Motherwell V Dundee Utd Sat 8 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Expect this to be quite an aggressive encounter.

Yes, probably a bit more so than ICT. Since the days of Craig Levein, United have been a very physical, competitive and bellicose outfit. Yes they have had talent too but come Sunday morning the team will know they've been in a game win, lose or draw.

Still no official word on Pearo?

I still think we can take something from this though.

A point wouldn't be a disaster (unless we concede a late equaliser after going a goal up early doors, miss a penalty and a hat full of other chances.....)

A win to follow up our good start at Inverness. I'd take anything but two one looks about right.

Will be tough and a point might not be the worst result, even though I always reckon draws are not great when you get three points for a win. After last season, I have learned to take any points and move on. Hopefully another decent performance as well.

My mate is the biggest Dundee United happy clapper you can get, and he said they were dire on Sunday. Hoping that we can really make a good start to the season here, tough run on paper but it sounds as though we brushed aside last years 3rd best team and cup winners with comparative ease, so hopefully we have nothing to fear with the rest of the league........

To be honest I don't see Dundee Utd as being any tougher than ICT, like Caley they have suffered with loss of some key players. The one reason I see it as a tougher challenge is the expected absence of Pearson and without his influence we are definitely weaker, especially whilst Ainsworth still has one more game to run on his ban.

Provided Lasley and Leitch can not be over run I reckon we carry more threat, I'd be very confident if Pearson and Ainsworth were available, as it is I still reckon we can edge it before two real tests of where we are at Tynecastle and at home to Aberdeen.

First home game and I've a fekin wedding to go to :dash2: - enjoyed Inverness , so reasonably positive about Saturday.

Roll on the Jambos

MON RA DOSSERS

Why are people so inconsiderate - don't they know these things should be kept outwith the football season !!!!!

3-1 Motherwell