well be the administration process has yet to be fully completed, which is why Forrest may consider himself due further monies from MFC. Periodically since we came out of administration shareholders have had letters from PKF advising on any outstanding matters and certainly as recently as the court case attempting to recoup money from John Spencer the process hadn't been concluded as letters were still coming from PKF.

Over and above the agreement reached for however many pence in the pound it was, there was a commitment that money from the Spencer case would go to creditors (I can't actually remember if transfer money from the sales of Faddy and Pearson were included) and wee did get some grace to install undersoil heating in first time around which could have added to the delays in things reaching a conclusion.

It was the boards doing - they gambled on the TV money and spent money they didn't have ahead of it being in the bank - very similar to what cardiff are doing now.

i had drifted away from the 'well at this time, funnily enough, as in my opinion the group of players that were assembled were over-rated, over paid and under performing - on a grand scale. I've been back on board since Butcher took the helm and have by and large been astounded and grateful for what we've achieved (Malpas era aside)

I think they're entitled to moan (to an extent) and I think as others have mentioned - the press will give them the opportunity at the drop of a hat - they love having a go at us for either administration or dodging the drop. And to an extent the 'pot calling the kettle black' criticisms have to be accepted to an extent.

That's a fair and measured analysis I think. My recollection was that there was a fair degree of sympathy for all concerned at the time, albeit the over-riding concern was the survival of the club itself.

And this was where the sympathy began to dry up. There was an understanding that the players were shafted. It seemed however that they couldn't comprehend that in paying up what they were due and not taking the course MFC did, that there would be no MFC and they would ultimately end up with less than what they got.

Eight years later and Forrest still doesn't seem to realise it. It appears to me that several of these players, in particular Forrest and Dow cling on to being released by Motherwell as an excuse for their career failings.

As a club though - we've weathered that storm and we're through the other side. The administration days are a dark cloud that hangs over everything we do and the way the club is currently run today - is absolutely bolted on to that memory. The administrators management principles have been retained and we live within our means pretty well as far as I can see.

So with that in mind - we're through administration and we're running the club on sound principles - we need to chase every pound - whether that's in the form of chasing unpaid transfer fees or trying to recoup a transfer fee for a wee ungrateful ginger runt of a boy :( We can't just throw our hands up and say - "ach it's OK - just forget about the 200K - because we we mis-managed 8 years ago"

We should accept that the criticisms are justified and the folk that were affected on our going into administration are entitled to their moan - but we shouldn't really waste any time getting hung up on it.

As a going concern - we're perfectly entitled to now chase every penny we're due. And as a few have said - if we don't make money then we can't continue to pay what was agreed in the courts.

Again I would agree with that completely. Its to the club's credit that not only have they come through administration but we do actually appear to have learned from it.

Forrest should realise that had Motherwell not gone into administration

THERE WOULD BE NO MOTHERWELL.

If that scenario had happened How much money would he have got then ??

Nobody can be happy about what happened then but it was the option available to save the club.

Forrest says if he had been told in the January he would have been able to find another club then.

O.K. he would have gone to Berwick 3 months earlier than he did for he sure as hell wasn't going anywhere else.

Some of the other players who were so far out of the picture at Fir Park that they were told they could move on decided that hey no we will just stay at Fir Park and pick up our money for nothing.

There are players who of course deserve sympathy for what happened but there were others at Fir Park who were bleeding Motherwell dry and lining their own pockets whilst doing nothing for the club.

Anyway Motherwell did everythng legally back then and what Cardiff are doing now is a totally different thing entirely. They are trading as a company and therefore should be made to pay debts which are outstanding.

Now this morning they are saying they are signing Lee Naylor on a free.

O.K. they don't pay a trasnsfer fee but where do they get the money for a signing on fee and wages for him ?? We all know they get it from the money they should be paying to the people they owe.

By the way they are now offering to let McCormick go on loan.

Maybe JB should include him in the settlement figure.

Rant over

Mon the Dossers in Denmark

Spot on

I genuinely wonder about journalists though - as has been said, if it's to do with the Squirm, they bend over backwards, or are told to, not to offend, as it may just affect a percentage of their readership, or worse still, upset a major player, yet when one of the lesser lights fights a cause, they scour boards like these for the possibilty of digging up some dirt about the club, rather than getting behind them.

Of course I could be wrong, but God love the guy, Eddie Forrest wasn't a name that instantly sprung to mind until I saw his name on this post, and what do you know, The Scum suddenly troops him out with a tirade, that is in the part of Forrest understandable, but nonetheless negative. Easier than actually constructing story which lays out the Quinn saga from start to finish.

So be it, there will be a journalist here and there who may be prepared to go against the norm, but, clubs like ours have to stand up for themselves, regardless of the perception of the past.

MON RA DOSSERS

Agree totally with your first paragraph but all that other stuff sounds like an OF fans rant unfortunately.

Not at all, I was merely saying that he should be grateful he got anything, The Club mismanaged and paid for it with administration, the other option was the club going bust, from admin he got a percentage of what he was owed and has received an annual dividend,wether its a "pittance" or not, he has received some money, if Boyle had exercised the second option he would have got fuck all as there would be no club to pay for anything! Simple fact, not an OF fans rant

To be honest, we gave them their contracts and then ripped them up, and they have every right to be fizzing whether they were worth the money we offered them or not. They have ever right to moan imo, just as we have every right to chase Cardiff for every shekel they owe us.

Not at all, I was merely saying that he should be grateful he got anything, The Club mismanaged and paid for it with administration, the other option was the club going bust, from admin he got a percentage of what he was owed and has received an annual dividend,wether its a "pittance" or not, he has received some money, if Boyle had exercised the second option he would have got fuck all as there would be no club to pay for anything! Simple fact, not an OF fans rant

And the players paid for the clubs mismanagement with their jobs and whether they were overpaid or over rated is neither here nor there

It was Boyle who drove the club to the edge but along with lanarkshire mergers and kicking Motherwell fans out of their seats to cosy up to the OF his fuck ups seem to get swept under the carpet.

Listen there are hundreds of people who attend Fir Park on a regular basis who have had their contracts of employment ripped up because of mismanagement of some form but they have not had the privelidge of a dividend paid from their former employer for almost 8 years after their employment was terminated. It is hard but...................tough get on with it.

Listen there are hundreds of people who attend Fir Park on a regular basis who have had their contracts of employment ripped up because of mismanagement of some form but they have not had the privelidge of a dividend paid from their former employer for almost 8 years after their employment was terminated. It is hard but...................tough get on with it.

Aye because that makes it alright

Aye because that makes it alright

It doesnt make it right, but it happens and these other people never had the benefits players like Forrest had. They had to get on with their lives,

Yes MFC fucked up,yes Boyle fucked up but the club,and Boyle to the tune of millions of his own pounds,lost out. Greeting about it isnt going to change what happened,neither is dredging it up every time theres a monetary thing involving Motherwell

It doesnt make it right, but it happens and these other people never had the benefits players like Forrest had. They had to get on with their lives,

Yes MFC fucked up,yes Boyle fucked up but the club,and Boyle to the tune of millions of his own pounds,lost out. Greeting about it isnt going to change what happened,neither is dredging it up every time theres a monetary thing involving Motherwell

Well yes, but surely you must see where guys like Forrest are coming from. He sees Boyle fuming on TV, using phrases like "shameful" and "moral weight" and thinks about what happened to him. Now, I get that his ranting performance may be necessary to get "our" cash but Boyle wrote off £8 million odd of his own cash, screwed over(all perfectly legal, of course) a whole host of individuals and local businesses and kept all the valuable assets(ground,players who had ability etc) for another day. If Boyle had any business ethics(surely a contradiction,much like that fairtrade carry-on) he'd have took an £11m hit instead of a mere £8m. It was a disgrace, frankly.

Maybe if Boyle didn't try to take the moral high ground then there would be no reason for greeting or dredging it up but he set Motherwell up for a slagging with his performance on ssn.