We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

I doubt if Barry Fergusfud and his eejit mate would have any bearing on it unless the UEFA rep actually saw this taking place, his report would have to be submitted before that particular thing broke in the papers I think. But like you say, it's all supposition just now until next week.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 'Flow
Makes you start to think that this is not as clearcut as it sounds......thoughts?

It's not....

People / Media are in-correct in thinking that the Fair Play League in this country is based solely on the crime count red/yellow cards. It is not....

Other factors (SPL Delegates report about fans’ conduct as an example) are also considered and teams are given points accordingly. The SPL circulated the six-month table in January and we weren't second (or even third).

However, our good record in terms of bookings and red cards will certainly help. I just hope it's enough to have got us to first or second place as a return to Europe would be superb.

Would certainly give us a dilema though as we won't have a pitch at the start of July... ;)

'Flow

please please please let us be in europe!! pray hope anything else!!

If we are, don't expect another Nancy. We'll no doubt be pitched in at the 1st hurdle and could face a trip to somewhere virtually inaccessable ...... Faroes, Lithuania, Llanelli ;) in the middle of July ;)

2nd and 9th of July, Pie! Early, early start and I imagine close season will resemble what the rest of us have, a mere fortnight off!! Get through that, then you have the 2nd qualifying round 16th and 23rd July. Then the 3rd qualifying round on 30th July and 6th August....all that before the play-off stage on 20th and 27th August. Only then do you get the group stages!! Would take care of the pre-season schedule I guess.

It is the lap of the gods big man.

I cannot help but feel we are heading for a let down on this front. As someone has previously mentioned we will probably be pipped into 3rd place by Macedonia and 0.0000001 point.

We really have no idea where Scotland will place in the final table. We were 3rd at Xmas time. Could be nowhere next time around.

Still if we are off to the farthest reaches of Eastern europe - I WILL BE THERE ;)

Obviously a European trip would be immense but the likelihood is that it will just fuck up our season.

Full focus on the SPL and cups will do me nicely. While the trip to Nancy was probably my most eagerly anticipated event as a 'Well fan, this season has been rather uninspiring.

Other factors (SPL Delegates report about fans' conduct as an example) are also considered and teams are given points accordingly. The SPL circulated the six-month table in January and we weren't second (or even third).

Sounds like it's a big NO then...?

Sounds like it's a big NO then...?

We wouldn't need to be 2nd or even 3rd. If teams above us have (or will) qualify then it'll go to the next on the list, so as long as that's us....

Sorry to go against the grain, but I'd rather we didn't qualify for Europe. We don't, and won't have the squad, to do anything and and our league form will undoubtably suffer.

That was what happened this season and was one of the reasons I felt the whole thing was a bit of an anti-climax.

The best thing about Europe was beating Aberdeen 2-1 to all but clinch it. It was one of the few times we've actually filled Fir Park for a "must win" game, and actually done it!

Sorry to go against the grain, but I'd rather we didn't qualify for Europe. We don't, and won't have the squad, to do anything and and our league form will undoubtably suffer.

That was what happened this season and was one of the reasons I felt the whole thing was a bit of an anti-climax.

The best thing about Europe was beating Aberdeen 2-1 to all but clinch it. It was one of the few times we've actually filled Fir Park for a "must win" game, and actually done it!

I actually agree with every word of this post. The thought of us getting into Europe only to be punted out by part-timers from Kazakhstan because we only started training a week before the game leaves me cold...

Indeed it has, and although I'm not a regular paper reader I was of the opinion that the SFA decided that (on the back of Gretna's and St Johnstone's .... edit Qo' South, sorry european adventures), only the Cup winners would represent this country in the UEFA cup amd should that team already be an entrant in the Champions League then the place would be allocated according to an SPL finish.

Indeed it has, and although I'm not a regular paper reader I was of the opinion that the SFA decided that (on the back of Gretna's and St Johnstone's european adventures), only the Cup winners would represent this country in the UEFA cup amd should that team already be an entrant in the Champions League then the place would be allocated according to an SPL finish.

Must admit I thought the same and I'm sure I read that UEFA had agreed for 2009/2010!!

can't believe any well fan would turn down the chance of european football

when would you like to see us qualify for europe again?

what about 2011/2012 season,i can start saving just now for another jaunt away

"and won't have the squad to do anything"what would you like quarter or semi finals?

get a grip we are motherwell,we have to take what we get even if it is qualification in a roundabout way