We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just read your Disciplinary Analysis and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for not mentioning Motherwell FC.

Obviously we did not warrant a commendation as we only got into the Europa League through the Fair Play award.

Thank you once again for completely disregarding MFC.

Motherwell FC Season Ticket Holder

This is just part of my rant to the SFA, they have a lovely wee link to contact them on, which personally I think is really nice of them to supply.

Hi Gordon Smith,

Just read your article below and noticed you forgot about Motherwell. The team who got into the Europa Cup via the FIFA Fair Play award and has now proved to be the most successful team outwith the Old Firm in Europe this season, but of course you best mention Balintore instead.

Cheers!

Peter

Reply from my email to the SFA - I've emailed back to say his email clarifies fuck all - and makes things worse.

Ian

Many thanks for your e-mail.

The Disciplinary Analysis covers all League and Cup matches for each club where as the Fair Play tables are based on only the Scottish Premier League. Also, whilst yellow and red cards are taken into consideration as part of the Fair Play tables, there are other points awarded by SPL delegates for "Positive Play", "Respect Towards Opponents", "Respect Towards Match Officials", "Behaviour of Officials" and "Behaviour of Crowd". The Disciplinary Analysis only considers yellow and red cards within a club's respective league and the Cup competition in takes part in.

So whilst both tables do have similarities, they are not completely the same and we do not use the Fair Play tables for awarding fines, warnings or commendations to clubs.

Thanks again for your e-mail and I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Regards

Mark Snell

Disciplinary Department

Scottish Football Association

Further reply . . .

if ever there was anything that was symptomatic of what's wrong in at the SFA - you only have to look at this exchange to see why it's going wrong all over the place.

3 governing bodies - multiple fair play league tables. . . . . .

They only needed to say "further to Motherwell getting a Europa League slot following their fair play standing . . . . . "

I'm not entering into a slanging match with the guy.

Motherwell were recognised as having a good standard of discipline within the SPL, which, as I say, takes into consideration not only red and yellow cards, but also reports from SPL delegates.

The Disciplinary Analysis only considers red and yellow cards for not only SPL but also Cup competitions. Motherwell fell short of the commendation category.

Fair Play leagues and Disciplinary Analysis are completely separate reports. They have similarities since both draw on red and yellow card count, but they are not the same.

Further reply . . .

if ever there was anything that was symptomatic of what's wrong in at the SFA - you only have to look at this exchange to see why it's going wrong all over the place.

3 governing bodies - multiple fair play league tables. . . . . .

They only needed to say "further to Motherwell getting a Europa League slot following their fair play standing . . . . . "

I'm not entering into a slanging match with the guy.

Go on. Reckon it would be a right good laugh :P

Didnt we finish higher than St Midden on the cards front? total joke but then not really surprised,most things the SFA does are nonsense!!

As far as I check in all competitions both Motherwell and St Mirren had 4 red cards, Motherwell had 2 less yellows (55) than St Mirren (57) but The 'Well played one less game.

As far as I check in all competitions both Motherwell and St Mirren had 4 red cards, Motherwell had 2 less yellows (55) than St Mirren (57) but The 'Well played one less game.

Reply states that we done well on the card count (Fair play league) it was 'referrals' that we fell down on. Whatever 'referrals' are.

Reply states that we done well on the card count (Fair play league) it was 'referrals' that we fell down on. Whatever 'referrals' are.

You've got that round the wrong way the Fair Play league takes into account the reports/referals (which we were above St Mirren) but only in the SPL.

The disciplinary analysis only looks at the cards but in all competitions.