We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just revealed on P&B

"I can exclusively reveal that St. Mirren have won the SFA's Fair Play League and will be back in Europe next season. All will be revealed on Tuesday.

Congratulations to St. Mirren and hard luck Motherwell."

Oh dear, all we need, meaningless games against unknown opposition, woo hoo. :lol::D:D

Must be true then :O

I tell you what, if anyone but Motherwell has won it, there had better be an enquiry into it. Saint Mirren are about as entertaining as a night with Bella Emberg would be..........

Can see by the hysteria you boys would be really pissed off, for that reason alone hope this is true. :lol::lol::lol:

Kidding apart, not sure how this is really decided, just have to wait and see what Tuesday brings. The state were in it would probably just be another costly time wasting excercise.

Would be funny though, eh? :P

I tell you what, if anyone but Motherwell has won it, there had better be an enquiry into it. Saint Mirren are about as entertaining as a night with Bella Emberg would be..........

That reminds me of the night you, Bella and myself went to that............ ooops, sorry, that's a secret. :P

Anyone wants the pictures, PM me. :lol::lol::lol:

Would be anything but funny. I fail to see how Saint Mirren could possibly beat Motherwell to the place. Even accounting for the fact that there's more than just bookings/sendings-off to consider, they two teams are so similar on and off the park that somebody has got to be at it should the place go to the Paisley team.

SPL Stats

Don't know how up to date this site is but is looks up to date from what I can see!

There's more to it than that though.

That said, even then there's no way I can see St Mirren pipping us to it. Footballing wise, St Mirren have been mediocre - we've not been much better really, but St Mirren certainly haven't been any better than us. And from a crowd point of view, there's undoubtedly more atmosphere inside Fir Park than the new Love Street - the fact that the only song they bothered singing during our 3-1 win was "You don't know what you're doing" late in the 2nd half despite it being a vital match for them shows that. And there's been no misbehaviour on our part that would count against us.

Nah, I'd take anything you read on P&B with a pinch of salt - especially from that Captain Sensible character.

I still fully expect us to be in the Europa League next season.

its claimed on P&B that BBC Final Score reported that St Mirren hasbeen awarded the euro spot, but on the Final Score website all it says is that motherwell led the fairplay league going into the final round of games.

and with us both getting 1 booking at the weekend i fail to see how they could have overtaken us????

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7969096.stm

EDIT: link added

It won't be official until tomorrow at the earliest when all the reports are in at the SFA. Whoever gets in it'd be very interesting to see the final scores and how the teams were assessed.

If it aint us I'll be disappointed, and dubious about the scoring, but would wish all the best to whoever represents Scotland in the Europa League, as we all probably should.

Are folk seriously beginning to worry about something they've read on Pie & Bovril?! :lol:

Of course not, there are more important things in life to worry about!

However, until its officially announced there will be speculation and doubt.

I still think it's a disgrace that there isn't a clear scoring system for this that the clubs in question can be aware of.

I know people have pointed out that teams would refuse to tackle to avoid bookings, but if yellow and red cards are only a small part of deciding the final fair play score, I can't see that being a realistic possibility.

Sure looks like it. :lol::lol::lol:

You forgot "What's it like to play on grass" :P

Whit ye talkin about? You lot cannae fecking play on it either!! No league wins at your new place..............

away and spout ur pish on p&b with captain fuckwit and co

Whit ye talkin about? You lot cannae fecking play on it either!! No league wins at your new place..............

Oh, enough girls, I'm dribbling here. :P

Methinks you lot are really wanting this Mickey Mouse competition, just book a long weekend at Euro Disney, cheaper and more fun. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, enough girls, I'm dribbling here. :P

Methinks you lot are really wanting this Mickey Mouse competition, just book a long weekend at Euro Disney, cheaper and more fun. :lol::lol::lol:

if we get the fair play slot then great.if we dont then its the only way the st midden will ever get into europe through the back door

just book a long weekend at Euro Disney, cheaper and more fun. :lol::lol::lol:

Obviously being from the arsehole of the world you've not got the finances available to have ever been to Eurodisney have you? If you had (which again, nobody in Paisley could afford to) you would agree its quite possible one of the most expensive places to go in Europe. Anyway, its a made up story by your lot because as far as I was aware we were miles ahead going into Saturday and nothing changed.

Guest 'Flow

The truth of the matter is no one really knows and posts on P&B or anywhere else are premature.

Both teams went into the weekend's games practically neck and neck and we both picked up one booking each and both lost our games.

It will be a case of waiting for the SPL delegate to send their report and it to received by the SFA. Then, and only then, will the position be confirmed and you can probably expect that on Tuesday (with Monday being a Bank Holiday).

'Flow