389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bop said the other day that he hadn't been mentioned yet, so if he knows who it is it's prob someone mentioned in the last day. Seems kind of suspicious that he commented immediately after Jay mentioned Boy George though.

The Boy George claim was just to try and deflect attention away from the reality.

Wednesday afternoon will see the unveiling at Fir Park of a Tommy Pickles and Chuckie Finster managerial dream team.

Nobody knows anything at this point. It's always fun to watch "the insiders" drop bullshit hints and everyone else to go daft over them.

Get with the programme... Bop does :thumbup: Look, he's even been kind enough to tell you...

The new gaffer has been mentioned already though. Good times.

doesn't mention his need for a 'rape alarm' from one of the board for the info :D

You're right though, dropping of bullshit hints makes for good sport for 'the insiders', good for the local economy too...

Pampers-Logo.jpg

sales go through the roof on account of the porridge dribblers on here.

:thumbup:

This thread has turned brilliant.

Keegan would be brilliant, however (and sadly) it won't be him, Phil Brown, Martin O'Neill, Ricky Sbragia, Chris Hughton, Sam Allardyce, or, Gary Megson. Or Billy Dodds (hopefully).

Calderwood or Stubbs in my opinion. Won't be disappointed if I'm wrong right enough and it is someone else. Won't be from the above list though no matter how much milk and cookies we leave out for Santa.

Fair enough, I'm sure we'd all like to see a highly successful manager who will stay with us for the next ten years, qualifying for Europe consistently, winning the odd cup, but we're Motherwell it's not going to happen.

A long term manager at Motherwell, in this day and age, is one with limited ability or lack of ambition. Terry Butcher you could say was different, but I think this is his level, where perhaps the likes of Gannon or Brown could manage at perhaps a higher level, but even when he left Motherwell I felt he had taken us as far as he could and a fresh face would be good (although looking back, given that fresh face was Malpas I was wrong).

If the push comes to the shove, and you offered me a loyal, stable manager like perhaps Gus MacPherson who managed us to 9th and 10th place finishes year after year, or what we've had recently, I'd taken recent events in a second, albeit we've been left with a sour taste in our mouths at times.

Loyalty is so rare in football now, I think I'd much rather see us gub a team 8-1 in Europe, than watch us get narrowly beaten by a Championship team in a friendly played at snail's pace. A manager with ambition to further himself tends to hold us in good stead, if you take our past four managers for example. McGhee left us in far better shape than Malpas did, Gannon left us in far better shape than McGhee did, Brown left us in far better shape than Gannon did.

If we appoint the right manager and he does a good job and continues to move the club forward, if after a season or two a bigger club comes in for him, I wouldn't hold any grudges, providing he conducted it in a dignified manner. I'd much rather than than see the club stagnate under a "stable" manager.

Whoever the new manager is, whatever is background or previous experience is, I for one will be getting right behind him. As long as it's not Mark McGhee.

I disagree. It is possible to find a loyal manager who has the same ambitions as the club if you look hard enough. It may be unlikely, but it isn't impossible. I'm sorry but I don't buy into the idea that all good managers are 100% guaranteed to see us a stepping stone. I think too many of us are bogged down in our pessimism. Seems like an epidemic among Motherwell fans. Dare to dream people, let's drop the cynicism. Negative thinking begets negative results

I disagree. It is possible to find a loyal manager who has the same ambitions as the club if you look hard enough. It may be unlikely, but it isn't impossible. I'm sorry but I don't buy into the idea that all good managers are 100% guaranteed to see us a stepping stone. I think too many of us are bogged down in our pessimism. Seems like an epidemic among Motherwell fans. Dare to dream people, let's drop the cynicism. Negative thinking begets negative results

That isn't the point though. If we get a manager that does an exceptional job and a 'bigger' team come in for him then so be it. As long as he acts in a proper manner and keeps his dignity then I wouldn't grudge him a move to bigger and better things. That is if it is bigger and better things and not to Aberdeen. I am all for ambitious managers coming here as long as they have something to back it up with.

That isn't the point though. If we get a manager that does an exceptional job and a 'bigger' team come in for him then so be it. As long as he acts in a proper manner and keeps his dignity then I wouldn't grudge him a move to bigger and better things. That is if it is bigger and better things and not to Aberdeen. I am all for ambitious managers coming here as long as they have something to back it up with.

And as long as they give us a few years first surely?

I'm going to add fuel o the Bop speculating. Someone told me 3 big names Bop had mentioned to them recently.... now if only I could remember what they were...BIG, BIG names as well.