We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely Scotland would have to drop out.

We are currently occupying the last vacancy as of January. Well due to no Scottish team participating in European competition after Xmas, and the National side only comepeting against the Dutch. Then surely we would have no scope as a Nation to pick up any more points.

Same can be said for Norway, but the Danes would have Aalborg and Copenhagen (both knocked out by Man City) to continue their co-efficient after Xmas.

So surely bigger Nations like Italy, Spain, England, France, Germany etc due to playing more games would be able to achieve a better overall score and knock us off 3rd place.

Hope I am wrong and we will have a trip to the Faroes, Finland, Belarus, Montenegro etc in early July.

As far as I recall from doing a wee amount of research the UEFA fair play league does finish accumulating points at the end of April. So we have finished second to Celtic this year in that respect.

I hope Tweed is right about the table being published twice a year because I am quite sure when I last looked on the UEFA site Scotland had somehow dropped from 3rd place down to mid 20's - could not quite fathom how we had dropped so far. I hope I misread it!

I hope Tweed is right about the table being published twice a year because I am quite sure when I last looked on the UEFA site Scotland had somehow dropped from 3rd place down to mid 20's - could not quite fathom how we had dropped so far. I hope I misread it!

Think that must have been last year's table you were looking at. It hasn't been published again since January, when Scotland was in 3rd place.

My understanding is the results are usually published on June 1st. However, I think this year it'll be Friday as it's the day after the year end, which used to be May 31st. Sure of that, meaning if it's the case just a couple more days to find out. Kilmarnock got into Europe in 1999 I'm certain through this route, no shame in it at all.

My understanding is the results are usually published on June 1st. However, I think this year it'll be Friday as it's the day after the year end, which used to be May 31st. Sure of that, meaning if it's the case just a couple more days to find out. Kilmarnock got into Europe in 1999 I'm certain through this route, no shame in it at all.

Of course there isn't. Sure we'd all like to be finishing 3rd again, but Europe is Europe no matter how we get there!

You are aware we're only at the end of April, Ricky aren't you? Or am I misreading this...?

You are aware we're only at the end of April, Ricky aren't you? Or am I misreading this...?

Confusing I know! Should've put 1st May as I'm pretty sure the qualfying period ends a month earlier than normal at 30th April (instead of 31st May).

Well i'm glad i kept all your interest going, since that post in january.. see anticlimax to the end of the season..canny see it myself but i hope so......see theres more to supporting Motherwell than giving the manager pelters and the players but you wouldn't guess it on here... :ph34r: