Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Ok, you saw the game and think it was bad. Fair enough.

What I think will be very interesting to see is how our two playing styles will match. I do not have a clue how it will be like. Playing on plastic is also another game. You can not tackle as on natural grass. And speed is very important !

But I feel confident that we will bite good on thursday.

Btw I saw Breidablik was 2-0 under after 20 mins of their match today. Do not know the end resault.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree; last couple of seasons at fir park we had to kick the ball up the park as the ground was so bad. The plastic pitch will at least be flat and the atmosphere will be as good as when you go to Hearts as the sides are so steep and echo the noise back in. In fact during yesterday's game when they put the MFC crest on the video screen I gave it the big 'Come on ye well' which all the Alesund fans clapped to; imagine that happening in Glasgow! As I said very friendly fans....

Sorry I did'nt say you were a bad side I said the game was Dire! and I mean Dire! it was a terrible game and must be in the class of one of the worst I have seen in twenty years. All the guys at site today (Rangers/Celtic/ Hearts/Hibs etc) all said the same; it was a terrible game.

And as for hard tackles; I must have blinked and missed them. the ref gave so many soft fouls he was trying to make it a non contact sport.

No honestly I am not running down your club or fans who I have to say are among the best I have ever came across; and so friendly but please spare me; the game was terrible.

I am looking forward to a much better game on Thursday and may the best team win.

Worst on 20 years? than you didn't catch Breidablik - Motherwell. That was ai much more terrible game than Aafk - Vålerenga. Seriously: if you play like you did on Iceland, im really confident that we will win the tie.

pbruce, have you seen Motherwell this season yet? Just wondering if you think we will beat Aalesund based on the performances from last season or the team that played Breidablik.

I am less confident but hopefull that with two competitive games under our belt and experienced players (some now playing their 11th game in European club competition :P ) and management, that we could get the job done over the two legs.

I was home for the home game against Breidablik and my assessment of that game was that we should have had 3 to 4 goals and they had two excellent chances right at the start of the second half. The one on to the post was a sitter and would have changed the first round totally with the away goal rule. But they missed it and we got through. We watched the second game out here with a bad link to Icelandic tv and I could not pass comment too much on that game as the action freezes alot when you get a bad stream and you miss more than you see. We saw the move before the goal and then the celebrations after it but never saw the goal. I just hope wee play half decent on Thursday and have a go....

I think its part of the beauty of European football at our level is that until you actually play your opposition is its very difficult know what you are up against. And any bravado present from the opposition fans on message boards only clouds it even more.

Like one of our Norwegian guests posted earlier I don't have a clue how it'll go. I hope that as Finlay points out that the experience of both our management and team that over the piece we'll be good enough to go through but I can't say with any certainty that we will.

I think its part of the beauty of European football at our level is that until you actually play your opposition is its very difficult know what you are up against. And any bravado present from the opposition fans on message boards only clouds it even more.

Like one of our Norwegian guests posted earlier I don't have a clue how it'll go. I hope that as Finlay points out that the experience of both our management and team that over the piece we'll be good enough to go through but I can't say with any certainty that we will.

Totally. Remember how we all fancied ourselves against Nancy. Patter like 'They aren't the biggest team in France, same level as us - we can take them..' And what happened? We faced a team stronger, faster and better on the ball than us in every position!!

Likewise against Flamurtari it was the unknown, this time we thought we might scrape it and we pumped the life out them and scored EIGHT at home!!

This mob might be a tidy team with fitter and faster players that knock the ball around us or they could be just poorer than us with and we go through. Who knows?

At this stage of the Europa League its all about progressing, rather than playing with any degree of style. Given its effectively our pre-season too its understandable that we aer adopting a more conservative approach to these games.

I expect a similar line-up and tactical approach in Norway to those we had in Iceland, and if we can defend a bit better I'd hope we could return with at least a draw from the tie.

Bought my tickets for the home leg just there on the online booking bit, not much sold. Wonder if people might be waiting to see the outcome from the trip to norway before splashing out.

I have family in norway and from what they tell me seems like we have every reason to be confident. My only concern was the defence looked abit shaky in iceland at time but i'm sure with those two matches under our belt it will stand us in good stead. I'm confident we will win, but I'd happily take a score draw. Mon the well.

How many of you scots are coming to ålesund then? Will be nice to meet some of you. :)

Would love to but keeping my money for the next round mate. B-)

In all seriousness I spent all my money going to Iceland to sadly will have to sit this endeavour out.

Well, I am sorry to see that you have already found out what a terrible team Aalesund is. B-)

That's why we had 9 corners in Saturday's game, and big-shot Vålerenga nil.

And that's why we had to send John Arne Riise abroad.

Yet, a fellow countryman of yours, a Sir Ferguson, is right now checking out the quality of our goalie:

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/norsk/artik...?artid=10035349

"Manchester United wants Lindegaard".

MONNNNNNNN THEEE WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 DAYSSSSSSSS!

Yet, a fellow countryman of yours, a Sir Ferguson, is right now checking out the quality of our goalie:

He will change his mind when Motherwell fire 12 in against him B-)

Well, I am sorry to see that you have already found out what a terrible team Aalesund is. B-)

That's why we had 9 corners in Saturday's game, and big-shot Vålerenga nil.

And that's why we had to send John Arne Riise abroad.

In Scotland you don't win football games by the number of corners you win.