We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would you rather, friendly's against some pish 3rd division team that if we win, means nothing... or a wee trip away somewhere with fellow well fans, and actually playing for something. I know how i would rather spend my pre-season.

Pre-season friendlies are pish and a waste of time and money. Don't think these early qualifying rounds will be any different if we get there.

Pre-season friendlies have been part of football for donkeys. They're seen by all the clubs as a way of sharpening up the players ahead of the competitive games. (I'm not thinking for a minute that everyone on here doesn't understand that)

So here's the conundrum - Go to them / don't go to them

Weigh up the cost / opportunity for a drink with friends / whether they're on yer season ticket or not etc etc. Then decide.

With the potential euro games, likewise - weigh up travel costs / importance to you / ticket price to get in - then go or don't go - It really is that simple.

I can't believe the moaning and groaning going on about the pre season / potential euro games.

If domestic competitive games are more your bag - then hang off until the big league kick off - Dawdle.

Pre-season friendlies have been part of football for donkeys. They're seen by all the clubs as a way of sharpening up the players ahead of the competitive games. (I'm not thinking for a minute that everyone on here doesn't understand that)

So here's the conundrum - Go to them / don't go to them

Weigh up the cost / opportunity for a drink with friends / whether they're on yer season ticket or not etc etc. Then decide.

With the potential euro games, likewise - weigh up travel costs / importance to you / ticket price to get in - then go or don't go - It really is that simple.

I can't believe the moaning and groaning going on about the pre season / potential euro games.

If domestic competitive games are more your bag - then hang off until the big league kick off - Dawdle.

Exactly.

I honestly cant believe people are moaning at the chance of European football again. But then again some people on here will moan at anything and everything

I don't doubt the day's out are great but it's the non-competitive football that gets in the way of them!

But if the games weren't on I wouldn't have gone there with some like minded souls, true the fitba' gets in the way of a good day out sometimes but that's the main reason for going to these places. God knows if I only went to games for the actual fitba' I'd have chucked it before I was old enough to drink ^_^

Seriously, people are turning their noses up at the prospect of European football now? ^_^

Here here - roll on 22nd June and heading off to pastures new, weird or wonderful

You're all so negative....

2009/2010 Scottish Premier League Winners - Motherwell

2009/2010 Scottish Cup Winners - Motherwell

2009/2010 Scottish League Cup Winners - Motherwell

2009/2010 UEFA Europa League Winners - Motherwell ^_^

But if the games weren't on I wouldn't have gone there with some like minded souls, true the fitba' gets in the way of a good day out sometimes but that's the main reason for going to these places. God knows if I only went to games for the actual fitba' I'd have chucked it before I was old enough to drink ^_^

And that was a while ago! :lol:

Having a good away day to somewhere new with your mates is great and no-one can deny that. For me, pre season friendlies are rotten and I wouldn't pay to get into them (it was OK when they were part of the season ticket! ^_^ ).

My main point is possibly having to play four qualifying rounds before reaching the group stages just doesn't do it for me. Entry into the group stages or one qualifying round a la Nancy...brilliant. Four rounds before that....nah. Just think it may be detrimental to our domestic campaign. Not moaning or complaining about it, merely putting another slant on it outwith the majority.

Pre-season friendlies are pish and a waste of time and money. Don't think these early qualifying rounds will be any different if we get there.

They will be though. When we played Preston, Wolves, and Bradford last year there was NOTHING at the end of it. Ninety minute matches played at an easy pace with the only highlight seeing how trialists perform. This year each game won leads us closer to the Europa League. If that doesn't put the bite in these 'friendlies' for the club, players, and fans then I'm afraid nothing will.

I don't care how we get into Europe. If we don't get this place, personally I will be very disappointed. I want to see the Well In Europe......and that is EXACTLY what it is. Who knows when, and if, we will ever get there again.

Ashington was one of the best away days I've ever had as a travelling 'Well fan.

Couple of hours in the bus, very friendly locals, a Social Club bar which had direct access to the back of the covered terrace, (and you were allowed to take your pint onto the terrace), and a 500 a side game on the pitch at half-time ^_^

Hartlepool was also an excellent day out. A wee day out sitting/standing on a terrace watching the 'Well pre-season is a damn fine way to apend a saturday afternoon in July IMHO.

That tour of the north east was really good, a trip down to Wales or N.I would be brilliant. At the end of the day, it's just a competitive pre season for us, so why not try and progress in Europe instead of playing meaningless bounce matches against Queens Park.

Already looking at possible opponents for us, it's going to be great. June 22nd can't come quick enough.

It gives us time, but unfortunately not cheapness as the budget airlines will be sky high by then.

Thomas Cook may recieve a record number of bookings for a week in Malta right enough, that would suit me perfectly.

Ashington was one of the best away days I've ever had as a travelling 'Well fan.

Couple of hours in the bus, very friendly locals, a Social Club bar which had direct access to the back of the covered terrace, (and you were allowed to take your pint onto the terrace), and a 500 a side game on the pitch at half-time :notworthy:

Hartlepool was also an excellent day out. A wee day out sitting/standing on a terrace watching the 'Well pre-season is a damn fine way to apend a saturday afternoon in July IMHO.

Ashington was a fantastic day out. Loads of 'Well fans having a great time, kick about on the park, shite game at 0-0 (and we nearly lost but who was really caring) and getting to grub up with the team afterwards in the rather petite club house! Brilliant day out. Twice we've been to Hartlepool and the first one was the best, the late, great Davie Cooper ripping a new arse out of several 'Pool players and their boss Alan Murray coming onto the bus to say cheerio later that night! Great times!

Not the greatest of pics, but.........

wellatha.jpg

hartlepo.jpg

Here here - roll on 22nd June and heading off to pastures new, weird or wonderful

You're all so negative....

2009/2010 Scottish Premier League Winners - Motherwell

2009/2010 Scottish Cup Winners - Motherwell

2009/2010 Scottish League Cup Winners - Motherwell

2009/2010 UEFA Europa League Winners - Motherwell :P

this is gona be a great season then :lol::D

• 2 months later...

We might have got the Fair Play UEFA place for this season, but it seems our "mates" at the SFA thought Saint Mirren finishing behind us merited a commendation whilst we just get ignored as usual.......

BawsSFA

Disciplinary Analysis

Thursday, 20 August 2009

The Scottish FA has today published their Disciplinary Analysis statistics for Season 2008/09.

Heart of Midlothian have been fined £50,000 by the Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record.

This is the fifth successive season that Heart of Midlothian have been fined and it is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. £40,000 of the fine is due immediately with £10,000 suspended until the committee's consideration of the mid season disciplinary analysis in January 2010. If there is no noticeable improvement in the club's discipline, the remaining £10,000 will be payable.

25 other clubs were fined, including a £20,000 fine for Hibernian, and 19 clubs were warned as a result of their disciplinary records.

The committee was pleased to commend the following clubs for displaying a satisfactory standard of discipline during the season:

Celtic, St. Mirren, Partick Thistle, Peterhead, Brechin City, Cowdenbeath, Keith, Preston Athletic, Edinburgh University, Stirling University, Dalbeattie Star, Annan Athletic and Balintore.