Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree on the 50-50. But be carefull, we're a pretty good away team:)

scottish sides tend to be pretty good at home and terrible away as has been shown by aberdeen,hearts and the OF recently so for Aaelesund to go through you'll need to win the home game.

i'll feel a right daft arse if they beat us at fp now. :thumbup:

Got a bad feelin about the away leg. Hope I am wrong. Need our players to make sure they nail each pass and starve them of the ball. Can't see us doing that let alone many teams in the world. would play 4 2 3 1 formation reverting to a 5 in mid.

sutton up top with murphy forbes and humphrey two in front of the defence lasley and probably hately or jennings to protect the back 4. Would play page as I seem to recall him being fairly tall. Not McGhee 6 foot four tall but tall enough.

think we will lose 2-0. Up against a better team, well into there season and on an artificial surface.

would love to be wrong and like many here think an away goal would be fecking magnificent.

Now anyone know if there will be a live feed or is it just the radio?

i agree on the 50-50. But be carefull, we're a pretty good away team:)

You've lost 4 out of your last 5 away games with a goal difference of -7. In total 4 away wins out of 9, three of which were against the bottom three teams in the league.

Just a note: We are Aalesund or Aafk, not Aalesunds..skip the "s" :thumbup:

I think we played a good game against Valerenga and won 1-0 yesterday. You have a Bruce guy on another thread trying to make you believe that we are a really bad side, but he is so dead wrong.

The Tippeliga is not that bad and the pace of the game is quite fast with hard tackles. Motherwell will have to be 100% concentrated trough 90 min+ if they are not to be punished. And they will be I think.

This will be fun ! :lol:

Just a note: We are Aalesund or Aafk, not Aalesunds..skip the "s" :lol:

I think we played a good game against Valerenga and won 1-0 yesterday. You have a Bruce guy on another thread trying to make you believe that we are a really bad side, but he is so dead wrong.

The Tippeliga is not that bad and the pace of the game is quite fast with hard tackles. Motherwell will have to be 100% concentrated trough 90 min+ if they are not to be punished. And they will be I think.

This will be fun ! :D

With all due respect Daggad, our friend Mr. Bruce has been living in Aalesund for nearly a year and has seen your team play many times. On AAFK's current form, Motherwell should win the tie over the two legs, but it won't be easy.

I like your stadium. ;)

I think Mr.Bruce is the best person to listen to. He has seen us, and he knows M'well alot. To be honest, I have no clue how good AaFK are compared to you guys. We have gotten alot better since last year, but we have absolutely none experience playing important matches agaist foreign teams. You are having your 3.rd spell playing in Europe, and experience is important. Look how rubbish Man.Utd was 15 yrs ago playing in Europe, now they have gotten euro experience, and are to be counted almost every year.

We might be better, but there is also a chance we are totally overrun by you guys. Time will tell, and we are looking forward to this experience. We will do our best to make it something ppl are talking about years to follow :lol:

I'm quite hopeful of getting through with Jack and Victor at the helm. They have got so much experience to bring to the squad that it should stand them in good stead in getting through this tie.

One thing that worries me though, is going forward we lack creativity and a real cutting edge up front. I reckon if Aalesund score 2 goals over the 2 games we could be struggling to make it through.

I'd be happy with a 2-1 loss over there. Fearing the worst. If we were at equal stages of each others season then I'd be fairly confident

We're favourites with the bookies to progress though

Certainly wouldn't be a disaster. Would be delighted with a score draw and over the moon if we sneak a 1-0 win.

I think the important thing is to score and if we get beat do our best to make sure it is only by one goal. If we have to defend like hell then so be it. Would expect a simlilar team and formation to the one that played in Iceland.

According to someone on P&B, they beat Valerenga - 2nd in league - yesterday (apologies if it's been mentioned, haven't read right through the thread.

Must have seen the game somehow and here's what he had to say

Aalesund 1 - 0 Våleranga

As a previous poster mentioned, Våleranga are 2nd in the league and this result looks good however the scoreline does not refelct the match at all. Våleranga controlled the match from the start and missed several opportunities to take the lead. Aalesund were shaky at the back throughout and went behind but the goal was chalked off due to an accidental handball. Aalesund rode their luck and, to my astonishment, grabbed a winner at the end thanks to a goalkeeping error.

There are a lot of positives to take from this performance from a Well point of view.

According to someone on P&B, they beat Valerenga - 2nd in league - yesterday (apologies if it's been mentioned, haven't read right through the thread.

Must have seen the game somehow and here's what he had to say

Vålerenga is the best attacking team in Norway. That we would have to defend a little against them was no surprise. They have some great players that are being watched by big clubs.

I hope Motherwell stay low with their team on thursday as that is suicide when we have a tall player like Årøy. Teams that stand low has to defens many crosses. If you attack us more we will have more trouble. Årøy is no counter attack player at all, so we will have to count on our wingers in that case.

Should be exciting games though :mellow:

Only 90k euros per round ........ it'll be costing the Club more to get to Iceland then Alesund :nod:

Here's hoping we get thru and land a couple of bumper TV type opponents at home and easy to get to places for the away games.

the club eventually recoup a fair bit of the travel money back :lol:

You have a Bruce guy on another thread trying to make you believe that we are a really bad side, but he is so dead wrong.

The Tippeliga is not that bad and the pace of the game is quite fast with hard tackles.

Sorry I did'nt say you were a bad side I said the game was Dire! and I mean Dire! it was a terrible game and must be in the class of one of the worst I have seen in twenty years. All the guys at site today (Rangers/Celtic/ Hearts/Hibs etc) all said the same; it was a terrible game.

And as for hard tackles; I must have blinked and missed them. the ref gave so many soft fouls he was trying to make it a non contact sport.

No honestly I am not running down your club or fans who I have to say are among the best I have ever came across; and so friendly but please spare me; the game was terrible.

I am looking forward to a much better game on Thursday and may the best team win.