Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An article in the local newspaper in Ålesund. Its titled: Let the scots come!

http://fotball.smp.no/uefa/article175392.ece (Arnefjord and Arneng dresses up as scots in the pic)

– Its hard to tell what it takes, Arneng says.

The captain was asked what it takes to stop the scots. But some assumptions he has

– Its hard to tell how good they really are, but they have experience in Europe from previous seasons. They will most likely stay low with their team away, Arnengs says.

Experience

The swede has Europe experience on is concious from his time in Vålerenga and know what makes these games so special.

– There is a big difference from home and away games. The whole thing is special because you play 2 games and nothing is near settled after the first one. But to score away is really valuable and we have to try not conciding at home.

But we will have homegoals, and the receipe is quite simple:

–We will bring a good result when we travel over to them, and then its all about not letting them have anything. In addition to that we will try to score and avoid counter attacks from Motherwell.

– What are you going to bring from the Vålerenga game?

– Moral og workrate. Even though we didnt play that well we kept trying and got our reward in the end.

Skiri

Noone has caught any injuries in training this week, and Kjetil Rekdal can report that only Amund Skiri is the only one out. Several players to choose from is nice in this tight program.

Also the good support from the crowd will help us.

– I hope there will be a full stadium tomorrow. The Europacup is a great experience for the players, club and the supporters. I hope that as many as possible will come to see us and I think its a great occasion. We need all the support we can have, and have them all behind us, smiles Arneng.

They really think the game is in the bag from what I can gather. Well, underestimate Motherwell at your peril.

Wouldn't the first round of the old UEFA Cup be the rough equivalent of the play-off stages (which would be next)?

Whilst i'm not quite as dismissive of Aalesund as Motherwell89, I really don't see any reason to fear them.

Unless i'm mistaken the best they've managed in recent times is 11th in their league, which isn't exactly the strongest, and they haven't played in Europe before.

This is our third consecutive season in Europe, and we've been punching above our weight domestically in recent times.

I'll take a 1-1 draw in Norway, and a decent win at Fir Park.

I'll take a 1-1 draw in Norway, and a decent win at Fir Park.

As I'm sure everybody would. As with most of our European ties so far, this is another step into the unknown and by no means one that we cant overcome.

Am I the only one who thinks the standard of football in Norway is far higher than it is here? On technical ability alone we cant even begin to compare, I think we'l get a good doing over two legs and will be lucky to score.

Don't know if aynone else has noticed, but on their official website, there is a direct link to this one....Fansen.........

Ref from Luxembourg for tomorrow night (no complete stranger to Scottish clubs... Ref 1, Slovak next week (not exactly shy on the card front.... Card Happy....... Noticed Hibs have that Ref who missed Henry's handball against Ireland.

AaFK held Rosenborg in a draw when they played earlier this season..... Rosenborg is playing qualification for Champions Leauge.....so this will not be any easy match for Well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5H-jjWm19o

So did Linfield.

I don't think it matters who or what each team have done before. It all matters on the night. We'll need to be at our best though, of that I have no doubt.

To be honest i think AaFK will crush Motherwell tomorrow by 4-0

1: We're in mid-season. Well is lacking competitive match training.

2: We have more players with experience from the International teams than Well

3: We are better on artificial grass than Well.

4: Well has lost 5,6 players from last season.

But, as we say in Norway CUP IS CUP! You never know!

Good Luck!

To be honest i think AaFK will crush Motherwell tomorrow by 4-0

But, as we say in Norway CUP IS CUP! You never know!

Good Luck!

I can see your point on that but a draw or even a defeat with an away goal tomorrow and I think the tie is majorly in our favour. I said 2-1 Aalesund after the Breidablik game but I'm drifting towards 1-1 now. I think our defence is solid and I'm always confident our strikers will get us a goal.

As for what I know you have two keyplayers. The first is in the Central Defence, an old solid Stephen Craigan.

The second is John William Michael Sutton , who scored 21 goals in 2008.....And maybe that Murphy guy for a third. For the rest I dont know, maybe you can mention?

Remember that the speed is much faster than on natural grass, so I think your R&L defenders will be overun by our fast wing players.....

We have a few games under our belt now :)

Most of our players are England/Scotland.. very hard to brake into the national teams, especially when the bulk off our squad is under 21 ;) Stephen Craigan though has captained his country ;)

Wouldn't be so sure of that... we trained on it last winter... our players have no issue with it ;)

4 worth mentioning, but we have a strong line up with no injuries so not really a problem yet.. will be later in the SPL....

AaFK will crush Motherwell tomorrow by 4-0

an i thought i was being positive ^_^

good luck :P