389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

Cheers dosser.

That would be good, give the team and fans a bit of a boost before the Rangers game.

On a side note does any of the other posters remember our inside informant, mondawell I think his name was, he used to keep us up to date will all Fir Park info. Whatever he said came true, ie re players, managemnet etc. Could be doing with him just now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes mate its a defo, dont know of the reasons why its been turned down but he has. reckon it will get sorted and we will see him paraded on boxing day though

Ricky Sbragia has emerged as Motherwell’s main target to be their new manager.

The 54-year-old Scot currently works as Sunderland’s chief scout, having previously been boss.

It is believed Well chief executive Leeann Dempster is working hard to land him before Sunday’s game with Rangers.

from the glasgow evening times

Imagine john hartson hay. Now that's someone who would give 110%

Seriously though, whoever he is we should get behind him 100%

I do believe though that they need to get him in asap. Being so far behind in games and the Christmas period we really do need the players motivated and at there best like.

Tommy Sheridan With Billy Davies as assistant standing in until such time as Sheridan is released.

I'm sure with Sheridan will have no trouble getting a dodgy phone smuggled into BarL so he can keep in touch with the other mad shagger during match times..

Ricky Sbragia turned down the initial approach but Motherwell are still hopeful of getting him. Wages are not the problem it's the budget or lack of it for players that's the problem.

To be honest I cant see what this guy has that makes him a stand out choice ,54 years old and apart from a brief stint as caretaker manager at Sunderland has no managerial experience at all. I'm not saying I dont want him as our manager but hes not the be all and end all of the search.

i heard chick young earlier saying sbragia wasnt taking the job and hes pretty certain sutton and mccall arent being considered anymore.billy dodds was saying he expects boyle to pull somebody out the hat that hasnt been mentioned so far

As said above Chick Young ( :thumbup: ) says Sbragia has turned down job and is no longer an option. Apparently Club not interested in McCall either. Goes without question that we won't have a manager for Boxing Day. I'm not even convinced we will have one for the Celtic game.

Few of the BBC pundits don't believe Stubbs, Sutton, or Hartson are possibilities either.

Not sure what the next step is.

Not sure what the next step is.

The next step is to hammer home to any potential new boss that we have NO MONEY for new players. If they require a transfer kitty they need not apply. That is why a man like Jimmy Calderwood would be ideal, as he would already know the score about our lack of transfer budget. It makes you wonder why anyone would apply for a job without doing any research. Surely they can’t be that stupid. This is the SPL for christsake, we are skint!

The next step is to hammer home to any potential new boss that we have NO MONEY for new players. If they require a transfer kitty they need not apply. That is why a man like Jimmy Calderwood would be ideal, as he would already know the score about our lack of transfer budget. It makes you wonder why anyone would apply for a job without doing any research. Surely they can’t be that stupid. This is the SPL for christsake, we are skint!

I agree, what's the thought process of Sbragia? I'll go there and see what the score is and try and eek a more out of the Chairman even though its common knowledge he didn't give in to the previous boss when he insisted on it.

Surely the budget must have been discussed at the interview? If he didn't fancy it at that point he should have said so rather than waiting until he's been offered the job.

As others have said he's obviously not the man for us.

I look forward to the right candidate getting the job and no matter who he is he'll get my support.

It maybe only a relatively small amount he looking for the board to shift and reckons it could be negociated. Got to try and bash out the budget before he signs rather than take if he really thinks hands just be to tied.

If it happens it happens and if not though both parties move on.

Not overly fussed either way.

Surely the budget must have been discussed at the interview?

It should be known before in my opinion. Saves them the bother of applying.

Our ad should read something like this...

MANAGERIAL VACANCY

Motherwell F.C. First Team Coach

Please note that there will be No Transfer Budget available to the successful applicant.*

*(A small transfer budget will become available as soon as any existing players are sold)

Please DO NOT APPLY if you require money to add to the playing staff. Loan deals are a possibility but players must be sold to help pay any wages.

This is an exciting opportunity for any manager prepared to work to a very tight budget.

Irrespective of who we get etc. we should just take a step back and be proud that so many different names of varying reputation and ability are being linked with the job of managing a so called diddy club in a so called diddy league.

Mon the big team , anyone would be priviliged to manage the dossers

:cheers:

Calderwood, not too long ago, said he was bored with the SPL and needed to work in a different league. If that's the case then he doesn't meet your criteria as it sounds like he will be heading south (or back to Europe) sooner or later.

By all accounts Calderwood has changed his mind and is now desperate to get back into football. He would take the job in a jiffy however he wasn't prepared to apply and be interviewed, he wanted to be offered the position.

To be fair to Calderwood you can't blame him for that considering most of the candidates that have been mentioned have done next to nothing in the game while Calderwood's record is there for all to see.

I don't particularly like him as a character but I'd be fairly confident he could do as good a job as anyone else were are likely to attract and a much better job than most of the candidates that have been mentioned.