Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

Every time this happens there's a feeling of Motherwell heading rapidly downhill. It hasn't happend, nor will it. We'll pick ourselves up and get on with it regardless.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time this happens there's a feeling of Motherwell heading rapidly downhill. It hasn't happend, nor will it. We'll pick ourselves up and get on with it regardless.

agreed, will be a big loss to Motherwell though, Not just from Craig's experience but from his contacts.. will be a shame if he leaves

Currently on BBC Scotland. Interview with CB from today. They will reconsider the Aberdeen offer to be 'in contention' for the job, however, they haven't done it yet. The hint was that John Boyle might need to make assurances to keep them i.e. squad.

According to Traynor and Young, Brown is keen, Knox isn't and they are using the situation to their advantage with regards to Motherwell.

STV report that Brown has spoken again to Aberdeen today. Unhappy with the lack of transfer cash at Fir Park as well. What on Earth makes him think Aberdeen have any more than we do?!?!?!

we obviously don,t know the full talk details, but, should they go all respect for them, well gone. they had also better postpone next saturday,s game at pittodrie cause if the media think our fans gave mark mcghee grief after he left us, the tin hats will be required & heavy duty ear-muffs for messrs brown & knox. it,s really surreal all this uncertainty :lol:

According to Traynor and Young, Brown is keen, Knox isn't and they are using the situation to their advantage with regards to Motherwell.

They'd be quite right anaw. They've done a wee turn for Motherwell,sometimes that needs to be rewarded - not necessarily financially but with some re-assurances. Ye canny ask the man to produce success after success.

Think they were always going to use their wee bit of reputation just now for one last hurray ....

mayby not.

Honestly, I could understand more if it was a club on the up with money to spend etc, but Aberdeen have a long way to go yet before they even begin to turn around. They are stuck in the 80s attitude-wise, and have absolutely no money to spend. They will have to sell before they spend, the attraction to that job is baffling right now.

I can't fucking believe this to be honest. This "will he, won't he" pish is absolute torture. He said no once, he then says no again coupled with stuff like "committed to Motherwell" etc, and still isn't over it would appear.

If Broon had went at the first approach I would've been shocked stunned and gutted. If he goes after the second approach coupled with all the very strong clear commitments to Motherwell he deserves to be absolutely slaughtered and should inatantly lose any respect anyone anywhere has for him.

I will be furious and you can pretty much write off me ever listeninng to what any Motherwell player or manager says ever again.

Money for players in January to change squad. Brown has agreed or just about to agree to become new Motherwell manager. Will be confirmed by 8pm apparently.

Talk of McGhee returning already.

Aberdeen fans saying "BRILLIANT" etc. Funny how Milne has found money for transfers, wonder where he got the several million it'd need to turn that squad around.

Jut watched the Beeb interview - don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out broon!

All this pish about not needing contracts and being grateful for the chance of management at his age is starting to leave a sour taste in the mouth now. You knew the budget at Fir Park when you took the job and the squad you have have taken you to the brink of Europa Cup league stages, a league cup semi and the dizzy heights on third in the SPL. To be holding the owner of the club at ransom over a transfer budget is more than a bit naughty, even worse so when it is to go to Aberdeen.

I'm not bothered whether he stays or goes now, as McGhee did when Hearts were offering him a job at Tynecastle, he has courted them for long enough and has shown that the commitment that he speaks of from the players is something that he does not wish to practice himself.

Well...really don't understand it myself. I don't know if Archie will go with him this time,i really don't.

All i would say from Craig broon is this,i hope he has got REAL assurances and doesn't turn up at Aberdeen and get told he's been duped and theres heehaw to work with.

I really don't see it working out well. Never know though.

Knox for Motherwell??

so much for a soft spot for Motherwell blah blah blah... I would seem he is full of urine. Always had my suspicions about him. Not as if he's not got previous for crapping on someone or others to get what he wants or to protect his own image. Gentleman? He aint any better than McGhoo.

Hopefully, Archie stays. I reckon he's the main man anyhow.