Motherwell V Dundee Utd Sat 8 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Both the goals were avoidable.

The og whilst unfortunate, Laing didn't need to try and put his laces through the clearance, just focus on cutting it out or blocking it. Law should also put more pressure on the crosser in the first instance. It pisses me off the way attackers are time and time again pretty much allowed to pick their pass.

Leitch for the second one should've went out to meet the guy who eventually put the ball in the net. He neither closed him down nor stayed on the line.

Leitch was subbed quarter of an hour before the second one.

• Like 3

Thought Chalmers made a decent contribution. He's clearly not too blessed with pace but reads the game and passes well enough. Ainsworth and Johnson bring pace in abundance, I would see Chalmers shoring things up if we're getting swamped . Pearson's absence needs filled by an energetic attack minded centre-mid to allow McDonald to get up the park and link up with Fletcher or Moult- too deep to do any damage yesterday for me.

I thought the game would either be a draw oura fluke goal would steal the points for one of the teams

sadly United managed to break the deadlock with a well worked counter attack and the Well pressed the self distruct button at the end.

Uniteds back 4 were played very well and I can't see them losing many goals this season

as for the Well they played a lot better than last year and the new player use full but still not up to the pace of Scottish football but I hope that will come. There was some good passing play but some players still need to work on this. The back 4 looked a lot better than last year which should be something the team can build on.

I was disappointed at the end of the game and you see the effort the players had put in but they ended up losing. For me the first 4 games of this season are against some the toughest teams in the SPFL and I just hope the players remember this and keep working hard.

Onwards and upwards

• Like 1

i think we played extremely well against united and any other day would have won that match yes mcdonald looked woeful to say the least but i attribute that to a lack of a pre season and he will get better with time it was a big blow to lose fletcher as he was probably the best player on the park at times his movement good anticipation i thought moult would have done better when he came on though hoping we've not wasted our money on moult but its still early doors yet overall i think this is going to be a enjoyable season hopefully this leads to bigger and better things you never know maybe a cup?

We played well in spells, but still showed same weaknesses as last season, albeit less so. On the plus side, it seems as though we have a decent keeper and the centre backs look to be a decent pairing. Louis Laing has certainly come onto a game. We were also more creative than we were in the early part of last season and that bodes well. OK we didn't take the chances but that will come. New blood up front should pay dividends when they gel. Wes Fletcher looks a handful for defenders if we play him correctly and play the ball on the deck. Joe Chalmers looks a decent addition but not in left midfield.

On the minus side we still need a right back but hopefully Luke Watt will stake his claim, as he looked impressive pre season. in general though our 2 full backs seem to be giving the opposition too much space and time. Our central midfield especially without Stephen Pearson doesn't look fit for purpose and was posted missing a few times on Saturday when United found space and time around the edge of our box.

Attacking wise things look promising but defensively we need to up our game.

We were 0-0 in a home game with 15 minutes to go. There's no doubt the change he made was a gamble, but he done it to try and win the game. I'd prefer that course of action every day of the week, as opposed to McCall's bring on another defender, sit back, and invite pressure.

I'll suggest we'll win as many games through Bara's approach as we'll lose.

• Like 2

Yeah I had 20 quid on PSV. You know your luck is out when your bet loses to a goal from the last kick of the game. Which is a back-heel reverse volley. From 12 yards out. By the keeper.

Betfair account should get cancelled after that.

• Like 1