389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

So Sbragia is tbe man we want. According to tbe BBC Stubbs wasn't intetviewed.

Hartson? I would be raging if he became our manager.

I totally agree with that!

He has no coaching or management experience and any time he did the summarising on the tv I thought he was watching a different game than I was. Not impressive when talking about the game at all, any of the other names mentioned would be preferrable to that one!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if that is true it would be a bit of a bummer.

I am sure they don't advertise the salary, but if Sgrabia has any ambitions to ACTUALLY become a manager then he should take this job. If he is any good he will get a move to a bigger club in time. Sometimes though people bottle it amd don't have faith in their ability despite going after the job....

Still all conjecture at this stage.but the silence is deafening as they say!!

A quick short term appointment would be a concern after two weeks of receiving applications and conducting interviews. If Plan A has fallen through and it looks like no one man in particular is plan B it is either McCall or Calderwood, people who are unemployed who will probably accept the financial liabilities of the club. Just the way I see it mind.......but a wee but if concern creeping in if recent reports are true.

Stephen Craigan was on BBC Radio Scotland last night. He said the current situation was unsettling the squad, outside of training, and he hopes they have someone in soon. Pretty surprised to hear those comments so I'd expect something to happen soon. Hopefully.

sbragia offered job turned it down, players not asked for their opinions

Chr1st knows whats going on....it is like Eastenders, only the plot and script is even slower. Until we hear officially;

a) Have we really offered Sbragia the job and has he turned it down?

b) If he has turned it down is it for good or as part of negotiations and we will hopefully reach agreement?

c) If it is for good, then surely we had someone else in mind for just such an eventuality

I am getting impatient and bored in equal measure!

The board will sort this out, I have no fear of that. This is all speculation right now and if we all panic we will start to belive our own hype and tie ourself in knots.

Whoever it is will get my 100% backing whenever that may be if its before boxing day great and if its later then also great. I just want the right person for the job.

Merry Christmas to one and all

MON THE WELL :rolleyes:

I really don't know why Boyle is pissing around with someone like Sbragia (if true) or some of the others mentioned. We don't want and don't need another guy coming in for a short spell on his way 'to bigger and better things'. That's why we are where we are - looking for a manager every couple of years. Boyle's track record with managers stinks in this respect. Get someone sorted who wants the job for what it is and is willing to commit themselves to it without keeping one eye on the 'bigger and better football club managers gazette'.

For me Jimmy Calderwood fits the bill. He's been as high as he is ever likely to be in the SPL with Aberdeen and lets face if they are extermely unlikely to ever try to get him back. The only other job that he might be interested in would be Rangers and again I doubt very much if he's on their radar.

He knows what it takes - had Aberdeen never out of the top 4 when there and managed to get them to the group stages of the Europa League. What more could we want?

That's why we are where we

Challenging for Europe every season! Having a manager here for a year isn't ideal, however we have been in a lot worse situations. The most importamt factor is the guy is a good manager. If he is ambitious and sees this as a move to bigger and better things then fine... as long as he is able to deliver the goods for motherwell

He knows what it takes - had Aberdeen never out of the top 4 when there and managed to get them to the group stages of the Europa League. What more could we want?

What more could we want? Meh.

What more could he want? A few hundred grand to spend on players and a small fortune in wages for new players.... Reason why he isn't current Kilmarnock manager.

I really don't know why Boyle is pissing around with someone like Sbragia (if true) or some of the others mentioned. We don't want and don't need another guy coming in for a short spell on his way 'to bigger and better things'. That's why we are where we are - looking for a manager every couple of years. Boyle's track record with managers stinks in this respect. Get someone sorted who wants the job for what it is and is willing to commit themselves to it without keeping one eye on the 'bigger and better football club managers gazette'.

For me Jimmy Calderwood fits the bill. He's been as high as he is ever likely to be in the SPL with Aberdeen and lets face if they are extermely unlikely to ever try to get him back. The only other job that he might be interested in would be Rangers and again I doubt very much if he's on their radar.

Calderwood, not too long ago, said he was bored with the SPL and needed to work in a different league. If that's the case then he doesn't meet your criteria as it sounds like he will be heading south (or back to Europe) sooner or later.

Hmmm not that long ago he revealed Ian McCall was to be unveiled as our new gaffer.
The one thing we know from previous appointments is that the press really has no clue who the manager will be. They churn out theories, but have been way off the mark many times. The Board does a great job in keeping things under wraps.

All this chat about Motherwell looking for a longterm manager means the likes of Gus McPherson or Billy Reid. Fuck that. Bring in someone with ambition who if they move to a higher level in a year or two were obviously doing something right with us. If they're bellends like McGhee and Brown who move down a level we can laugh or if they move up a level to the Championship we can say job well done and next.

I'll take that over a Billy Reid anyday