Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaag, how can you make such predictions about a team you know nothing about :woop:

And I DONT CARE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE!

Breidablik, Falkirk, Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool, we will take them all.

Cause we are the well. And that's all that matters! We will win, lose or draw.. but I refuse to go into any game with the attitude of settling for a small defeat. Sure if you set your heights higher you have a bigger fall, at least you have a chance. But if you set them to low you won't get any-ware and submit to defeat before it even begins.

And that sadly is the talk that leaves you with very little credibility and no one will take anything you say serious. To think our team will get beat in Norway, or even Glasgow, doesn't show a lack of support or knowledge. It actually shows the opposite....that we will continue supporting our team when we are against the odds and be ready to go on to the next game, and the one after, and so on if we fall short.

The fact you are ready to proclaim a Motherwell victory against everyone (which I am certain you will continue to do regardless of your claims above) makes you look a wee bit silly and that you have been following football and Motherwell F.C. since we drew 6-6 with Hibs.

And that sadly is the talk that leaves you with very little credibility and no one will take anything you say serious. To think our team will get beat in Norway, or even Glasgow, doesn't show a lack of support or knowledge. It actually shows the opposite....that we will continue supporting our team when we are against the odds and be ready to go on to the next game, and the one after, and so on if we fall short.

The fact you are ready to proclaim a Motherwell victory against everyone (which I am certain you will continue to do regardless of your claims above) makes you look a wee bit silly and that you have been following football and Motherwell F.C. since we drew 6-6 with Hibs.

Wow.... still not getting it...

I BELIEVE

We can beat anyone, and quite rightly so.

The way your saying it is, you only voice your support for them when they win.

I support them every game. No matter who we are playing. No matter what the result.

The key thing here is the word "support" supporting is not quietly hoping for a lucky win. Its urging your team on to beat EVERYONE AND ANYONE.

WE CAN BEAT EVERYONE AND ANYONE.

11 men Vs 11 men, anything can happen, and believing in the players we have goes along way. Rather than slagging them for bad performances.. shouting abuse at your own players..

Believing in Motherwell FC.

Nothing is impossible.

I BELIEVE

I support them every game. No matter who we are playing. No matter what the result.

The key thing here is the word "support" supporting is not quietly hoping for a lucky win. Its urging your team on to beat EVERYONE AND ANYONE.

WE CAN BEAT EVERYONE AND ANYONE.

11 men Vs 11 men, anything can happen, and believing in the players we have goes along way. Rather than slagging them for bad performances.. shouting abuse at your own players..

Believing in Motherwell FC.

Nothing is impossible.

:)

Well said!

Steelmenonline needs more like you!!!

I salute you sir!

There is nothing worse than listening to folk on here who are beat before they set foot out the front door to go to the game.

Well said!

I salute you sir!

I suspect it has more to do with the fact this guy is probably in his teens and has not endured 30+ years of dismal let downs.

That said it is refreshing and I for one hope your enthusiasm and confidence is not misplaced!

Well said!

I salute you sir!

There is nothing worse than listening to folk on here who are beat before they set foot out the front door to go to the game.

I actually find it more refreshing to hear Scottish football fans speaking realistically about our teams chances rather than the 'we have not heard of them so they must be rubbish' dross we have been used to in the past. This team have Swedish and Norwegian first team internationalists playing for them so apart from anything else it would be arrogant and disrespectful to assume that the result is a foregone conclusion.

I think all we can say with any confidence is that if Well do progress in this tie it will be the best European result to date. Hopefully not being disrespectful to the likes of Llannelli, Flamurtari and Breadablik but this will be a step up in the standard of opposition.

I admire Motherwell89's enthusiasm and optimism and wish I was the same but experiencing the defeat's by My Pa 47 and Katowice as well as watching other Scottish teams in Europe really struggle at this time (eg Rangers v Kaunas) makes me very wary.

To think our team will get beat in Norway, or even Glasgow, doesn't show a lack of support or knowledge. It actually shows the opposite....that we will continue supporting our team when we are against the odds and be ready to go on to the next game, and the one after, and so on if we fall short.

I BELIEVE

:D

I actually find it more refreshing to hear Scottish football fans speaking realistically about our teams chances rather than the 'we have not heard of them so they must be rubbish' dross we have been used to in the past. This team have Swedish and Norwegian first team internationalists playing for them so apart from anything else it would be arrogant and disrespectful to assume that the result is a foregone conclusion.

I think all we can say with any confidence is that if Well do progress in this tie it will be the best European result to date. Hopefully not being disrespectful to the likes of Llannelli, Flamurtari and Breadablik but this will be a step up in the standard of opposition.

I admire Motherwell89's enthusiasm and optimism and wish I was the same but experiencing the defeat's by My Pa 47 and Katowice as well as watching other Scottish teams in Europe really struggle at this time (eg Rangers v Kaunas) makes me very wary.

And that is why the league is packaged,advertised and reported about in the media the way it is.

If we dont start actually backing our players instead of blasting them for every wayward pass then it can only get worse.

We are in Europe and should enjoy every minute of it.

As Motherwell89 has said it could be Man Utd vs Motherwell but that means fack all when they step onto the pitch.

Motherwell on a good day could give a few scares to any club.........not saying we'd win though :D

And that is why the league is packaged,advertised and reported about in the media the way it is.

If we dont start actually backing our players instead of blasting them for every wayward pass then it can only get worse.

We are in Europe and should enjoy every minute of it.

yes but it is not a case of blasting Motherwell, it's a case of giving respect too and having an understanding of the strength of the opposition. I am enjoying every minute of the Euro experience and in some ways our Euro adventures over the last few seasons have re-ignited my passion for the Well but that does not go hand in hand with having a false impression of our chances of progression in this tie.