Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Quietest I've seen our part of the POD for many a game. Many regulars not there and empty seats.
  3. That is the most inept performance from any Motherwell team. A second rate Celtic team dismantles us. Its not that we lost, normally we do to Celtic, its how clueless we were. The manager had 3 weeks to get his mind sorted and tactics for this game. It was 11 individuals who looked lost about what was expected. His interviews are cringeworthy. How anybody can out a positive spin on that debacle beats me. Players will soon, if they haven't already that this guy is out of his depth. The whole fiasco surrounding Vogts playing should tell you that. It took me two matches to get a handle on Vogts. Yes, two, the first time I couldn't actually believe anyone could be so bad. The second viewing confirmed it. Here is another for you. Kanga is heading in the same direction.
  4. Mine too. Zero leg room. If I can't get seat at end I don't bother as seats so close to each other.
  5. This is a good point. Falkirk are having a very different season to the one they had last year yet the manager is the same. Maybe there are other factors at play? If we were to rely on the knee jerk reactions of football fans the following managers would already have been sacked this season. Derek McIness Stevie Robinson Martin O Neil Jim Goodwin David Gray ( now been sacked) Neil McCann The St Mirren manager is coming under increasing pressure, McGlynn too. AJ also. We could be talking about 3/4 of the league managers being gone already if the fans had their way. It is madness .
  6. 3 season tickets remained in the drawer in my house today...noon kick-offs on a Sunday, can get tae fuck
  7. His stats and tactics questionable at last club which had higher budget than ours. Stats informing poor penetration in final 3rd, mostly side passes. Lack of cutting edge. Appears vision and strategy Jens had is blinding management of club to continue season with different players that are not as skilled, trying to adopt that strategy without considering other options. It's not possible to recreate that approach without expertise and quality of coach.
  8. Remember that from the start of last season, we are now counting all season ticket holders. The game in December was far busier. One of the many joys of last season was the stands being busy and the players producing on the park every time Celtic and Rangers came to town. Today was a far cry from that. As wellup83 points out, the rubbish ko time and school holidays will have had an impact but so will the lack of belief in this team.
  9. I know that. I just thought the home stands looked a bit down on numbers to what we've seen recently and a possible explanation why. Nothing to do with fans deserting.
  10. Dundee fans were saying all this same stuff 10 games into Pressleys reign . Its absolutely ludicrous to think of changing manager right now... which will never happen anyway.
  11. The crowd was 10682, same fixture last December was 11435. A drop of 753. Fans are hardly deserting in droves, yet.
  12. All about opinions pal and I do try to be glass half full kinda guy. I defo think a section already decided Alfred must go which I think is crazy. However.....I aint papering over cracks and team selection and formation today definitely was so wrong
  13. Ur making it sound like people have an agenda against him 😂 the reality is people are concerned about what their watching & don’t see any sort of signs that it’ll turn soon if he goes out & puts 5 past Kilmarnock maybe there’s a “sign” there’s a plan…. if we scrape a win, don’t have any real identity, team selections wild or we drop points then the heat will rise nobodies on here hoping a manager gets sacked but it’s a forum where people will say what they think ( people will rightly disagree) am not hearing a lot from people providing evidence of positives….just that people that are concerned are wrong said this earlier but suggest some positives that people can get behind
  14. Today
  15. We could win next 2 games , lose next and folk would want AJ punted. He is hardly going to do interview and say he got line up wrong. Hopefully a wake up call for him and line up next week will be big marker.
  16. Haven’t you heard? Olly isn’t good enough for Motherwell just now, according to Alfred.
  17. The style seems to be trying to continue last season philosophy, possession based . But in practice we are not moving ball forward fast enough more across the way. Also in first half more than once we had 4 players out on the wing at 18 yard box and barely one in the box. How can we score like that,need more bodies in the box quicker. Preistman returning may push us forward faster.
  18. To be fair we’re a million miles of where we started this season never mind comparing to last . that I think is the more concerning factor - the further we go with the so mentioned ‘transition period’ the worse we become . I don’t believe there’s an exe to grind about who the manager is - he was very warmly received - what many of us don’t like is the loss of identifiable game plan . we need to see significantly better performances
  19. With respect, I think we are. Results wise you're right, although we are conceding more goals. Performance wise though, we could see progression and what JBA was trying to do. There's none of that this season. For the life of me, I can't see any emerging or established style of play. Where are we heading style wise?
  20. Thats exactly it for me. I'm not calling for AJ to be fired but the alarm bells are now ringing out loudly. Next Saturday will be a big game for him and us. Given the significant changes in personnel, I was expecting a drop off in form as the new players settled in. I also expected to see a SLIGHT change in playing style. However, what we're now witnessing is less possession; lower work rate; less organisation; no high press; and an over reliance on long high balls. Like Prestwickwell, I just can't identify any particular style of play from AJ. Unlike JBA's early tenure, I just can't see what we're trying to do. There's no pattern to it. I was expecting to see some progression and improvement after more time on the training ground, but this simply isn't the case. If anything we're going backwards. Playing devil's advocate, maybe we were more successful at the start of the season as AJ didn't have the time or opportunity to deviate much from JBA's established style. Once he started to introduce his own methods and ideas then things began to go awry. Even the form of our best players has tailed off. At our level, we invested a fair bit cash in new players over the summer and it doesn't seem to be paying off. Some talented players, for sure, but maybe they aren't being played to their strengths? Maybe some were overrated? Not all signings succeed of course. Something somewhere just doesn't seem right although I've seen suggestions elsewhere about that. One thing is for sure, rightly or wrongly, the fans will have the final say, as they always do.
  21. Ok vogts is very poor, but the caveat to that was he said based on training , he selected vogts...sending him out gor 2nd half is strange but cut aj some slack...we ain't a million miles off where we were last year at this time. I doubt very much we will finish 4th again though. Im sure there were conversations on here last year re Jens and how he has one match away from sack...some of those posters are after aj.. They may be right, it might not work but give him the chance
  22. I received a jolt and not a pleasant one when I read the team sheet. Sparrow at RB again, no Knight-Lebel, Vogt starting and a defensive looking midfield, including an out of position Hodge as it turned out. In the round, we shot ourselves in the foot pre match with that line up. As for the game it quickly became apparent, for obvious reasons, that Celtic were targeting our right side. The defence was an unorganised shambles; a throwback to the Hammell/Kettlewell/Alexander eras. Pack the defence, withdraw the 2 full backs into the penalty box and hope for the best. Despite that approach, Celtic found plenty of time and space in our box. The midfield was pretty anonymous and sat far too deep as we played a passive game. No leadership or physicality. Palmer Houlden, and latterly Thor, were left isolated all too often with little support from an overly cautious timid midfield. Throughout the game, we relied far too heavily on aimless high punts up the field. Off the ball work, both in and especially out of possession, was non existent. Transitions were chaotic. I'm still not convinced by Paulsen. A very showy shotstopper, he did, in fairness, produce some fine saves today to keep the scoreline respectable. However he looked culpable for the first goal, and also spilled a fairly innocuous shot. His distribution was poor throughout and that put pressure on a suspect defence. In fairness, no one player was to blame for the defeat, but Longelo and a poor Sparrow weren't helped by lack of cover in front of them. Our subs were far too late and by that time we were 2-0 down. The one bright spark was Said, who really tried to make things happen when he came on. My MOTM. In truth, Celtic could have won by 5 or 6 goals comfortably. I wasn't looking for a win but was hoping to see some kind of improvement in performance; some progression if you will, but all we seemed to show was regression.
  23. I don’t think I’ve once called outright for him to be sacked or jumped on the bandwagon of those demanding it. In fact, I previously posted that he’d rightly be given time. I’m now just questioning whether that patience will ultimately be to the detriment of both him and the team. All I’ve done is point to what I see as his failings and suggest that, increasingly, they look terminal.
  24. I think the ship has already sailed on Alfred, unfortunately. Today could’ve been the day he put his hands up, took ownership, drew a line in the sand and said things have to change. But he didn’t. And that’s despite us getting progressively worse the longer he’s had on the training pitch with the players. It’s now becoming pretty clear to me, and others, that he doesn’t really seem to know what he’s doing, and even the good players in his squad are starting to look lost as a consequence.
  25. Im usually one of the last to turn, and tonight Im officially "concerned". Being beaten 2-0 by Celtic at home in itself isnt usually something to get perplexed about. But the nature of the performance and the failure of the manager to hold up his hands, or call it out are. There are many moving parts for which he will be given time. But some signs of a structure/gameplan/identity sometime soon, wouldnt go amiss.
  26. It’s not our job to say who should be brought in….& Motherwell recently won’t bring in any names on anybodies radar question isn’t who….question is whether the current managers capable
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...