Semi Final

joe90

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific performance from everyone today, on and off the park. On both counts, the best team lost. Can't understand the serious anti-Craigan stuff which is going on, aye he lost Naismith for the goal but the cross shouldn't have been allowed to come in. Players should take all the many positives onwards, get through Saturday and a favourable draw and you have another semi to get it right. Well done Motherwell, players, staff and fans alike.

It seemed like a muted appeal from the players, when Weir had Sutts in a headlock/rear naked choke/skull crushing finale!

We gave a good account of ourselves, and were very unlucky not to get a second. Alexander's save was pure luck, something we could do with one of these days.

Jenno and Las were immense, and I liked the look of the team when Hately was in there as well. Rangers were very wary of Hump and doubled up on him at times, but when we involved him more in the second half we looked really dangerous.

The Scottish cup is the only one that matters anyway :(

Oh, and if every defender stuck with their man 100% of the time and never made a mistake there would never be any goals! So give crags a break. Maybe Naismith made a good run or jellybitch did well to set it up. We don't need to blame someone every time we lose. It was Rangers for fuck sake.

What I could see on stream. Good use, good game most of the time and the fans had be well supported. You could hear fans sing well in the background. :( It was not to be, but Motherwell can be proud of! And his fans too!

:)

cant believe how quickly people are to jump on the negatives after what i thought was an accomplished, enthusuastic performance

with a bit more luck we could ... and should .... have turned them over.

promising signs though if we can get the ball down and knock it about like we did in spells today

and for the record i thought craggs distribution was fairly decent today .... but maybe i didnae watch it wi blinkers on :):(

i would dispute the cross should not come in, it was a good bit of skill by the Rangers player to get the ball in. He was never going to score, and there was only Naysmith in the box. Mark him and they dont score.

I aint anti anyone, just pointing out that an experienced player when it mattered did not do the basic thing and mark an opponent. Apart from his distribution, which we all know aint that good, he was solid. Thats why Craigan plays for us and not a bigger team. You cant blame fans for being frustrated and critical with an experienced player after such a good team effort.

He is costing us more and more goals as times go on, and unlike Hutchison & Saunders, he does not offer any goal threat at the other end to make up for those mistakes.

Terrific performance from everyone today, on and off the park. On both counts, the best team lost. Can't understand the serious anti-Craigan stuff which is going on, aye he lost Naismith for the goal but the cross shouldn't have been allowed to come in. Players should take all the many positives onwards, get through Saturday and a favourable draw and you have another semi to get it right. Well done Motherwell, players, staff and fans alike.

+1 mate spot on :(

I know they will all be bitterly disappointed but everyone on that Team Bus returning to Fir Park tonight can hold their head high. They deserve great credit for their attitude and performance today. :( Our favourites in Claret & Amber gave the most successful football Club in the world a real scare this afternoon, and with a bit of luck could have booked a deserved place in the Final.

I came back from walking the dog this afternoon, looked out my Motherwell shirt and sat down in front of the TV expecting a humping, and got far from it.

Now lets take the many positives from this afternoon's game and climb up that League table.

I know they will all be bitterly disappointed but everyone on that Team Bus returning to Fir Park tonight can hold their head high. They deserve great credit for their attitude and performance today. :( Our favourites in Claret & Amber gave the most successful football Club in the world a real scare this afternoon, and with a bit of luck could have booked a deserved place in the Final.

I came back from walking the dog this afternoon, looked out my Motherwell shirt and sat down in front of the TV expecting a humping, and got far from it.

Now lets take the many positives from this afternoon's game and climb up that League table.

Well said my friend :)

I know they will all be bitterly disappointed but everyone on that Team Bus returning to Fir Park tonight can hold their head high. They deserve great credit for their attitude and performance today. :notworthy: Our favourites in Claret & Amber gave the most successful football Club in the world a real scare this afternoon, and with a bit of luck could have booked a deserved place in the Final.

Well said.

Gutted.

Going through that team today it's clear to see where our main problems are- defence, barring a few wee hiccups with Craggs were solid, restricted Rangers to shots and movement from 20+ yards for the most, midfield, strong in the tackle and good passing- the first game in a long time since Hateley put a shift in, in a similar role to how he started under Gannon.

Then we move up front, I think Humphrey, barring a 10 minute spell around our goal, was anonymous and seemed to be following Papac wherever he went, Murphy, had his worst game for us today, anonymous for the most and wasteful with what chances he got. Disappointing.

In the end though, we were very unlucky and on another day, with a few breaks of the ball (Saunders late header) we would be getting ready to take on Celtic in the Final, Rangers had 2 chances, hell, the first one wasn't even a chance, and they scored. Frustrating, but so predictable.

In the end though, we were very unlucky and on another day, with a few breaks of the ball (Saunders late header) we would be getting ready to take on Celtic in the Final, Rangers had 2 chances, hell, the first one wasn't even a chance, and they scored. Frustrating, but so predictable.

'On another day'

We almost ALWAYS end up saying that after we've lost to Rangers but it doesn't make it any easier. I am fucking sick to the back teeth of watching that mob snatch wins against us like that by getting every single break going for them, while we get none. You could have wrote the fucking script when it was 1-1 and we had them on the back foot.

Fucking sickening.

gave a good account of ourselves today! proud of the lads. i have to say, the build up to our goal was brilliant, pressed them in their own half, never gave them any space or time on the ball, however, after we scored all that seemed to fall away and we sat back again, the ref didnt help right enough, breaking up play every 2 seconds. but all in all happy with the teams effort, bring on the scottish cup! :notworthy:

I can't get to the point of thinking we could sneak it (not yet anyway) but I just want the team to give a good account of themselves and at least let this mob know they are in a game.

The thing is as well, you just never know.

C'mon the Well!!

Really pleased this evening. For once I think that the performance today was almost more important than the result in terms of moral for the rest of the season. Commitment, effort and also more than a fleeting display of ability. Lasley and Jennings were superb today.

F**k the result. That mob should beat us off the park every time they play us.

Only negative for me it's to say that for a former Well player and Motherwell man Lee McCulloch is one dislikeable character. Replaces a long line of Rangers cluggers that you can really hate.

Have to say I though the team were terrific for most of the game today, we passed the ball well and looked assured. I will disagree with eddiemunster (no offence!) regarding Hateley, who for me anyway was excellent in his best position. Las and Jenno were immense throughout, and for the most part our defence was solid.

Fantastic strike by Las, and what a great celebration amongst the Dossers legions when it hit the rigging! Just a shame we conceded when we were on top, but as MJC correctly pointed out, you had a sinking feeling it would pan out that way.

Overall we deserved better than we got, this 'glorious failure' feckin sucks!!

Mon the Well, let's take it out on Killie on Wednesday.

For once I think that the performance today was almost more important than the result in terms of moral for the rest of the season.

Absoutely! If we can show that level of commitment in the league then we'll take points off most teams.

Glad I was there today, the support was great and the team we're great. Can always take a defeat that way.