Dundee Utd V Motherwell 26/04/14

stevie_mfc

Massive game this weekend, big chance to tighten our grip on 3rd place and obviously keep in touch with the sheep for 2nd. Some tough calls for the gaffer this week in terms of team selection. Keith will come back in but for who? I suspect a few changes with possibly Ainsworth starting as well. Any sort of performance similar to Saturday will see us win, but we are Motherwell and it's never that simple! Think we can sneak a 2-1 victory though thumbup.gif

A victory here wraps up 3rd spot but i think it will be one if our hardest games of the season. They will be sent out to throw the kitchen sink at us from the word go because this is a must win game for them. I can see a high scoring game cause Sutty will bully that young lad Soutter off the park but when their attackers are at their best they can score at will as they have proved against us this season. I'll say 3-2 Well Sutty hat-trick and don't care who gets theirs.

considering the drubbings they have given us in the last two games i'd keep reid in to sit in front of the back 4. leitch played better than vigurs so i'd keep him and drop vigurs for lasley.

ainsworth was on the bench on saturday and up at inverness because he can't be trusted to mark or work hard especially away from home, putting him up against robertson would madness as that was a big reason why we got spanked so badly the last time. we might say zaine up against robertson as he was against izzaguire on saturday for a period.

we're in a strong position now so there is no need to chase the game, a point suits us.

considering the drubbings they have given us in the last two games i'd keep reid in to sit in front of the back 4. leitch played better than vigurs so i'd keep him and drop vigurs for lasley.

ainsworth was on the bench on saturday and up at inverness because he can't be trusted to mark or work hard especially away from home, putting him up against robertson would madness as that was a big reason why we got spanked so badly the last time. we might say zaine up against robertson as he was against izzaguire on saturday for a period.

we're in a strong position now so there is no need to chase the game, a point suits us.

Dropping Vigurs would be nuts. One of our most creative players. Zaine on the right aint a good idea either. I'd go...

Gunnar

Kerr Hutch Mick Hammy

Reid Las Leitch Vigurs

Sutton Anier

Kerr/Reid can run all day and track Robertson. We could change to a 532 or 352 easily mid game. Moore, ZFA, Ainsworth and hopefully Faddy on the bench to change it.

• Like 2

We wont necessarily play for a point but Steelboy is right a point suits us. Maybe not in the race for 2nd, although I fancy St Johnstone to take a point off the Dons.

A point means we are 7 points ahead with 3 games left. 1 more win would do for us and they would really need to win all 3 v ICT, Aberdeen and Celtic away to stand a chance of catching us.

A nice position to be in. I also agree with Steelboy. ZFA played well on Saturday and if required Ainsworth can come off the bench. I do suspect that Lasley will come in for Leitch and not Vigurs. A bit harsh but he is still the novice for the time being...

I am going for 2-2. Anier and Vigurs for our goals....

A victory here wraps up 3rd spot but i think it will be one if our hardest games of the season. They will be sent out to throw the kitchen sink at us from the word go because this is a must win game for them. I can see a high scoring game cause Sutty will bully that young lad Soutter off the park but when their attackers are at their best they can score at will as they have proved against us this season. I'll say 3-2 Well Sutty hat-trick and don't care who gets theirs.

I don't care who gets ours, as long as we get at least one more than them :notworthy:

team selection should be interesting. I can't even guess who will start and how we will match up against them and what the tactics will be. Wil McCall pick the team and then decide what tactics best suit the team? Will he decide on tactics to nullify Utd then pick team to suit or go for tactics to atatck ethem and pick team to suit. Certainly a mind boggler for McCall so hopefully that means Utd wil not be prepared on how to face us?

Ok I can pick 6 but who will the other 5 be?

Neilsen

Reid

Hutch

McManus

Hammell

Sutton

Looks like most of the teams are limping over the line at the moment.

We've only won 1 in 4. Dundee Utd have only 1 point from their last 9. Aberdeen have 1 win from their last 5 plus a semi final defeat.

At this stage in the season it's about 2 or 3 more performances out of weary legs. Focus, determination, resolve.

• Like 1

Looks like most of the teams are limping over the line at the moment.

We've only won 1 in 4. Dundee Utd have only 1 point from their last 9. Aberdeen have 1 win from their last 5 plus a semi final defeat.

At this stage in the season it's about 2 or 3 more performances out of weary legs. Focus, determination, resolve.

Agree! i think that is what makes it so hard to predict the outcome of each game. We could end up anwywhere between loosing out on europe to playing last game at Pittodrie with 2nd place already won

Yip at least its not that twisted cunt Brines,but definately advantage United. McLean is a horrible wee clusterfuck of a ref who gives us fuck all

Nonsense. He is as equally as bad for both teams most games he refs for us. This chat about any ref actually deciding not to give Motherwell decisions over all the other teams in the league is rubbish. There are bad referees but for both teams and thats where it starts and ends.

• Like 2

Nonsense. He is as equally as bad for both teams most games he refs for us. This chat about any ref actually deciding not to give Motherwell decisions over all the other teams in the league is rubbish. There are bad referees but for both teams and thats where it starts and ends.

I would normally agree with you on this 100%, but for that cunt O'Reilly...

The performance and result against Celtic came from out of nowhere and another similar one on Saturday should be enough to see us emerge with at least a point.

With Motherwell you never know though and as stuttering as Utd appear to have been of late, they've had the measure of us the past 2 meetings.

I'd say there's more pressure on Utd than there is on us.

Saturday's result against St Johnstone will have assured them they can't bank on the Scottish Cup for European football and if it's going to be through the league then they really need to be beating us on Saturday. Whether that translates into them coming at us all guns blazing or wilting a bit remains to be seen.

They were clearly way ahead of us in the previous two fixtures but the scorelines can't be taken in isolation. There were several factors in each game that contributed to those outcomes, not least the fact we were shy of a few regulars in each.

It is well within our capabilities to come back down the road with at least a point.

Pretty difficult game and I think it will be one of the results of the season if we get a win. Would take a draw right now though as that would basically guarantee Europe again.

Hoping we take a good crowd up there as well because its a big game. Securing Europe shouldn't be taken lightly just because we have been involved a lot after the last few years. You never know when we could return to mid table mediocrity

In my opinion we are looking good for goals just now with Sutton and Anier looking lively, and Ainsworth just seems to have the knack for sticking 1 away. Think united will try to play at a high tempo, but their weak defense will give us chances. 2-1 motherwell or 1-1 draw.