389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you reckon they've been sneeking applicants into the POD as if they were on the way to the Old Bailey with a blanket?

Don't think I've ever seen this level of secrecy over any footballing appointment in recent years.

I’m sure the interviews would have been held at Hamilton Portfolio in Glasgow. A lot easier to sneak/interview a potential candidate there than Fir Park. If the press where really concerned then this would have been the place to be.

Could it not just be the case that the journo don't really give a flying santa about whats going on and their lack of effort results in a lack of info. Lets face it wee Chick Young is not going to have been busting a gut to find out over these last few days. Just does not sell papers in the same way as a cheeky wee article about Walter Smiths last fart would.

My thoughts exactly. Had they been interested enough to find out they would have.

I'd be surprised if it was Fenlon as I think it would have been leaked in Ireland by now if he was coming to us.

There was a direct quote from Fenlon about his interest in the Motherwell job. Not to say that we ever acted upon it though.

"I'd be very interested in the position. They have my CV so I'll wait and see what happens.

I'd imagine it would be big news in the Irish press. Even Chic Young would find it impossible not to blindly stagger face first into that story.

As he has sent his CV to the club you would like to think his name was at least mentioned as a potential replacement for Craig Brown. Money may be a problem as I’m not sure what compensation Bohemians would be due if he left. He is held in high regard in Ireland and the mere fact Dundee United pursued him would suggest he has probably got what it takes to manage an SPL side.

Twitter: Scott Burns-Scottish Daily Express/Star is running with a story that Motherwell have offered the position to first choice but man in question has refused first offer.

At least we know its a man now <_>

Probably why they are keeping under wraps - so that if 1st option goes south, we can turn to option 2...truth will always come out.

Would not be like Motherwell for it to go too smoothly. Here's hoping we find out b4 Xmas.

Sunday will see the focus turn to the action on the pitch at Motherwell for 90 minutes, but there is still plenty of intrigue behind the scenes as the board earnestly searches for the man who will replace Craig Brown at the ‘Well helm.

Gordon Young has already confirmed he does not wish to be considered for the role, but he is more than happy to take temporary charge for as long as it takes to find the perfect candidate.

“Regardless of what happens in the interim with regard to an appointment we will continue to work and do what we’re doing in preparation for Boxing Day,” he confirmed.

“My understanding is that the club has had a fantastic volume of applicants, and quality of applicants. Therefore we are doing our due diligence and taking our time to get the right candidate and when he does come in we have the platform already in place for him to hit the ground running.

Whoever the new boss is, he will be hoping the likes of Alan Gow, Nick Blackman and John Sutton stick around for the foreseeable future. With several contracts approaching their expiry dates the wheels are in motion to secure the future of several ‘Well stars.

“Without pre-empting anything, it seems that the players who are approaching expiry are keen to stay,” a positive Gordon Young insisted. “But I can understand a player waiting to see who a new manager is before signing; having said that, the way the players are treated here and with how close the group is I think there is a good chance they will stay.

This is from the Motherwell website. Reading through it, it doesnt sound to me that the board will have someone in place and are taking their time. Now that could just be me looking to much into it but i have a really bad feeling that we wont have someone in for this side by the New Year