389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

So from reports we have interviewed Stubbs, Sutton, McCall and Sbragia.

Not sure what to make of any of them. McCall would probably be my first choice, but Everton are raving about Stubbs.

Who knows. I still think a rabbit will be pulled out the hat and it will be a name we haven't even mentioned on here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Express Sbragia's knocked back the offer and it remains to be seen whther or not John Boyle will go back with a better offer. According to the Sun John Hartson is now also in the frame.

I hate this pish. What credentials does John Hartson have as a manager? Has he had a shot with us in Champ Man or something?

I'm intrigued by the prospect of Sbragia though...

So from reports we have interviewed Stubbs, Sutton, McCall and Sbragia.

Not sure what to make of any of them. McCall would probably be my first choice, but Everton are raving about Stubbs.

Who knows. I still think a rabbit will be pulled out the hat and it will be a name we haven't even mentioned on here.

I wasn't sure that Stubbs had actually been interviewed. Hopefully we can negotiate a deal for Sbragia.

...it also happens to be the same John Hartson that in his article said

"My Boyle knows where i am if he wants to come and have a chat"

So i dont even think he put his CV in, of course his football manager rep is sooooooo huge! Motherwell should be begging him to come manage us!

Wank!

Im getting quite worried now,

We were told it would be yesterday and there is still no news.

Who told you it would be yesterday? A newspaper?

As others have said, there is a process in place and as soon as their is anything to announce, you can be assured that we will.

It's a big appointment for the club - one that needs to be correct.

I don't actually mind Hartson throwing his hat into the ring. He's not going to get it. You just have to understand what's happening. He wants into coaching, he knows his CV won't do it for him so he has to keep flagging up how interested he is in every job (did he not do similar for the St Mirren job in the summer?) in the hope that someone takes a punt on him. He's just lucky in that he happens to work for a newspaper who will help him out by making it sound as if he was in the frame when it never really was the case...

The Press Association had something (I think it was them) about us appointing on Wednesday but I am not too sure where it came from.

Hopefully it's as soon as possible but like any recruitment process; it's difficult to put any sort of timeline on it as there are so many factors.

Who told you it would be yesterday? A newspaper?

As others have said, there is a process in place and as soon as their is anything to announce, you can be assured that we will.

It's a big appointment for the club - one that needs to be correct.

I think the thread named "Tomorrow we will know!" hasn't helped and made a lot on here presume that's when it would be!

Plus, did our Chief Exec not say she hoped to have someone in place before Christmas?

I think the thread named "Tomorrow we will know!" hasn't helped and made a lot on here presume that's when it would be!

Plus, did our Chief Exec not say she hoped to have someone in place before Christmas?

I hope Lynda Block buys me a CP Company jacket for Crimbo but i doubt i'll get it.

Hint Hint

May not be down to what wages he gets but down to the budget he has to spend on players. Still feel that was one of the reasons judas brown left.

Would like to see what Sbraga could do, particularly as he is the scout for sunderland, must have his eye on a few players that would be good for us.

Would also have to rely on selling a few player such as reynolds who I understand is eager to leave and keep a hold of Blackman who as top scorer is vital. This would surely put a question to anyone offered the job. Can I keep a hold of these players who have helped make it a successfull season so far, or do I lose them, be unable to replace them due to the budget, and ultimately lose my job, reputation etc.

Could see hartson as a coaching role but fear that our budget won't stretch that far. Not really aware of hanlon but surely the compensation would eat into the budget we have for players.

Oh and when I say budget for players I mean having money to keep the current squad.