Inverness On Saturday.

postiejim

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will see a 4-4-2 similar to the game versus Dundee except Forbes will replace Fitzy. The squad is so low on numbers we are very limited to making any changes at the moment. I think McCall will stick with experience.

3 games in and he has experienced 3 different results. First game at Fir Park as boss and we will all be expecting a performance. ICT have not been on the best run themselves......as good a time as any to get them.

1-0 Motherwell (Sutton).

Randolph

Page Craigan Reynolds Hammell(needs competition sharpish)

Hately Lasley Jennings

Forbes

Muphy Sutton

Subs:

Hollis

Humphrey

Hutchinson

McHugh

Casagolda

Pollok

Meechan

i agree with that team mate thats what i would go with

i,m one of your "happy clappy" type of fan BUT unless the team especially the senoir players show some determination & heart i fear a heavy defeat on sat. please prove me wrong. mccall has not a big pool of players to be going on with but surely we have enough to be equal with ict.

--------------Randy-------------

Hately--Craggs---Reynolds---Hammell

Hump---Keef------Jenno-----Pollock

-------------Sutton---------------

-------------Murphy--------------

First goal is going too be crucial. ICT have a great away record but with ST J breaking that last game I'm a bit more confident. I think we'll struggle but get an undeserved 2-1 win.

Up the 'Well

--------------Randy-------------

Hately--Craggs---Reynolds---Page

Hump---Lasley------Jenno-----Pollock

Murphy Sutton

We need to keep faith in the players that make a difference to our team, the poor run in form coincides with Humps poor run of form, we are at home and for sure the team would of got a belter from the new manager after the last game, players like Humps, Murphy, Sutton, Jennoe and Lasley are the match winners for the team, having them on the bench will not enhance our chances of winning. Keep the best players on the pitch, stop all the flapping and most deff not writing our own players off as shite after every defeat.

We can do it sat, have faith in the Humps and he will come good.

Motherwell 3 ... goals to One

Wholesale changes needed in my opinion. Too many players have not shown enough heart, determination and desire for too long now. Time to see what Hutchinson, Page, Meechan and Pollock can do.

Whatever team McCall puts out Murphy has to play through the middle. He's wasted on the wing.

I predict a defeat, Foran will play a blinder and folk will still come on here and claim he's pish.

I predict a defeat, Foran will play a blinder and folk will still come on here and claim he's pish.

I don't anyone thinks Foran is pish, its just when he was with us he didn't kick a ball for weeks and months of end.

If you were writing a school report card you might put "Richie is a talented boy but is easily distracted and homework was not completed on a number of occasions."

I'm hopefully we will win.

As other people have mentioned Inverness are not on a great run of results themselves, there away form has faltered recently even before the St. Johnstone defeat they were lucky to get some late draws and with any luck Adam Rooney will be put in cotton wool and won't play which really reduces their goal scoring threat.

Fear a defeat as well, we seem to be on a bit of a free fall at the moment since Brown & Know left and circumstances seem to have conspired against us as well with a never ending list of bad news apart from the Cup victory.

Move guys to their proper positions and put up some fight would be a good start. We need a real shift from all of the guys on Saturday and try and stop the slide. Thank fuck we pulled in a good few points earlier in the season or we would be in even more shit.

Whether he plays a blinder tomorrow or not, Richie Foran was/IS pish.

There's every chance he'll get himself on the scoresheet and some of our fans will probably still cheer and applaud him for god knows what. I hate the way Foran is held in such high regard by some of our support, for no other reason than he was 'a bit of a lad who liked a few bevvys and a lock in or two'.

On the park for us he was a very average player who had a knack of completely disappearing in games and contributing completely nothing for long spells but popped up with penalty goals and the odd decent run from time to time.

Other fans may applaud this nobody tomorrow but I certainly won't be.

I don't get this fear of Foran. He has been there for quite some time now and we have a very respectable record against ICT (particularly on their home patch).

I reckon McCall will have seen enough in the last 3 games to stick to 4-4-2, and run out a winner in this game.

I don't get this fear of Foran. He has been there for quite some time now and we have a very respectable record against ICT (particularly on their home patch).

I reckon McCall will have seen enough in the last 3 games to stick to 4-4-2, and run out a winner in this game.

Agree with this, a good victory for the Well, 2-0 is my prediction (sutton and Murphy) :evilgrin:

PLEASE NOTE: Richie Foran & Terry Butcher are no longer with Motherwell FC therefore it is unneccessary to sing songs praising them as per up at Inverness earlier this season.

Anyway, I was happy with the team against dundee but now that is not possible without Fitzy, I am unsure of who I want to see tomorrow. Hately is not a midfielder. Unfortunately I think Forbes will start but we need someone in midfield asap because I just dont think he can do it.

Why is everyone dropping hammell?

Did Pollock come on as a sub on Wednesday night? How did he play?

PLEASE NOTE: Richie Foran & Terry Butcher are no longer with Motherwell FC therefore it is unneccessary to sing songs praising them as per up at Inverness earlier this season. Anyway, I was happy with the team against dundee but now that is not possible without Fitzy, I am unsure of who I want to see tomorrow. Hately is not a midfielder, Forbes should be punted when we get the chance in my opinion and I hate to say it. I'd go with same team as Tartan Copper although hammell for page.

Trust me it only happened 'cause we were, at that point in the game, winning comfortably. It stopped when they pulled one back. For those very reasons I'm hoping the East Stand serenade Big Tel for just about the full on 90 minutes :evilgrin:

I didn't either beleive me I didn't - but i've watched him recently and he's come on a ton.

I think Richie Foran has developed into a really decent & commited player

PLEASE NOTE: Richie Foran & Terry Butcher are no longer with Motherwell FC therefore it is unneccessary to sing songs praising them as per up at Inverness earlier this season.

Anyway, I was happy with the team against dundee but now that is not possible without Fitzy, I am unsure of who I want to see tomorrow. Hately is not a midfielder. Unfortunately I think Forbes will start but we need someone in midfield asap because I just dont think he can do it.

Why is everyone dropping hammell?

I was only singing because I was blootered

At the moment I wonder if there's a bit of a conundrum for McCall. Has he been given a target by the board as to where the hope (expect?) him to finish?

I'm perhaps making an assumption and a bit of a leap here but I'm guessing that the further up the table we finish, the better off financially MFC will be, however marginally, and in turn the more they might be able to put McCall's way.

So does he continue with the recognised thirteen or fourteen for as long we have a chance of finishing in the top six which could help get him a better budget but could be detrimental to the development of the fringe players, or does he gamble with the fringe players and end up with a potentially smaller budget if we continue to slide down the table?

Tricky one for him.

For tomorrow I expect a return to as close a formation as we were able to field at Dens Park and hope that whoever gets the left midfield gig can offer something close to the same balance that we had in midfield on Sunday.

Not really sure how I think it'll go result wise.

We suffer from the same old problem with a lack of height in the team - Inverness will pump high balls into the box as most team do against us and we constantly struggle to clear our lines.

Lets have a back four of :-

Page - Craigan - Hutchison - Reynolds

The only other decision is "who plays left midfield?"

I would try Hammell again in the position as he is too small at the back - alternatively Hateley could play there

--------------Randolph--------------

Page------Hutchison----Reynolds---Hammell

-----Lasley----Meechan---Jennings-----

---------------Forbes--------------------

---------Sutton--------Murphy------------

Time for a few of the consistently bad performers to be dropped, Hammell would be included but there is no cover for him at the moment. If we play anything like we did against United we will get beat. 0-2 ICT.

I didn't either beleive me I didn't - but i've watched him recently and he's come on a ton.

I think Richie Foran has developed into a really decent & commited player

So ICT have a decent player - I still don't get the fear. We have a decent player too, so were eeksie peekise.