Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

Makes Broonie's words in the first interview with Chico seem all the more carefully-chosen -- "if we're not going to Aberdeen, you can take it that we're not going anywhere else unless Motherwell get rid of us" (or words to that effect).... i.e. if he does go now, I don't think we can actually accuse him of going back on anything he's known to have said (rather than anything he's reported to have said).

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought the talks between Broon/Knox and aberdeen were to decide whether or not he was to be considered as a possible new manager for them?

Surely a more formal interview process would take place with other candidates?

Everyone knows this is rubbish. It is a way of speaking to Brown/Knox, offering them the job, and if they knock it back the guy that DOES get it, doesn't get hit with the 'second choice' tag.

Saturday's game being postponed is a blessing now imo.

i thought the talks between Broon/Knox and aberdeen were to decide whether or not he was to be considered as a possible new manager for them?

Surely a more formal interview process would take place with other candidates?

He should still go if that was the case! Can you imagine him taking part in the interview process no getting it then managing us against them in the next match?

No fucking way. GET TO FUCK NOW BROON WHETHER YOU TAKE THE SHEEP JOB OR NOT!!! :lol:

Can't believe the irony in wanting McGoo to get sacked for the last 16 months. :ph34r:

I'd laugh, but the situation is far from funny.

If Brown has indeed left, I think this is far worse than McGhee's final few months. What a bloody disgrace.

Not that I give two shits about any Aberdeen fan, but how can they possibly welcome such a lying hypocrite as their new manager, who clearly only says what other people want to hear to make himself sound good?

I'm not jumping to any conclusions but I'd be extremely disappointed if he were to leave for Aberdeen. McGhee's walking testament to the fact that the board up there will promise more than they can deliver. Any manager taking that job's on a hiding to nothing. Okay, so it's a good time as you can't really do any worse than McGhee but really, there's no light at the end of the tunnel there until they sort out their boardroom.

We don't have much (any?) money so it's not an easy gig. However, we do have a better squad than Aberdeen. Smaller, definitely, but on average I'd say we have the better players.

Aberdeen were once a big club, but not any more. Nowadays they're a diddy club, like the rest of us outside Edinburgh and Glasgow and it's about time they realised it. Sure, they have potential to get better but there's a lot of dead wood that needs to be removed (at all levels of their club) before they can even begin to think about realising any of it.

If Brown goes and it looks likely that this will happen then F**k him!! We have lost better than him and survived. He has done a great job for us as did McGhee but that I'm afraid that will be forgotten. Even if he did stay I would find it hard to believe a word he had to say.

On another note why were Brown and Knox never given a contract by Boyle/Dempster. No matter how 'nice' people appear surely a professional business person would have the sense to get them to sign a contract. Why the silence from Boyle/Dempster and the club just now???

They already paid us for a 'good' manager who turned out to be garbage. Now they want his replacement at Fir Park for nothing. Well, let them.

He is 70 years of age and has always been too ambitious for his limited talents. He has done well for us by using our young squad plus some Gannon buys and can look forward to some of the same at Pittodrie. If he does not succeed he can slip away into oblivion. If he can turn them around he will die a hero in their bloodshot red eyes. My biggest fear is he will take some Motherwell players with him!

I watched him on telly there claiming he was looking for 'divine intervention'! Well if you can't make your own mind up at 70 then it's medical intervention you need.

Whatever he decides I think its time we started looking for a new manager. Do we really pay so badly?

Mr Brown has shit in the nest and can never be trusted again.

Sack him on the basis of the following;

"Over the past couple of months it has become abundantly clear that the manager was not fully committed to the club and, despite our best efforts, he repeatedly refused to sign a contract."

All together now, Craig Brown Child Protector

:ph34r: