We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

Obviously being from the arsehole of the world you've not got the finances available to have ever been to Eurodisney have you? If you had (which again, nobody in Paisley could afford to) you would agree its quite possible one of the most expensive places to go in Europe. Anyway, its a made up story by your lot because as far as I was aware we were miles ahead going into Saturday and nothing changed.

:lol::D:D

Obviously, being a bit of an arse, you have not really been out of Murderwell.

I'm glad you feel the need to get a tiny bit upset at a "made up story", shows the balanced individual you are.....................NOT! :D

Now, for the reasonable supporters, for what it's worth I would doubt anyone, apart from yourselves, would qualify but it really is a major distraction to the start of the season, could put early strain on your resources.

If you do, I wish you all the best, always support Scottish teams in Europe. :)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there is going to be a change in management the last thing we need is this diddy European place.

That's exactly how I feel. Can't get over excited about this competition at these early stages. Pretty pish games when we all should be on holiday.

Should we progress to the Europa League, then that's a whole different story. :lol:

Has anyone thought the club may decline the offer?

Unlike league placing, I think the club in question need to agree to this method of qualification and with the lack of money, pitch and considerable expense that comes with playing in the early rounds of Europe, perhaps the club have indicated they are willing to pass on the slot?

Given the requests to stay off the park to preserve the Fair Play place and the fact that the team seem to have been avoiding yellows at all costs - Hammell v Inverness and Hughes v Killie immediately spring to mind, any other time they take the yellow and stop the goal - the club won't decline it.

They want the place.

Given the requests to stay off the park to preserve the Fair Play place...

...and indeed the article on the official site in advance of the Killie game appealing to the fans on that very subject and it was very much worded in a way which suggests the club would be more than happy to accept the place. I believe Mr. McGhee himself may also have said exactly that just a couple of weeks ago.

If we get it ............. or if we dont, so what, it won't exactly be on merit this season eh ?

Could prove a nice little earner for the club and give some an opportunity to see their team in Europe ....................... which does mean a lot, but not the end of the world if we don't.

If we get it ............. or if we dont, so what, it won't exactly be on merit this season eh ?

Could prove a nice little earner for the club and give some an opportunity to see their team in Europe ....................... which does mean a lot, but not the end of the world if we don't.

Probably lose money in the early rounds due to low attendances and having to play the home leg at Airdrie or the likes. Really not that fussed about this at all, agree with you on the point that we don't deserve it on merit.

For me, trying to play some football and not kicking other teams off the park is eminently meritorious. Plenty of clubs would want the place.

Nowhere near the heights of the previous season were remotely reached in terms of football. Think it says it all about last season that I probably went to about a dozen games and didn't see them win once. I'd rather the team showed a bit of bite at times and got stuck in rather than the 'no urgency' attitude that sickened me at many a game.

I just think that to go into Europe at this early stage could have a negative affect on the season ahead given that me may lose a manager and have no real quality signings through the door.

:lol::lol::D

Obviously, being a bit of an arse, you have not really been out of Murderwell.

Let be the first to point out that infact I stay in Quarter, a good 6 miles from Motherwell scudbook, but reading isn't a strong point of yours is it? Seeing as how I work all over Britain and offshore I would also dispute that fact that I've never been out of Motherwell(even though I don'y stay there). Infact I was at the Leeds v Millwall game just last week.

To be honest, if McGhee goes I'd rather we scrapped this European jaunt period and concentrated on focusing making as decent a start in the league as possible.

The gap between ourselves and whoevers at the bottom would preferably be as big as possible for as long as possible, and if it happens to be us at the bottom, swap "big" and "long" (fnarr, fnarr) in the previous sentance for "small" and "short".

I don't think that's lack of ambition at all, just the stark reality of the season ahead and retaining our SPL status year in year out has to be an absolute priority, and that's where everyone at the clubs focus should be.

To be honest, if McGhee goes I'd rather we scrapped this European jaunt period and concentrated on focusing making as decent a start in the league as possible.

The gap between ourselves and whoevers at the bottom would preferably be as big as possible for as long as possible, and if it happens to be us at the bottom, swap "big" and "long" (fnarr, fnarr) in the previous sentance for "small" and "short".

I don't think that's lack of ambition at all, just the stark reality of the season ahead and retaining our SPL status year in year out has to be an absolute priority, and that's where everyone at the clubs focus should be.

Id agree with this. If we have a new manager you dont want to dive in at the deep end. A new manager needs time to settle and get used to the players.

Id agree with this. If we have a new manager you dont want to dive in at the deep end. A new manager needs time to settle and get used to the players.

Depends which way you look at it.

One way is that he requires more time to evaluate his squad internally via training etc. But, alternatively it could be a quick ideal way for the new manager to suss out his squad in a competitive match and see how the react to how he wants them to play in an important match. I understand that it's not the best time to "experiment" as any loss early on whilst finding out about players could cost the club financially due to the sheer expense involved in the early stages. But, would be better long term for this new manager to find out about players due to these games, rather than when the season kicks in and it is too late to change anything with the window closing etc.

The speculation on this board at the mo is incredible. Certainly has made the pre season kick off with a bang......even though the season is not officially over.

However, Rangers and Falkirk have both qualified for Europe so the cup final is immaterial. The winners of the Fair Play place are in very early........so SFA, SPL, UEFA........whoever totals up these unknown points get the finger out and make the announcement.

I disageee totally, the truth is managers learn next to nothing from friendlies, a few competitive matches before the season starts and our new boss will have a better idea of the players he's got and how to utilise them best when the league starts. I'd rather have the Europa league matches than friendlies against the likes of Millwall and Notts Forest.

As expected Captain Sensible has admitted on P&B that we was on the wind-up.

As I said yesterday, I fully expect us to be in the Europa League next season.

We will need to qualify for that stage. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it will be 4 rounds?

I'd still take the Euro Spot!

Seriously, people are turning their noses up at the prospect of European football now? ^_^

To be honest, four qualifying rounds before you enter the Europa League proper doesn't interest me at all. In my opinion it'll just be a big distraction from our domestic league duties and might even hinder our campaign due to injuries and burnout. Don't get me wrong, if we were in the Europe League I'd be over the moon but these games will probably be nothing more than competitive friendlies where we probably won't make it past the second stage due to lack of preparation time.

If we don't get awarded the Fair Play spot it wouldn't worry me in the slightest.