389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

This is now turning into a farce. If true, then two preferred candidates identified have now opted out.
Well, we don't know if it is true,so I wouldn't be too worried yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if some applicants decided to withdraw after an interview - that's pretty normal. However, it's not the same as being offered the job and turning it down. Time will tell, I suppose, but there's no use in worrying about Daily Express Tweets.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope if this is true the board have another back up plan that they can put to use pronto! Dont at all fancy going to the dome on wednesday without a manager.

Even with a manager at the helm I think our fate on Wednesday has already been sealed.

I smell shite. How on Earth does he know before anyone who has real contact with the club?

Does Andy Devlin have twitter? ;)

To be fair I hadn't heard of the guy before last week but he appears to have been the first to state Sbragia knocked us back. No real reason to rule out his news this time either.

I'm not entirely convinced by our criteria which we have made public.

While it is great to bring in someone who has contacts down south, the prority should be bringing in someone that is enthusiastic about working with what we have and being fully committed to developing the youngsters we have at our disposal.

Digressing slightly but we are doing ourselves no favours by playing Jamie Murphy out of position every week in order to accomodate a player that will be nowhere near Fir Park next season.

Digressing slightly but we are doing ourselves no favours by playing Jamie Murphy out of position every week in order to accomodate a player that will be nowhere near Fir Park next season.

Couldn't agree more, talked about this in another thread. Jamie Murphy is no more a left winger than Forbes is.

Found this about Dave Penney.

Not the most sophisticated of tacticians, Penney is a hands-on type and a superb man-manager who could be compared to the likes of Josà Mourinho in that he commands an extraordinary amount of loyalty and respect from his players. However, it is worth noting that, unlike Mourinho, Penney is almost universally liked in the world of football, and can call the likes of Kevin Keegan, Steve McClaren (who was reputed to have considered Penney as a candidate for the England U-21 job a role in which I feel he would have succeeded) and Chris Kamara his friends.

Read more: http://soccerlens.com/dave-penney-profile/.../#ixzz19KzTgNRB

scott burns is a well fan he also has this to say . .Motherwell also interviewed a foreign managerial candidate before the Rangers game.

I'd be interested to know how he knows McDonald has said know (if he has), but doesn't know the name of the foreign candidate.

Indeed you would. Can't wait fo rthe full story to come out regarding our new man when he is in place, could be so far removed from the way the press are reporting things. Usually is!

Who i want it to be and who actually gets it are two totally different things all together, me like you have no idea who is coming here ,,, but i have that sneaking feeling he is from England! and looking @the list provided already i would hope he is.

I wanted GANNON..... shame he has gone really.

This turning out like when the club were trying to find a sponsor. Plenty of chasing, and an end product out of desperation. I wonder who's negotiating on our behalf.

I just hope that the players gutless performance has not persuaded those chased to reject the offers.

Who ever gets the job is going to have a extremely hard job on and off the pitch.

Who i want it to be and who actually gets it are two totally different things all together, me like you have no idea who is coming here ,,, but i have that sneaking feeling he is from England! and looking @the list provided already i would hope he is.

I wanted GANNON..... shame he has gone really.

The irony is Jim Gannon IS what they are trying to replicate. The 'model' they are going on was due to the success they had FROM his appointment. Regardless, of how things went with the man himself the club are looking for someone with the knowledge and contacts to bring in a Ruddy, Lukas, Coke, Jennings, Humphrey, and Hateley. Let us be honest, even Brown (although Randolph and Blackman are right good signings) struggled to match that. Wonder if Gannon had more money to play with (McGhee comp, transfer of Clarkson and Quinn) than Brown did?