Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be my prediction.if we defend crosses and corners like we did in both games then you'd think a better team with big forwards would take more advantage.think an away goal is very important for our chances and if we don't get 1 i'd be surprised if we go through.

Big forwards =/= good in the air/set pieces. Did you not see Zigic at the world cup? Same, you don't need monsters built like a brick shit house/tall defenders to be able to defend against taller players either.

milo, aye they created a fair few chances, but if teams went through on chances alone then we would have had the Blik game done and dusted by half-time in the First Leg.

I have big concerns about our defense at the moment. Losing sixteen goals in five games at the end of last season may be a freak but I have seen nothing to suggest that we are any more solid at the back.

I suppose the arguement is that we have played 180 mins in Europe and not conceeded but we could have lost four or five goals across the two games had Briedablik been more clinical in front of goal.

What concerns me further is that Craig Brown seems to feel that the strength of the team lies in the two central defenders. That may suggest playing the same tactics again in Norway. The success last night I felt was down to Jennings being superb and a large slice of good fortune.

If Aalesunds are a step up in quality (which we have to assume they are given that they are a pro team) I am going to go for a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat in Norway as I can't see us keeping a clean sheet and with one up front (though Murphy was immense last night) the chances of scoring are slim. May be overly negative but those are my thoughts.

I have big concerns about our defense at the moment. Losing sixteen goals in five games at the end of last season may be a freak but I have seen nothing to suggest that we are any more solid at the back.

We have just played two games and kept a clean sheet in both of them.

As for Aaselund, well we essentially know feck all about them. All I do know is that Rosenborg just edged past Linfield 2-0 on Agg and are they not the top team in Norway?

Also Charlie Miller managed to get a game in their league and he is a fat bastard.

I think they will give us a game but I think we will win the tie. They finished 13th last season, played 30, won 9, drew 9, lost 12, scored 34 and conceded 43. They are sitting 5th just now after 17 games so they have obviously improved but I'm confident we will get through this tie if we can get a half decent result in Norway.

Aye and Rosenborg look likely to lift the title again this season.

Valerenga are the next biggest team by the looks of it.

Although Aalesunds seem to be having a decent season, and sitting 5th in their league.

After much careful consideration about how to tell the wife, thats me now booked up...

London Gatwick to Oslo to Aalesund on Wednesday night and back the same way on Friday.

Now to go and tell the missus :wallbash::doh:

That you having to stay overninght in Oslo Wednesday?

That you having to stay overninght in Oslo Wednesday?

Thought about staying overnight in Oslo but there was a flight to Aalesund 50mins after landing at Oslo so decided on that and should be there about 10.40 after leaving gatwick at 5.30pm.

Cant wait :cheers:

Thought about staying overnight in Oslo but there was a flight to Aalesund 50mins after landing at Oslo so decided on that and should be there about 10.40 after leaving gatwick at 5.30pm.

Cant wait :cheers:

flying in tae the same airport?

looked in to that from newcastle but miles apart for connection,9 seater now booked as the mini boogie tour :D

flying in tae the same airport?

looked in to that from newcastle but miles apart for connection,9 seater now booked as the mini boogie tour :cheers:

I'm alright, same airline all the way - SAS - and same airport for connection......

Dont fancy the mini bus - I remember what the van looked like after trips to Aberdeen :D :D

If you exclude Rangers and Celtic, the Tippeligaen is probably as good as the SPL, if not slightly better overall.

Aalesund are currently fourth with 18 matches played so perhaps you could expect them to be a similar standard as Hearts or St. Johnstone normally but perhaps under the circumstances (they are in mid season we are just starting) it would be more the equivalent of a Hibs or Dundee Utd.

We'd probably expect to beat those teams at home, less so away. I think it will be a tight affair, probably about 50/50 and it could come down to a wee bit of luck.